Fulham vs Liverpool - New York

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by mattk49, Apr 27, 2007.

1. mattk49

mattk49 New Member

Where are the Fulham fans watching the big game in NYC?

I am a season ticket holder over for a wedding and want to watch the game with local supporters.

Best,

M

Matthew Kay

2. RDG

RDG Member

Normally, I can't think that far ahead (even two days in advance is quite a lot for me!).

However, I'll hoist McCormack's up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes. Believe me, it's not my favorite place, but it happens to be close to sfm and NJGlen's auntie, so it's convenient for some. Where are you coming from? Since we've met up all over the place, choose some area best for you. Without "Fearless Leader" (Mike) around to guide us, the NYC contingent seems to have gone our individual ways.

Hope to meet you soon!

COYW!

3. mattk49

mattk49 New Member

Am coming in from London - what's the address of the bar?

I will be there from 0930

M

4. metsfan15

metsfan15 New Member

Can it be true? There will be another Fulham fan in New York on Saturday? I will be at Nevada Smith's on Saturday to watch the game against Liverpool. 74 Third Avenue, Between 11th and 12th Streets.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm unfortunately going to be out of the city for a friend's Cinco de Mayo/Kentucky Derby/30th Birthday Party, or I'd be down to meet up and watch. If the 'Boro match is going to be televised in the States, though, I'd like to nominate the Red Lion, 151 Bleecker between Thompson and LaGuardia.

6. RDG

RDG Member

Fulham v. Liverpool -- New York Meet-Uo

"What good is sitting
    Alone in your room?"

As this could be the last Fulham EPL match televised, I highly recommend seeing it with people. Therefore, I nominate McCormack's as the place to go, and shall be there, until I am outvoted. www.mccormacks.net It is located at 365 Third Ave., near E. 26th St. in Manhattan. They have food, tequila (Cinco de Mayo) and bourbon (Kentucky Derby). They will be showing three EPL matches at the same time, like Nevada's, but we have been reminded to stay away from that place with nasty bartender (the guy who hates Mike).

I do look forward to seeing/meeting up with anyone who can make it.

Let's hope this doesn't turn out to be a wake.

COYW!!!!

7. RDG

RDG Member

RE: Fulham v. Liverpool -- New York Meet-Uo

There should be more than the "quorum" of two people at McC's tomorrow.

This is one match that I do not want to miss. It's the sort that, if it weren't on TV over here, I'd find SOME way of listening to GJ or somesuch to get the feel of the match. This is what supporting a team like Fulham is all about. It's a roller-coaster ride, and you just hope that you don't get ill after it's all done.

COYW!!!

8. sublicon

sublicon New Member

RE: Fulham v. Liverpool -- New York Meet-Uo

For future reference, Nevada Smith's is the place. I'm sure there are other good places in the city, but I'm there for every single match that's televised along with a couple other regulars that show up, including my good friend Jon, who used to be a season ticket holder last year.

Not sure if there has been some run ins with their bartenders for whatever reason, they have a jerk pseudo-bouncer, but all the bartenders are great. I actually got my beers on the house when Man U beat us the second time last season.

The guys are sweethearts when you get down to it. Just gotta rub them the right way, I guess. It'd be great if more people would show up though, I've been there solo for some really brutal games. Man U's second win over us, Arsenal's second game which they won . . among others.

Where are all my New Yorkers at?