Fulham vs Birmingham City - First match of 2005-2006

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, Aug 8, 2005.

1. liljimmyt

liljimmyt New Member

Ok, I think the question after the game for us Yanks is where is Boca off to. Rehman on the field and Leacock on the Bench infront of both he and Goma was interesting. Anyone have more insight on this...

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well Boca was "hurt" and was not available for selection. That was known yesterday.

As for the match itself, I think we played very respectable. Collins John had a few chances in the second half he should have capitalized on, but it was not to be.

Warner, the new keeper had a few nice saves and looked very comfortable in goal. That was refreshing to see. Not sure what happened to Radzinski aas he came off at halftime, but I hope it was nothing serious. I thought he was effective when he was in there.

Overall, I am very pleased with the way the team played. They played in a 4-4-2, they played out and out attacking football, and went hard for a win. It was a good start to the season for sure. A win would have been nice, but a point will do.

We have to work on our finishing ahead of next week's match with Blackburn!!

3. sfm

sfm Member

Far better fitness and attacking flare than we watched in Columbus. Props to Volz--his best match in recent memory --despite the near OG and N. Jensen looked clever again at left-back. I still worry about Zat and Zesh together: One or the other but not both at once! Hope Goma returns against Rovers.

I rated C. Jensen in mid-field and had the Wardrobe been fit, we may have fared better on set pieces. On the whole, our midfield was quality. Nice interplay late on with Elrich, I would like to see more. Warner not really tested but a clean sheet is a clean sheet.

Decent start and something to build on for Blackburnrovers away which should be harder and more spirited.

4. Bee

Bee New Member

Warner: Way better than expected
    N Jensen: HELL YEAH
    Z Rehman: Played well for a 3-4 choice CB
    Z Knight: Abysmal
    M Volz: Quality
    Malbranque: Quality, if it werent for the rain I think he'd have at least 1
    Leggy: Good by Leggy's standards
    C Jensen: Wow, still impressive
    LBM: Average... but still with chances
    Radzinski: AWESOME
    McBride: Somewhat absent, but played his part
    John: Eh, shaky
    Elrich: From the few minutes he was on, he played well

Overall I'm very impressed. I think that was as dominating as you can get in a 0-0 game. My optimism is certainly rising, Brum should have lost that game 3-0.

5. nowayjeff

nowayjeff New Member

I agree with Bee, Except for Rehman. He looked a bit shaky back there today. He almost own goaled us. He could be a bit more careful. But I think that we were unlucky not getting all three points.And that McBride goal that was taken away was disappointing. I came up off the couch after that goal. But had to sit back down....But after the replay it was the right call. Boa I thought looked strong on the ball. It was rainy out there. So it slowed up everyone. But I was proud of them today..I think the Everton match will be a different match all together. Everton scare me for some reason. BTW. My fantasy team did fairly well so far... With more points expected tommorow. I accidentally left Bouba on the pitch..

6. Bee

Bee New Member

That was wunderkind Volz wasn't it?