Fulham vs. Reading [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Oct 30, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Oh, its going to be a Fulhamish afternoon:

-------------Niemi----------------

Omozusi -- Stef -- Baird -- Hughes

Davies -- Smertin -- Seol

-----------Dempsey -------------

------Kamara -- Kuqi--------------

As for the ref:

Mark Clattenburg will return to Premier League action at Fulham on Saturday along with the assistant ref who was banned after his last appearance at the Cottage. The referee missed last weekend's games following criticism of his display in the Merseyside derby. And Ian Gosling received a one-match ban in August when he failed to spot a David Healy shot had crossed the line against Middlesbrough. Fulham host Reading on Saturday.

2. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

2-1 to Fulham

Goals - Kamara (29') and (41')

Hopefully the refs will give us some make up calls.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

Is this the good or bad side of the Fulhamish coin?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Re: Fulham vs. Reading [R]

I like your lineup, Mikey. Shame about the injuries and suspensions or there could be 6 yanks on the pitch tomorrow.

I'll be in the chatroom whilst listening to GJ. I can't wait for the replay. No prediction this time.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The way Fulham's been playing, this game -from all accounts- should be a good chance for it all to come together for a 'brilliant win'.

Unfortunately the same can be said for Reading. I dont see how anyone can predict anything.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A look at the next 5 fixtures (Reading H, LiverPool A, Blackburn H, ManU A, and Everton A) tells the story of how critical getting 3 points on Saturday is. After the Royals match, I would take 4 pts from the next 4 and be happy about it.

Reading has been absolutely horrible at times this year (GD -9), but while we're the "draw kings", they either win or lose. Had to looks up last year's record and they lost 15 games (same as Fulham), but won 16 (double FFC's win total). They expect to win, and we hope to hang on, so its going to be up to the fellas on the pitch to say "NOT %&*#ING TODAY"

Referee's calls (both good and bad) generally balance themselves out over the course of a year. However, I can't recall a decision going obviously the Whites' way since Brown not getting red-carded vs Liverpool last season. Never been into conspiracy theories (except for the entertainment value), but we are beyond due in getting a call or two or five.

I would like to see Healy and Kamara start together again (have to build continuity and let the boys get more than just one run out), and still think that's a better combo than Kuqi w/either. Already know there is no way I'm doing a media blackout for 7 hours to see how this one turns out before its aired on FSC, so my fingers are crossed that it will be an enjoyable replay on Sat. afternoon.

7. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I am with everyone else. It's too tough to make a prediction.

But being the optimist I am and my belief in the team, I am saying a 2 - 0 win for the boys in White.

Maybe this week will be the one where I am right for once and we get the 3 points.

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'll be waiting to watch the game, so won't be on chat (I'm a Reading supporter and Fulham Fan so want to keep the suspense).

I'd like to see Kuqi up front. Reading has big, physical centre backs and Dempsey will have trouble being effective in that role. Let Kuqi take that pressure and give Demps a chance to find space.

I hope Convey plays, just to get a chance to watch him again.

I don't have a prediction on this one, except in that it will be an entertaining, back and forth, high paced match.

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I hate Reading. Just wanted to add that in.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Still not predicting, but it's about time we got more than a one-goal lead. I'd love to see what we can do with a 2-0 lead -- against anybody. I'll miss you self-imposed-blackout-guys in the chatroom.

COYW!

11. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I would love to join you in the chatroom and listen to GJ, myself ... but I have to work this weekend. So it works out that the game will be showed on FSC and I can DVR that beast.

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I'll miss the chatroom and match as our home ultimate tournament is this weekend.

Fulham should win this. Yes, I just said that.

We tend to complain how awful we are away, but Reading has a whopping 1 point away from the Majeski this season. And that was the opening day fixture at Old Trafford when ManU couldn't field a striker after Rooney went out.

It would be Fulhamish to blow it, but screw it. I want revenge for last season's embarrassing home loss.

2-0 victory.

Come on Fulham!

13. FulhamWisconsin

FulhamWisconsin New Member

Fulhamsih or not, it's about time for a win. Reading is in the same boat we are squad wise, so it's all about who comes to win. If the boys can bring their game like they did against Chelsea, not Derby or Sunderland, we can get 3. My call -- 3-0 to Fulham. Two from Dempsey, one from Kamara.
    COYW!

14. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I hope we win, but we'll probably draw. There aren't many teams Fulham can just straight up beat. This game scares me a little bit. I think Reading are crap, but they do have some talent up front which makes them sort of dangerous.

15. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

I predict a very Fulhamish win:

Fulham - 4

Kamara (17)

Dempsey (43, 59)

Healy (75)

Reading - 3

Lita (91)

Kitson (93, 94)

16. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

You forgot Baird's inevitable goal from the half way mark to seal the Fulhamish for the weekend!

17. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

I don't know if anyone else listens to the weekly soccernet podcasts, but FFC routinely gets killed. Lots of snarky comments about their form and the pundits usually pick against us. This week included. Really looking for the Whites to make them eat their words.
    2-1 good guys

18. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

for the vets around here: does anyone know why all pundits seem to rag on fulham? they still angry at MAF for being the first foreign owner? everyone seems to love west ham, but with their hooligan history its ridiculous.

19. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Re: RE: Re: Fulham vs. Reading [R]

I must have missed something. Is Boca injured, suspended? It would have been nice to have 6 US players on the pitch.

I wont be in the chatroom. My 10 year old has a soccer tournament so it will be an exciting day of soccer for me. We will get back home just in time to see the replay on fox. COYW!!!!!

20. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Re: RE: Re: Fulham vs. Reading [R]

Boca is out for accumulation of yellows. He got his fifth one of the season against Sunderland.