Fulham vs. Wolverhampton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Nov 26, 2023.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Fulham gets their last chance to earn any points in November when they host Wolverhampton on Monday. Fulham also got zero points from November last year (although only two games against the Manchester teams) so it would be nice to avoid another goose egg in the penultimate month of the year. The match will kick off at 3pm EST on USA Network.

Any outcome is possible with Wolverhampton. They have wins against Manchester City and Tottenham, but also a loss against Sheffield United and a draw against Luton. They'll be without key players Neto and Dawson in this match.

Meanwhile Fulham will have to find a way to win without Palhinha - an exceedingly rare feat for Fulham. Fulham will also be without Traore again and Diop is still not fit, but Tosin could make an appearance on the bench. Fulham could really benefit from getting some points right now to help calm some nerves. A lot of fans seem very frustrated with the results and there is a lot of growing concern. I'm still not too worried for Fulham despite being just three points ahead of Luton and seven points above relegation, but getting a result would certainly be appreciated.

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Was pleased we got the Mon match w/Jedi & Ream’s travel schedule. @MicahMan we’ll lean on you for positive vibes, because without a player that can find the back of the net at any moment, my concern’ level is rapidly rising.

nevzter likes this.
  3. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

That was bad for my heart.

nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  4. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Holy crap, we won!

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I followed this one on a text feed and after all the howling I saw about how horrible the penalty calls were, I was a bit surprised that they weren't that bad. They were like most penalty calls where the player made the most of it, but they didn't seem like egregious errors that I was expecting. Clearly Fulham got the breaks this evening, but that happens sometimes. We've all seen them go the other way too.

From the feed and the highlights it seems like Iwobi was the MotM, but Cairney put in a good shift as a starter too. It is a shame that Willian wasn't taking PK's last season because his were fantastic. Even when Sa went the right direction they couldn't be stopped.

See? Nothing to worry about!

The highlights:

7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Gentleman Jim had been absent for weeks with some kind of health issue, but fortunately he was back for the Wolves game. It isn't the same Fulham without GJ around!

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

GJ had a heart procedure. Willian is now 20’of 20
    In Prem PKs in his career. Cairney was my MotM, he was fantastic. I concur about the pens Micah, the guys calling the match on Sirius were over the top on how bad the calls were. Watched the tv replay and the TV announcers said it was a foul (Wilson’s) on any other place on the pitch. 3 massive points even if it’s this early in the campaign. Desperately need Joao and Kenny back, along w/a different CB combo.

nevzter and MicahMan like this.
  9. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

It’s pretty telling that penalties now seem to be Fulham’s best chance of scoring.

I really wish that the team could take the opening fifteen minutes and play that way for ninety.

Three points is three points though so I can’t complain.

MicahMan likes this.
  10. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Let’s try again, shall we?

IMG_2515.gif

astroevan, stlouisbrad and MicahMan like this.