Fulham vs Reading

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 13, 2007.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think you have a real nutter in Mikey. 8)

I didn't get to see the game, but looking at the stats, the team seems to have improved as the game went on. Shame that a legit goal that would have given us a point was disallowed--1 point on the road would have given Fulham some sort of lift in spirits.

I hope Fulham find their home form and win again this Saturday!

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

We are in some deep shite. We must win against Blackburn or we will go down. By all accounts we looked much better than we had when coleman was manager. We need to win against Blackburn and if Sheffield can pull out a draw or a win I believe we are safe. If we lose or draw and Charlton win we will go down unless by some miracle we pull of the result of the season and beat either Arsenal or Liverpool. I believe Sanchez will lead us to safety and I really hope he becomes our manager as I think he can lead us even further and make us a top club in the Premier League.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

On the former point he {Sanchez} has solid credentials. And CC did that, as well.

On the latter, he has no track record of success and, now, neither does Cookie.

I hope MAF continues looking.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and, I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like that Sheffield thumping of Charlton to be preceeded by a loss today v. Man Utd.

As far as the manager goes, Sanchez has no track record at Prem level, and I think he's the favorite of the ABC [anyone but Coleman] crowd.

Whoever is the gaffer in whatever division will get my full support -- if not my avatar choice.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He has taken Northern Ireland and made them a team that can compete with any team in Europe. He has managed at the club level before and is doing well with a team that has maybe a few players who should even be playing at the international level. He is a damn good manager who knows how to do good things with less talent which is what we are a team with not much talent and I believe that Sanchez can take us even farther and make us a club that can challenge for Europe. Also who else could we possibly get if we stayed up? There are not manay managers who would want this job because of the lack of money and the size of our club.

6. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

As I was making notes on my notebook while watching the game...and eating a quick bite of breakfast with my 1 year old daughter....i made a very bad impression for my daughter as I lost my cool several times as the offsides flag came up on at least 3 different times preventing scoring chances. I think I even threw her Curious George at the tv on Diop's goal that was disallowed. Granted the defense was spotty but IMO the refs really took that game away from us.

I agree with Wfuss....rout was very poor....he was a complete non-factor. I like Davies on the same side as McBride and I do believe that combo is going to pay off....they had several chances. Niemi had some fantastic saves in goal....the one he made with the tip of his foot was one of the best saves i have seen in some time....going down and to his left and able to get the foot out to the right and get a piece of the ball....I guess only keepers can appreciate saves like that....jus kidding :)

I really don't care what everone else is saying....I will continue to BE POSITIVE until i have a reason to be not positive. COYW!!!!!