Fulham vs. M'brough

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Not sure we have a Karl Fletcher. If we did it would probably be Jimmy Bullard, but the bottom line is that there is only ONE true Karl Fletcher!! Watching Dream Team as I do, Fletch always cracks me up. I hope he sticks around for this latest season that began Thursday on Fox Soccer Channel. It does not look promising after the weird first episode.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

okay; this is official ... I'm worried about all three of you guys now!

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Back on point, sort of.

Let me be, if not the first to say this season, the first to say recently, FULHAMISH!!!

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Yeah, she's angry at all the rubbish kranks who think everybody is failure after one or two mistakes. It is amazing how many Fulham fans think they're watching Chelsea out there. People need to get their expectations in check.

5. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

How did Diomansy Kamara look now that he got more than 20 minutes of playing time?

6. rsl2000

rsl2000 New Member

This day turned out horrible. Watching Mcbride down in pain made me sick to my stomach. A knee dislocation at his age, I am sorry to say but I don't think Mcbride will be back. He has a long year of recovery ahead and by that time it may be difficult for him to stay in top form.

7. rsl2000

rsl2000 New Member

At least in Dream Team Harchester got to play European Football. All we get is relegation battles.

8. rsl2000

rsl2000 New Member

Dempsey needs to get his act together NOW!!!! I really like him as a player and think he can succeed, but he needs to take advantage of these opportunities.

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well very disappointing to say the least.

Warner absolutely gifted the first goal and Boca stood there like a statue as his man ran past him and scored the second. Sigh :(

As for Dempsey, I really don't think that miss was as bad as everyone made it out to be. Don't get me wrong he should have nailed it, but it wasn't a sitter it was moving fairly fast in fact, he hit it left footed and it came off just left.

And the 90th minute goal was most definitely in the net. We got screwed out of at least a point. But losing to Boro at home isn't acceptable, we need to do better.

10. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow, rough day for the Yanks and for Fulham in general. It's a bad omen when you injure yourself in the process of scoring a goal without being touched for another player. As someone pointed out, Boca got toasted on Boro's second goal, and Dempsey had a rough day as well.

Still, after seeing highlights, the ball was CLEARLY over the line at the end of the game.

WhiteWitch's thread on the club website is good reading.

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I just got to watch the highlights and have to say that I am going to try and attempt to forget about this one and I suggest the rest of you do the same.

As Sanchez says on the official postmatch statement, if it could've went wrong, it did go wrong so there is nothing we can do about it.

We should've stuffed Boro but with Dempsey first missing a breakaway and then missing an open net, its just not good enough. That, combined with a perfect good goal disallowed, our captain getting hurt, etc. It just wasn't our day. I'm sick to the stomach over this but I will forget all about it with an away win against Aston Villa.

So come on Fulham, pull together and get the job done.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

"And then we equalize in the last minute, and they don't give it." Basically makes his feelings clear about THAT, I think.

13. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Trying to forget that devistating match might be impossible, but I will attempt to block out the flash backs.

With Bouazza sidelined for several months and Fulham being absent a left winger will LS start utilizing Cook? I know cook hasn't been match fit, but surely there has been enough time for him to get fit to start or at least sub.

Or... LS could move Davis out to the left and bring Diop into the middle. Interested to see the lineup for the Villa match.

14. eroc004

eroc004 New Member

Just heard on Sky sports that Bouazza is out 1 month and McBride is out 3 months. I think it is time to start Dempsey.

15. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i say start kamara next week and if he does crap go get anelka.

put dempsey in a middle-forward spot (but not a striker) and see how that pans out.

oh, and put volzy and/or rosenior in.

16. Team_of_McBrides

I agree that Volzy and Rosenoir should feature soon. They both provide some energy and Liam is dangerous when going forward.

Scrap Kamara for Anelka... You are having a laught, right? Have to give Kamara some time, plus he is Fulham's most expensive signing in club history. He needs more time than just 20 minutes at the end of a game to have an impact.

Dempsey... I don't know what it is going to take to shake him out of the funk he is currently in, but if moving him to the middle could help it is worth a try.

17. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i dont mean sell but look at the depth chart: right now we only have 3 strikers. that's right: THREE. if kamara doesnt pan out before the transfer window closes, we need to get another quality striker because a)healy cant do it himself and b)we need depth

true kamara hasnt really been able to prove himself, but theres a good chance mcbride may never be the same. and i really doubt collins john will do anything so we really need both an impact player and one who adds depth. and seeing how bolton is going nowhere fast, anelka is imo the perfect target. it'll just cost us a lot!

18. Team_of_McBrides

Anelka is out of Fulham's price range at this time. Especially with Fayed already paying 20+ million for transfers already. Healy, Kamara and John provide some viable attacking options now, but I agree that another striker should be added for some extra depth.

Dempsey could play in the forward position and provide a nice change of style an pace that the other strikers do not possess. The only problem with moving Dempsey up front is that Fulham will be lacking a winger. With Bouazza now out for at least a month Fulham may be short on wingers as well. Cook should be featured soon though and he will answer the question of depth on the left.

19. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

Whether it's the national or club team, you guys know as well that Duce is starting to make a pattern of this. As my buddies continously slagged on him, I would jump to his defense. But I'm starting to lose patience. When presented with these opportunities he needs to start finishing on some. Then there is no need to bring in the questioning of the officials. I hate that. It should never reach that point. As for Kamara, well let's give him a go and see what happens. I'm Don't think he's as good a compliment for Healy as some others. Heidar wouln't be that bad of an option right now in my opinion.

20. USSOCCER10

USSOCCER10 New Member

Just saw the highlights. That miss by Dempsey was ugly buy he did have a nice flick on to set up the goal that was taken back. With Bouzza hurt or w/e his name is he should get a couple starts and if he doesnt do anything his time is up. But give hime a couple starts. Healy look like a brillant signing.