FULHAM vs The Toffees: Last Game of the 08/09 Season

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 17, 2009.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Amazing season. Completely surpassed any of our expectations. Now we all have to endure the endless transfer talk that concerning Schwarzer and Hangeland. Next season can't be here soon enough.

A MASSIVE Thanks goes out to Roy, Al Fayed and the players. You've all done us proud.

COYW's

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Last day of last season: we win against the FA Cup finalist and stay up by the skin of our teeth. Last day of this season: we lose against the FA Cup finalist and qualify for Europe.

What do you call that? FULHAMISH.

Missed everything about the final day. I was part of the church service today, so I couldn't even wear my colors. I'm also too exhausted to drive down to the Lion and Rose to watch the tape delay with Matt.

Having said that, a season to remember deserves many dancing bananas. Here's an attacking banana format:

............. :banana: ..............

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

....... :banana: :banana: ......

NOW ON TO EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

4. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

my hands are still shaking and it's 1.30am here(don't worry I'm at work lol) just a stunning season-words fail me
    Fulham in Europe :banana: -just say those words out loud,it's sounds great,bet the first game in Europe is in Wales or Scotland,that would be so Fulhamish lol

ps- just in case nobody told you, Fulham Football Club are the 7th best team in England 08/09! :banana:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Sweet Jesus, what a year.

Fulham is like the pimply faced 16 year old kid who grows up and comes home one day with Scarlett Johanssen on one arm.

Also, honest to God, when I try to examples of class and dignity for my students, I am using this and several other of Roy's interviews from the last year and a half.

To the older Fulham fans, I can only guess how you feel, because I'm so happy I can't sleep.

Already I miss the Ws!

Thanks for a wonderful season.

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Just got back from watching the tape delay. While it would have been nice to cap it off with a result, we finish 7th all the same. Won't even bother analyzing the match, the whole of the season is all that matters. And it was a joy!

Don, you didn't miss much. No atmosphere to be found, just me in a corner watching the match in a pub full of pseudo-Cav "witnesses" watching the NBA. It struck me that the NBA fosters more fans rooting for superstars instead of teams than any other league I can think of. But I digress.

All in all, a great day. I did just what Old Bugger mentioned a number of times in the truck on the drive home. It sounds beautiful every time. From Sanchez to Europe in 17 mos. Truly an unbelievable year and a remarkable accomplishment.

The next couple of months are going to bring some serious football withdrawal.

8. articbob

articbob Member

I had to work today so I had to wait for the EPL Review Show to see the highlights. The loss to Everton sucks, but it wasn't as important as the reward at the end. Fulham is playing in Europe. I never thought I would be saying those words.

Tom Wille called it "The Improbable Ascent" I couldn't have come up with a better way to describe this season. Congrats and thanks for a memorable season.

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

I was sitting in the Haynes F, pretty damn near mid field. BEAUTIFUL day, 70's, not a cloud in the sky. Perfect, period.

Saw Corky, and met Katy, jlough and his wife, logicalman(?) and his wife from Indiana, Stanely from Highland Park at the Cottage Pub before the game. (and afterwards). Had a nice long conversation with jlough and his wife in from San Diego to the point we looked around and the pub was empty! We had to hoof it to the stadium to make sure we made kick off. Class folks. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Great feeling in the stands. People were obviously on cloud nine with Fulham's performance this year (and thanks to my Blackberry, the people around me also knew that Tottenham were getting thrashed).

The loss was a bit harsh IMO. 2 - 0 was not deserved although I could not make the case we should have won.

Everything worked out well anyway. What a phenomenal season! (Need to start a season recap thread)

I can't wait to see who we draw! Can you say ROAD TRIP!

(I feel so good that I won't have my weekly Zamora hate session so I won't mention the fact that he put a shot 60 yards over the goal when he was 10 yards from the goal mouth, opps)

10. sullytex

sullytex Member

Ohh yeah...I love the 'next fixture' picture on the home page!

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

nice one, fog! 8)

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Blame Mike! .....I think.