FULHAM Vs. Arsenal [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Beautiful, it is great being a Fulham supporter. Whats great about this win is they played the game the right way. Great football. I'm so glad I got to watch this match. They did almost everything right.

I hold this game up as proof that Luis Boa Morte must remain at Fulham! Did anyone see him on Sky News after the game. He was completely incapable of holding in the joy at beating his old club. Said he'd waited 7 years for this result.

The whole team was superb even Knight. Radz, McBride, Boa, Jensen all deserve particular praise. Man Claus was awesome and Volzz gave absolutely everything as usual. In the top ten four points off 3rd place! Game of the season! COYW's!

2. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Tonight

As a Fulham fan who can remember the last time we beat the gunners tonight is one of those reasons you stay being a Fulham fan, because if you are a Man U or chelsea supporter yes you like to beat Arsenal but you have done it time and time again, but for a Fulham fan like myself of too many years tonight is priceless, my wife is also so very happy because as i told her this win will last for a few months. Boa said in an interview he as waited 7 years, well sir i have waited 40 years, before Enlgand won the World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not one of the players or even CC was alive when we last beat them, and not only was it a great win it was the best this team as played in a great while, nobody could deny Fulham their win tonight not even the anti Fulham media back in the UK. Then you ask yourself why cannot this team play like this every game, good question, but that took a lot out of those players tonight and to be fair i think Arsenal contributed to the game in a big way, they play a flowing kind of game which made it a very open game, it had an ebb and flow to it, that to be honest most of the games Fulham have played this year did not have. But for all you new Fulham fans get use to this, Fulham will lose at home to Wigan and Reading but beat Arsenal, and if only we had picked up one win and a draw from those two games, we would be tied for third!!!!!!!!!,but quite honestly if we at to lose some of those games then this is by far the best combination, I am going to savour this one for sometime, great night on the Thames i just wished I could have been there.

3. RDG

RDG Member

Gee, I wonder why there are so many people on the board tonight?

Great effort tonight, though I think I bit off my fingers down to the knuckles. I was fortunate enough not only to see it at the first showing on FSC (perk of being at the same job for a zillion years -- occasionally I can get out early), but also to have taped it (as insurance if I hadn't gotten out early). Papa was the weakest link, and he played better than he has this entire season. This, hopefully, will get rid of seeing Roberto Pires rushing down the left flank and putting the ball in the back of the net in added time (from a few years ago at Highbury). I still have nightmares about that match.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Okay, I feel like I'm spoiling the mood with this post, but it might be neccessary.

I know people get excited and like to express their emotions and their individuality in posting, but please resist changing a game thread title which includes a [R].

If you do change the thread title, please leave a [R] for Result in the title. It's just a small courtesy for fellow posters on the board who might not have seen the game, yet.

Sorry, for being spoilsport on this great day for Fulham. Martinis on me!!! :banana:

COYWs!!!!

5. Jacob

Jacob New Member

After a terrible Stat test, this was the best news I could have got all night. It made it all that much better that my Arsenal supporting roommate told me the good news. :D

Looks like I will be up late watching it on a FSC rerun.

6. psand22

psand22 Member

I knew we would be ready for this game. We were due, and the boys really took it to them. The Gunners came into the game thinking they had an easy 3 points in their pockets...and rested Fabregas. Let's enjoy this long awaited victory tonight and get ready for the trip to Blackburn.
    No man of the match today....great team effort....and yes, I will have another pint.

7. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

All of you has said so much that I can't add much other than:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! FULHAM BEAT ARSENAL CLEAN!

Carry On You Whites! Take it to team Arte et Labore!

8. fulham_local_21

fulham_local_21 New Member

WHAT A WIN!!, WE ARE FULHAM ! SUPER FULHAM!.

players tht played really well are Radz, Volz, Diop, the whole team played great but......Boa, Jensen and Mcbride Played BRILLIANT!!!

COYW!!!!!

9. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

just back in from the arsenal game! Christ i love making an almost 22hr round trip to see my team beat the hell outta arsenal!! hehe, the atmosphere was awesome!

10. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I just love the two nutmegs we pulled off against the Gunners. The passing as mentioned was brilliant. We really pushed up and dominated the first half. Should have been 3-1 but the cross bar is always a mean old soul.

Congratulations to Brian McBride on his 100th and his 4th.

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

fulhamish

8)

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

or ESPN!

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

We......are.....FULHAM!

And we are...The best "team" in the Premiership. At least last night.

14. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow, what a match! That was so good that I'm going to have to watch it again sober! :D

I can't claim to have seen ever match this season, but I've seen all that have been on TV in the US as well as a couple while I was abroad earlier in the season, and drawing on what I've seen thus far, that was the best match of the season for, like, at least four or five guys on the pitch.

Barring further injury, CC HAS to come out with the same lineup in the next match, right?

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Knowing CC's history you can take it to the bank that he will come out with the same lineup not just Saturday, but next week and the week after that too.

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

so my co-worker is a total Arsenal fan and it was nice to come in and talk some serious $h!*. Hat's off to Boa and Bouba for finally playing the way they are capable....here's to a lot more performances like that from those two. Also, B-Mac...Radz, and Christanval who I thought were terrific. As good a job that Pearce has done for us, I like Christanval better. Keep him in Cookie and keep on rolling YOU WHITES!!!!!!

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Christanval is a good player and would surely play more often, BUT he is about as injury prone as Claus Jensen, which as we all know, if quite often.

If Philippe can stay healthy he will get his chances, but I would not put money on him lasting into January without an injury. A hamstring, a calf strain or some nagging injury seems to always keep him out of action for a month or two.

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

what language? sounds like someone playing a record backwards.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Are you referring to Cornershop? Just kidding!