Fulham vs Blackpool

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Nov 2, 2014.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

The Tangerine Dream has become the Tangerine Nightmare. Two weeks before the season, they had 8 players, none of them keepers, and had to cancel their preseason schedule. So when somebody says things could be worse, they really could be. They've shored up the roster, but are easily the worst team in the league. They just hired (this past Wednesday, in fact) the recently sacked Birmingham City boss Lee Clark. The danger here is taking them too lightly. Somehow I don't see Kit letting that happen. It was always a possibility when we were in the PL, but now, I just don't see that trend repeating itself. It's a new day at Motspur Park and Craven Cottage, and we're way overdue for inflicting a butt whoopin' on somebody. I say why not now, why not them at home. 5-0 good guys.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hit the nail on the head Jump on the one concern is taking them too lightly. Really enjoyed watching the Tangerine when they had their miracle run to the Prem and then played all-out attack with the big boys.

Biggest week of the season. 2 home games against 2 teams Fulham should handle. First thing's first and time to take care of business midweek.

3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I don't believe in must win matches .... usually. However, losing to Blackpool at home shortly after Kit's permanent appointment could be a bit demoralizing. This is three points the White's really must take in a form or fashion but I would prefer a little dominance on home turf be on display.

4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

We're tied with Birmingham for the most goals allowed. Though two of the three matches that we've allowed 3 goals ended in draws. Against a Blackpool team that has only scored 8 goals in 15 matches, we should improve on that number. I'm not sure about 5-0, but there's no reason why we can't keep a clean sheet and improve our goal differential by 3 or more... but I'll just stick with 3-0.

encorespanish likes this.
  5. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Got all excited this morning thinking it was match day. I guess I can wait until tomorrow. Though tomorrow I have afternoon meetings and will probably only be able to listen in on the first half. Hopefully we're up three by meeting time.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be listening to GJ. I would have thought that with only 2 matches on Wednesday afternoon that beIN Sports might carry the match. ConnectTV has nothing until 6 but could they get Fulham at 2? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I want 3 points today, I'll be disappointed with anything less.

encorespanish likes this.
  8. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

I'm just going to tweak your statement slightly Heather...I EXPECT 3 points today. That is all.

Isn't it a great feeling to have positive expectations again?

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hard to find a silver lining in a 2-2 draw with the worst team in the league. They did fight back from 0-2, but no excuse (as Heather said in the chat) to be down to Blackpool in the first place. Saturday is right around the corner and 3 points is simply a must against Huddersfield.

10. tim

tim Active Member

If there's one thing I've learned in my years following Fulham, it's to never predict anything good will happen.

encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  11. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

This is the first real hiccup under Kit. I'm anxious to see how we bounce back, because teams all around us are sacking managers, making changes and trying to scramble for players to improve their position in the Championship, many after Kit was put in charge. As it is, this is a missed opportunity. A really big one. I think the next few matches will tell the tale on the rest of the season because, no matter how far south things go, I don't see us making another managerial change this season.

12. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

This was a very disappointing result. It sounded like Fulham were well on the way to being the team on the end of a good old whomping before being handed a lifeline back into the match through the red card. A point is not horrible but I am on board with Jump in wanting to see how the team responds come Saturday.

13. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I got a chance to listen to GJ at about 30 minutes in and my immediate reaction at seeing the score was "WTF?!?!"

In a way, it is a sign of how far we've come in the past couple weeks that we are incredibly disappointed with a draw. However, if we lose the next match against Huddersfield I say we restore "Interim" to Kit's title since the team may play better with an interim manager.

14. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Highlights, if you can take it!

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Too true.

That said, COYW!!!