Fulham vs Chelsea at the dog track

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Nov 28, 2018.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Was very much looking forward to this one after we won promotion, but our campaign to date means it’s kind of lost it’s appeal. Still, they’ve got a Thursday night date with PAOK in London. The bad news is they’ve pretty much wrapped up the group and can play 10 youngsters and a stick figure and not worry. But our match is the early Sunday fixture. So, can we nick a result? Why not? Much of the scum trolls are not happy with the defending at Spuds, especially David Luiz and Alonso. If we can get an early lead and improve our defending, it could happen. If we can keep getting the ball to the still hot Mitro, you never know.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I figger to drop all three at the DT, but that's been our history. Only a poor decision at the penalty spot by Deuce cost us a win there ... but what the hay. We have upcoming home matches against eminantly beatable opponents; I never expected us to get points off Liverpool, Citeh, or The Undead. So, I'm looking forward to the match.

SoCalJoe and BarryWhite like this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Will attempt the 4 am Sunday wake up (and will be in the chat if successful), with the full knowledge that success in the match will probably not be measured in points. Really hope the lads give our “traveling” supporters a solid performance.

4. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Well, with everyone else, not expecting it, but boy oh boy how nice it would be.

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I’ll focus on something positive with this one. What former player has scored the most goals for Fulham v Chelsea in the Prem?

6. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

Now THAT's the sign of a truly dedicated Fulham fan. Me, I guess I'm not as dedicated because I'm just going to record it.

COYW!

7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

There was a lot of talk this week about Schurrle returning to Chelsea, but then he's no where to be seen in the line up. Did I miss something? Otherwise the same as last week.

Rico
    Christie, Odoi, Mawson, LeMarchand
    Seri, Chambers
    Johansen, Cairney, Sessegnon
    Mitrovic

Subs: Bettinelli, Ream, Bryan, Kebano, Cisse, Kamara, Ayite

EDIT: From Fulham's Twitter feed:

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

@sacffc The key word was 'attempt' :D Managed to crawl out of bed at the 35 minute mark.

nevzter, jumpkutz and sacffc like this.
  9. jumpkutz

That’s pretty darn good Joe. I watched most of the first half and the start of the second before trundling off to church. Seri’s dawdling that led to the early first goal hurt a lot. You know they’re going to dominate possession anyway, that just makes it easier.
    They didn’t play all that well, and we could have played better, which we did in the second half. Courtois covered a multitude of sins for them defensively. Now that he’s moved on to Real, those sins are not being absolved. But we’re still not able to keep possession in this league like we did last season in the Championship, and we’re giving it away far too cheaply when we do get it. Interesting halftime changes by Ranieri.
    If we can sort some more things out, the March rematch should be interesting. Chambers is proving himself in midfield. He’s my MOTM.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Nice bit of niceness from the Dog Track [not the source of much nice]

Their manager on yesterday's Fulham performance:

"Ranieri can have a very great impact at Fulham, in two or three weeks they will defend very well and in a month, playing against them will be a problem for any team."

11. jumpkutz

Let’s hope it’s sooner than that!
    (But he’s probably right).