Fulham vs. Manchester United - New York City

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Mar 11, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well last time we met these guys I was at Nevada Smiths and saw THE wonder goal!

All are invited...I know there maybe a few Londoners on Holiday that may join us.

Baker St. or Nevada Smiths?

2. americanmike

O.K., Baker St. is out of the question since Six Nations Rugby Ireland vs. Wales is on at 10:30, sorry Allegra!

3. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I think I will be going to watch the egg-chasers if they beat France today...apologies. But at least I know the irish rugby team won't line up 4-5-1

4. RDG

RDG Member

I realize that Baker St. is pretty much out of the question, 'cuz of the ruggers, but Nevada's did treat AM pretty shabbily last time out, so perhaps we could put our heads together for an alternative. Now matter where we do meet up, it would be nice if: a-) Mike would be there before the KO :lol: ; b-) we could stick around for post-match analysis on why the 4-5-1 doesn't really work if the wingers aren't forward. . . I'd also like to hear more about the SW6 trip and the possible trek to Ohio.

COYW!!

5. AGreen16

AGreen16 Member

Re: RE: Fulham vs. Manchester United - New York City

Hey Mike,
    I will try and find out if it is possible to watch at O'Flanigans. Nevadas tend to be a little bit annoyhing withthe bartenders jumping on the bar everytime United scores.

6. eamon

eamon New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham vs. Manchester United - New York City

hey
    in new york to watch the mighty whites beat man utd!!!! living in Kent England and go to the cottage when I can hope to meet some american fulham fans any idea where the match is being shown leaving on tuesday
    many thanks

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Eamon,
    If you are in New York City this weekend, just keep coming back to this messageboard to find out where all the FulhamUSA people are meeting.

8. americanmike

OK, so who can make it regardless on Saturday...I have a small gift for each of you if that helps persuade...also who are the 'egg chasers' again??

Possible pubs again are...???

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Mike,
    I think the egg chasers is a reference to Rugby. Butl, i might be way off on that one. Just a guess.

10. RDG

RDG Member

Oy, Mike, you lead one SHELTERED life, not having any idea about rugby (egg chasing -- just think what a rugby ball sort of looks like), especially after being relegated to the one TV for footie, whilst the other patrons at Baker St. got to view the good TV's!

Possible places: O'Flanagan's; Becky's (both East Side); for those wishing to travel to the Brooklyn Heights/Cobble Hill area, I'm sure that Floyd's on Atlantic will be showing it (they do not do food, but you can order from the Chip Shop next door and have it delivered). I would go up the the East Side (I gather that is a good spot to meet up) to do some checking out, but will probably not have the time. I'll see what I can do.

I'll be up for wherever anyone wants, so long as we can sit around afterwards. It definitely be interesting to talk with fans such as Eamon and hear more "Fulhamish" stories.

COYW!!

11. RDG

RDG Member

After some research, I have found two bars in Manhattan that are actually showing the match (other than Nevada Smith's) and will not be showing the rugby. They are:
    - The Irish Pub at 839 Seventh Ave (bet. 53rd & 54th Sts.) and
    - George Keeley's at 485 Amsterdam (84th St.) [the website -- http://www.georgekeeley.com -- has them showing the match, but I hope that the guy who comes to open does so in time for KO]

I haven't the foggiest about either of these, but may check out the first tonight on the way home.

Any thoughts?

12. americanmike

Sounds good to me man...I"ll take a read about them and pick one by tomorrow...I can't believe the research you put in, I'm right impressed...

Oh, and thanks for the 'egg-chasers' lesson. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

13. RDG

RDG Member

The Irish Pub was pretty good, though crowded with people getting a jump on tomorow. For me, at least, it's conveniently near several subway lines. George Keeley's, though, has a hand pump -- yum!

I still can't believe that the list of Manhattan bars/pubs is this short, especially after calling about 25 places!

14. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Hey guys,
    The egg-chasers lost to Frnace last week so I am back on Fulham duty. What's the venue then?

15. americanmike

George Keely's...Home of the NY Canaries?!???????????

Anywho, The Irish Pub for me is more convenient but I can't find much about them...

I say George Keely's, if someone else agrees than Keely's it is! Glad to see Glen won't be 'chasin' eggs'.

16. RDG

RDG Member

The Irish Pub is the "sister" pub of the Old Castle, around the corner on 54th.

Give Keeley's a call to make sure that they will be open by then! After several calls, I still could not get a definite answer ("probably") to whether the guy who opens the place will be there by 10. I know that IP will be showing the 7:30 match, so they will be open. Both should be having a $10 cover charge.

Anyway, at either place, I'll try to get there early. I'll be the one with no hair.

Happy St. Baldrick's Day, everyone! (see: www.stbaldricks.org )

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

They charge you guys to watch an EPL match at those places? That is crazy. Here in Chicago, no one charges except for Setanta matches like World Cup Qualifiers and such.

18. americanmike

We only get charged for PPV matches...usually $10 a head!

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I feel for you guys. That sucks if you ask me!!

20. americanmike

It sucks but oh well, atleast we can see the matches, I should be enjoying a few beers this match, not driving this time...Randy, I'll call the pub this afternoon.