Fulham vs. M'brough

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am absolutely gutted right now. The loss, the injuries and everything that goes with both. My weekend went from good to bad in the last two hours.

2. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

The save on Healy in stoppage time was clearly over the line. It should have ended 2-2.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Gutted... Another match lost in the last 5 minutes. Then McBride and Bouazza both go down with serious injuries. Dempsey with a poor performance... frustrating morning.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

can anyone provide a vid link to this (nonsense)?

5. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

They seem to fall apart late in games...

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

This could not be any worse. They lose players that play alot and then they go and lose the game in the last 5 minutes. I do not want to sound pessimistic, but this is the same shit that has been going on since the good season of 03-04. It seems that Fulham can never get any damn luck. Fulham has a tough patch of games coming up and there must be points taken. I do not want the same shit to happen like last year and be dragged into a relegation battle.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Oh dear. I looked at a headline and it said something like Mcbride facing months out after dislocating knee. I guess people will get the pair of Kamara and Healy now.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, the Soccernet write-up said "dislocated kneecap and suspected fracture."

9. dirtyboy

dirtyboy New Member

I just got to see the highlights. My stomach hurts now. Didn’t Bullard go down at around the same time last year? Warner let in a weak goal. When is Niemi coming back? And that ball was clearly over the line. I need Alka-Seltzer.

10. TeaTimeAtHarrods

TeaTimeAtHarrods New Member

can someone please explain why Dempsey continues to feature in a Fulham shirt-he is out of his depth at this level and the fluff against Middlesborough is sadly his continuing calling card.that he still gets paid to produce such works of inadequacy beggars belief.

11. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Freak inuries threatening players' whole seasons. One goal that clearly was a goal not given, and another goal that never should have been a goal allowed in with some atrocious keeping. Does Warner have vaseline on his gloves?

Is it just me, or did this whole match play out EXACTLY like an episode of "Dream Team"?

Er, not that I would ever watch that show, of course. :oops:

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

if anyone is interested, video is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueX0byriEYw

. what worries me the most is that we really have no idea how long mcbride and bouazza will be out for. remember when bullard first got injured and speculation was it was only a few weeks, then months, then a year?

i see that happening with our captain.

13. Team_of_McBrides

Missed McBride and Bouazza's injury during the highlights, but I saw the goal Healy scored which the lineman disallowed in the final stages of the match. That was criminal. The ball was obviously a yard or two over the line. How can he miss that? There is a big difference between 4 and 3 points. Fulham were robbed.

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

hmmmm, freak injury to McBride. We can only hope that it limits the severity.

No way for me to put it nicely, Boca got worked on that 2nd goal. 1st goal? Puhleeze.

15. eroc004

eroc004 New Member

Just got done watching the game. The guys need to learn how to finish especially Clint Dempsey. He had what was pretty much an open goal from 2 feet and missed. Healy had a chance and put it straight on the keepers face. Had either side to choose from. It sucks McBride is out but hopefully Kamara can step up. Healy is looking like a good signing.

16. BC

BC New Member

My God, how painful to see those highlights. Mac never goes down like that. To seem him howling in pain...you know it's serious. It does remind me eerily of Bullard. I say Mac is out for 3 to 4 months at least.

How can Warner give up a goal like that after playing so well against the Arse????

If anyone is looking for the perfect definition of "gutted", this would be it.

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I must admit, I love Dream Team and you are correct in making the parallel between Fulham and Harchester United.

18. Team_of_McBrides

Fulham has now just compared to the Purple Dragons of Harchester United... I've heard everything now. So which current Fulham player parallels Karl Fletcher?

19. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Not sure -- I just hope our keeper isn't playing the part of Jamie Parker.

Er, from what I've been told, that is. :wink:

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Wow! I have never seen the White Witch so ANGRY. Check our her thread on the offal -- something like "here's a good idea, let's rip our team to shreds."