Fulham vs. M'brough

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Aug 16, 2007.

1. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Well that is good news. Last year it was Viduka and Yakuba who kept them up higher in the standings than they probably should have been.

I'm feeling good about this game. And my girlfriend will tell you that I am typically the king of Pessimism.

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

yeah, this might be the "easiest" game of the season. they've got injuries out the wazoo, rochemback is suspended, and no Yakubu. anything less than a win will be dissapointing.

we'll see Mido though i guess.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

The only rumour that I've read of Liam being transfered is to reading for Seoul and Imgrimarsson. That news has been fading as of late, so I expect Liam to get some time relatively soon.

If Yakubu won't be in the lineup, as Lyle stated earlier, I like Fulham's chances to score 2 or even 3 goals in this match. Yakubu has basically been life support for Boro's attack the past season. Mido lacks the work rate that Yak possesses and won't have near as much impact.

Predicting the scoreline:

Fulham 2-1 Boro

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

i'll say 2-0 Fulham.

maybe everton will break into the top 4 this year and not tottenham.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Fulham vs. M

Just literally said the same thing to Tom, word for word.

6. martin

martin New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham vs. M

Boro is reeling and we should take this one. I predict 2-1, with goals from Healy and Kamara. Mido will score for Boro, then get sent off for kicking someone in the privates.

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I knew Boro had some injuries, but had no idea their side had been hit this hard by them.

From Sky Sports match preview:

"Yakubu Aiyegbeni has been left out the travelling party amid growing speculaton of a move away from Boro.

Robert Huth, Luke Young, Jonathan Woodgate and Emanuel Pogatetz remain sidelined, while Fabio Rochemback is suspended.

Stewart Downing and Mark Schwarzer both picked up knocks against Wigan but are expected to be available."

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I read that too...and that's what's got me so worried. Are we gonna come out and expect to stroll to victory, or are we gonna come out, get in their face and take the game to them from the sound of the whistle? Nervous but excited!!!

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I've been holding back, but if Woodgate and Young are both injured, that's 2 or the 3 players they have that seriously concern me -- the other is Downing. Plus, Schwarzer is a comedy mini-series between the pipes, so ...

I'm saying 3-1 good guys. Goals to Macca, Davies [or Davis], and Konchesky. I think we'll discover on Saturday that Healy doesn't score in EVERY game.

I'll be listening to GJ and will be in the chatroom. Hope to share some irritated electrons with y'all.

11. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Re: RE: Fulham vs. M

We think alike!

Yeah, I'm nervous because this match screams "Let Down Game" to me, because they're a better side, clearly should win with Boro's injuries, are riding high after two solid performances and are playing their 3rd game in 7 days. I'm going to be conservative, but not pessimistic, and say 1-0 good guys.

12. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Fulham needs to win this game, because if there ever was a gimme game this is it I think. Middlesbrough is a complete mess right now. If you listened to or read any of Gareth Southgate's comments this week he doesn't know what to do. They are missing so many people it's not even funny. And they're going to probably stick an unfit Mido into the lineup.

13. psand22

psand22 Member

I realize we'll have had 3 games in the span of week, but I wouldn't be going crazy with changes tomorrow. I'd go with what's working and keep things pretty much the same. I think Boca's out with the cards, so put Liam in on the right side and move Baird on over to the center. I see us winning 2-1.

14. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

theres no link on myp2p.eu, any other possibilites?

15. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Fulham 1-0 after 15 mins courtesy of McBride... but he's off five minutes later because of a 'serious injury.' Not sure about what happened there, but it's never good when those two words are attached to a player.

16. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

If you have the SopCast player, the game is on channel 29761. It is currently half-time.

17. Hugg

Hugg New Member

Just saw the replay. His left knee went out on the goal. He was in major pain, had to be stretchered off.

It wasn't pretty. Don't want to speculate, but it wasn't pretty.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Both Boazza and McBride are out. Macca had nobody near him, but had a dislocated knee. Boazza also injured in the 35th -- dislocated knee -- and replaced by Dempsey.

19. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

McBride dislocated his knee and Bouazza dislocated his shoulder.

20. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

Warner let in another extremely soft goal.