Fulham vs. Manchester United

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Nov 3, 2023.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Fulham hosts Manchester United early on Saturday to kick off the weekend's matches. We get somewhat of a break with the time difference being one hour less than usual for this Saturday, but it is still an early kick off at 8:30am for the east coast and 5:30am for the west coast. The match will be on USA.

Fulham played Manchester United three times last season and came away with three tough losses. There was Garnacho's injury time winner to send Fulham into the World Cup break. Then there was the Mitrovic debacle in the FA Cup. The season closed out at Old Trafford with Fulham getting an early lead, but things fell apart after Mitrovic's penalty was saved and United scored twice.

It could be easily argued that Fulham out-played Manchester United three times, but managed to not even get a point. United look like a broken team right now and they would gladly take another win against Fulham to help calm their nerves. I'm hoping that Fulham finally gets a deserved win against United and piles on more misery. Fulham has yet to beat a team that currently sits above them in the table, but a win would put them level on points with Man. U. As always, I have confidence in the defense but will wait to see if anyone steps up this week to get a goal.

Fulham could have Tete, Tosin, and Traore available as subs, but Diop will be out for a while. United will be without Casemiro who picked up a hamstring injury in the EFL Cup.

nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  2. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

My kids team kicks off about the same time. So I will be avoiding the score until I can watch. It's a tall order with Man U playing.

nevzter likes this.
  3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Extra time again. Man U didn’t deserve that three points. Though Fulham didn’t either. January can’t get here soon enough.

nevzter, MicahMan and SoCalJoe like this.
  4. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

With better luck or/and finishing, we could have easily won this. I feel awful for Muniz. It seemed he knew it was bad. Likely a knee ligament injury. He was showing some promise. Marco will need to figure out if it's even possible to get more out of Vinicius or Jimenez. I can't see us spending enough in January to get the quality we need, though I hope I'm wrong.

nevzter likes this.
  5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

^^^ Can’t be the last day of Jan either.

nevzter likes this.
  6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I hate Manchester United so much. One of the comments on the highlights video did make me laugh: "Absolute mid table classic"

nevzter and astroevan like this.
  7. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

At least we didn't get screwed over again by refereeing. I almost feel sorry for Arse fans. They got effed in three different ways.

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Concur with all the above…I cant believe that Silva would re-up with the club if he wasn’t promised a Mitro-level replacement (or the funds therefore) in January. At least I’ll keep telling myself that until a new No 9 walks in or Feb 1st rolls around.
    COYW

astroevan and MicahMan like this.
  9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

@daddude7 The key word in the above sentiment ‘almost’ :D

VAR with the almost impossible to fathom Tri-Screw Up on that Newcastle goal.

nevzter likes this.
  10. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I thought the most egregious error was not giving Guimaraes a red for the elbow that he threw to the head.

In today's Tottenham/Chelsea match I felt there was some football karama. After barely getting a win against 9 man Liverpool, Tottenham found themselves on the other side playing with just 9 against Chelsea. I was greatly amused by the high line Tottenham played with which was the football equivalent of Russian roulette. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team down a man play that high up the pitch before, but it sure made things entertaining!

nevzter likes this.