Fulham vs West Ham Cheaters United

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Demps gets a goal and then makes celebrates with the hand wave in front of the face while saying, "Can you see me?"

Or something - I didnt get what that was about.

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Sadly I know this for some reason, but John Cena (WWE Wrestler) does that or did that.

He also ran straight to the bench where I think Okaka came up to him and hugged him. I want to say I have seen Okaka do it once before, but I could be totally wrong about any of this, so maybe it is something between them.

Who knows.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Always nice to beat W Ham. I wanted Baird to get the goal, but that is certainly an own goal.

Didn't get to watch the game, just listen to GJ, so I guess that's all I have to say!

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I thought I'd set the dvr to record or but apparantly didn't, so I missed the match. I did catch the Super Sunday and Prem Lg Review highlights.

Good job by Roy and the boys to stay on their game after the big Hamburg win. Great to beat west ham. Even beter to do it with a team 1/2 filled with reserves.

I really liked the 2nd goal. You can hear the hammer fans in full throated glory belting out their "poor, poor me" song about bubbles and as they end, the ball goes out for the corner. On the ensuing corner Baird banks off Cole for the goal.

5. Jensers

Jensers New Member

That is what that celebration is about? A fake wrestler?

Huh - well that is dumb.

I guess he likes Okaka tho - if that matters to anyone.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I thought it came from hip-hop culture, which would make more sense. I also wondered if it wasn't in part due to that wrap (or cast) or whatever it is that Dempsey's wearing.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Dont make me lock this thread. Not worried about you.. I keep having to bite my fingers!

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's what I thought: the reference was to West Ham's owners claiming that the side we fielded at Hull wasn't a "representative Premier League selection." Dempsey took that personally -- as I think I mentioned above -- and I believe that this was his way of saying "Premier League quality this." Dempsey was running towards the benchES [West Ham's were right next door] when he did this.

Also, for those of you who think you've seen Demps do the run to the bench and hug a fellow striker thing, you have. He did it with Eddie Johnson earlier this season. I don't know what this means, but I do know that Deuce took EJ under his wing when he arrived in SW6. It would be nice to think that he's doing the same thing with Okaka.

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Oh, and for those of you who didn't get a chance to actually watch the entire match you missed two things of note:

1. the announcing crew dissed both sides constantly and mercilessly -- first because the first half was (almost) a boring 0-0, and then because even though there were a total of 5 goals, there was little intensity in the match. I tended to agree.

2. the West Ham fans taunting us in the second half [while we held a 2-goal lead and they sang even louder]: "your support is fucking shit."

And to think, had it not been for dentists and plumbers bills, this was the match that HatterMom and I would have been in London to see.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

classy and i'm shocked as wasn't there a song about east end boys' affinity for west-end girls?

but, if that's the best they've got...

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Agree

And with the way Demps and Okaka link up on the pitch, it is no surprise they appreciate each other.

I truly enjoyed the poetic justice in this one. Only downer for me was Spector's performance. Wish the master viking poacher could've picked on someone else. Seems every time I check in on Spector at West Ham, he's screwed up.

I did not edit this post, until now of course. What's up

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Now, see!

Makes perfect sense and connects the dots, so to speak.
    ;)

14. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Yeah, Spector has been on the wrong end of things a lot when I see West Ham highlights, yet Zola keeps trotting him there out there at LB, so at least he is getting regular minutes.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm going to choose to believe that Spector is having a rough time at West Ham because Zola plays him out of position rather than because he isn't Premier League quality. Who were they figuring was their long-term solution there when they sold Konchesky to us? Looks like George McCartney played all 38 league matches for them the year after he joined Fulham, but he's older than Konchesky, and not really appreciably better, plus all things considered I have to figure most clubs would prefer to stick with a guy out of their academy like Konchesky was for them.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

it's a puzzlement to me as to why he plays Spector at LB also. He's a more than adequate RB and there are those who will argue that CB is his best position. He's NOT playing RB because Zola prefers Faubert there. The problem is that Faubert is a midfielder.

At least Spector gave it everything he had out there, which was more than you could say for about half the West Ham squad. Cole, Parker, Spector, and maybe two or three others looked up for a scrap -- not so much the others. It's hard to hit back quick on the counter when your opponents just sit there and pass the ball sideways. I am SO GLAD we got all three yesterday.

17. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

But does he still look better out of position on the left than Bornstein?