Fulham v Wolves 4/17

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Buffalo, Home of the Wing and City of Raw Deals
  2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

as Don has a heart atack.

Doyle is a point of concern for Wolves -- I think he is a pretty good striker.

Is BZ playing? Physioroom.com lists him as fit. I was too lazy to read the jackassery column (love that word).

3. jmh

jmh New Member

Yeah, Scott Ian is the one who looks like Hahnemann, though Ian's chin beard is obviously a lot longer than Hahnemann's.

Team news from Roy is that only AJ and Demps are out. AJ done for the year (obviously), Demps hopefully back next Thursday. Paintsil is fully fit, which rules.

Schwarzer
    Paintsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky
    Duff, Murphy, Etuhu, Davies
    Gera
    Zamora

(I guess, anyway)

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you guys crack me down

what a bunch of seriously cool lunatics you are

COYW!

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

We have nothing to play for, we are safe from relegation and too far off Europe - I hope this allows us to play with gay abandon. I think we could see a fluid high tempo performance with players wanting to make sure they start agains Hamburg. 4-0 Fulham. COYW

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Welcome back Johnny Pants!

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

It was on the tip of my tongue all week but Hahnneman also looks like everyone's favorite:

[​IMG]

Howie Mandel!

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Mid game, and I had to leave.

Oh, and Hahnenmann craps bigger than Howie Mandel, Howie would get crushed like a jellybean.

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Really, Roy? At home to Wolves and two strikers are left on the bench?

Ho hum....

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

From BBC
    ... Now I'm not exactly sorry I got called away from kibitzing in the chat. Yeah I forgot to close my chat connection that's why I didnt answer.

I got in just as stevem19 was leaving, several others came and went while I was gone.
    - also amazing that I was live whole time/game though I was absent. Never kicked out as often happens.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Crap -- sounded like we played well, and no subs made. 50 pts might not happen now.

Credit to Wolves -- they are an ugly team, they played an ugly game, and they earned an ugly away point. They don't give extra credit for being good looking.

12. sullytex

sullytex Member

I caught the game exilled in Brussels and not because of the ash. I actually left britian on the last seat on the morning Brussels euro star Saturday. Long story for another thread.

What i saw made me wish I did more tourism than sit through this one. Pretty ugly if you ask me and had nil nil draw written all over it pretty early. I am pretty ambivalent tho. This is not the game where I want the result. On the plus side I was able to smoke a cigar indoors and sample a couple of 10plus strength great Belgian brews. Jesus those beers are dangerous but oh soo good!

Now let's see how nice British immigration officers are come tomorrow morning.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

watched the first half about midnight last night and just finished watching the second half.

I didn't think it was particularly ugly. Berra and Craddock tied Bobby Z up very nicely. Duff had an almost open look but hesitated -- very un-Duff -- Zamora rattled the post with a lightning bolt from his RIGHT foot. Here's a question: when so many goals are scored that touch woodwork on the way in, why isn't a bar-rattler considered a shot on goal?

Murph will be angry with himself. He had two very good opportunites to cause some havoc in the penalty area, and muffed them both. Sampson had a good game and Hughes was immense. Both teams attacked, but neither goalkeeper was two stressed. End to end action with two very good defenses.

Special praise for Gera, Etuhu, and Baird. Sampson had a very useful 90 minutes. I won't slag him off for not scoring on that corner; Hangeland has missed too many sitters in that situation for me to think other people shoud get it done.

Fair result, and we moved up two places in the standings. Can't be bad.

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

BTW, Hangeland didn't dress because his wife went into labor late Friday night. Congratulations Brede!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

woo hoo! A new centre half on the way.

16. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Only saw the second half and have to agree w/Don that it wasn't dreadful viewing. The passing in close quarters was tidy. It seemed that as soon as the ball was worked into the final third there were 7/8 orange shirts. Wolves did attack when given the opportunity. Around the 75th minute, they sensed that valuable point and I can't blame them for closing up shop. Tenth place is the realistic goal now and Stoke and Blackburn losing helped out in that regard.

** The real talking point is ZERO subs :? Haven't seen his postmatch comments yet, but it had to be by design. Getting his starters ready to go the full 90 and perhaps beyond in the second leg (can you say 120 minutes??) v Hamburg.

17. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

With the Europa run, these league games just don't seem to spark the same excitement for me. It would appear they're having the same effect on the team. That was a lackluster effort.

In the first half, we couldn't deliver a decent ball to Bob and in the second, everytime we did, no one was in position to get on the end of the layoff. Credit to Craddock and Berra for their D, but part of their success was due to Fulhams' poor delivery. That said, that's the best I've seen anyone defend Zamora in quite a while.

Smalling scares the crap out of me with the ball at his feet, but otherwise, he did well given his age and experience. Duff looked like he was back at Newcastle. Etuhu actually played some nice balls forward (happy, Don?). And I was impressed with Jarvis of Wolves. He and Doyle put a lot of pressure on our back 4 and forced a number of giveaways.

I was also surprised by our absense of subs. Especially when Bob was sitting on a yellow. I was hoping to see JP get on the pitch, but 0-0 isn't a good time to bring on an out of form defender.

Take the point, but under different circumstances, we should take 3 from that team more often than not.

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Also, I counted no more than 3 people in the chat room at any time :(

Only a few more were in the FoF chatroom too.

Come on people, we have Everton in the league next! Let's bang some goals past the mighty Timmy Howard. Oh wait, we have Hamburg in the semis? Come on people, we ain't playing the games -- we can have some divided attention here.

19. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Interesting position we have ended up in after this match. At least according to our website....10rd.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

:lol: