Fulham v Town Full of Seamen

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Jan 27, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Well, Tony Adams has led Pompey to a worse skid than ours, and he has to come into our barn this weekend to make something happen. Personally, with his exodus of strikers and quality, I don't think he can. After the award winning performance of today, I think it's time to move on to what we can accomplish next week.

Someone pointed out earlier this month that if we have 30 points at the end of January it's time to start looking up rather than down. If we win we'll be at 29, and I think the same sentiment still stands. Hopefully Woy will have replaced JB with this Delph kid, or someone else with some quality, because something is awry right now and he doesn't need fans pointing it out to him.

My lineup guess:
    ----------------The Big Aussie
    ---Pantsil (I guess) -- Hughes -- Hangman -- PK
    --Davies -- Murphy -- Andreasen -- Clint
    ------------------F5 -- Zamora

I don't need to see Gera or Etuhu, unless Woy has a magic wand in his tracksuit.

What happened to Gera? He played the Bully role for Albion last year. He was a sizable loss to their team. I can't believe that he totally forgot how to play this game. Is something going on?

2. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Gera is either suffering from low self esteem, is not a prem quality player or he is rubbish. Not sure which one.

2-0 Fulham

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Re: RE: Fulham v Town Full of Seamen

Your right on all three counts along with Etuhu, I hope we get rid of both and soon any amount of $ will be too much but let's hope some manager is stupid enough to see something we dont?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We need to build up our goal difference, which has dropped from its +4 to a +1.

At Christmastime, I looked at our January and thought that it would be the time we'd separate ourselves from the scrum and place our butts comfortably in the top half. I thought we would land either 8, 9, or 10 points from Blackburn and Pompey at home and Wet Spam and Sunderland away. Now I'm looking to slink away with just THREE.

Poor Tony Adams has had the rug pulled out from under him. Pompey had reached their highest possible rung [which is why Harry left] and were starting to slip. Then Harry goes, and then they lose three critical players to transfers.

Poor Tony Adams my ass! Fulham 3 Pompey 0

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Well, I mean, the fact that the Blackburn match got postponed isn't really a reflection of poor performance, is it? It's still certainly possible to get 6 of the 8-10 points you hoped for.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

agreed, but the postponement means that I won't be feeling as comfortable on February 1 as I might have been.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

check my blog for the latest podcast!

8. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Timmy, enjoyed the podcast. Thanks.

Hey bud, were you doing some dishes while interviewing Hatter? :wink:

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

no, but i was snacking a bit and moved a plate... :oops:

10. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I don't see it listed to the left, but it looks like Saturday's game will be tape delayed on Fox Soccer Channel at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I'll have to catch the TV some time next Thursday, I guess. Damn! I got a gig Saturday night.

So, I'll be in the chatroom, listening to GJ around 0900 CST. We get three points; AJ gets 2 goals.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY MIGHTY WHITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Based on recent events...nil-nil. Think that'll be my prediction until we prove we can score. Granted this is at home, but still, we've looked anything but threatening.

13. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

I think this is what you could call a six pointer,a bit of a must win for us,got to stop the rot now before we get into trouble!
    I'm going for a 2-0 to us :banana: ,I'll be there screaming the boys on(if I get my voice back- bit of a nasty cold)

Come on you Whites!

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

today's lineups:

TEAMS Fulham v Portsmouth
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky, Dempsey, Etuhu, Murphy, Davies, Zamora, Johnson. Subs: Zuberbuhler, Teymourian, Nevland, Gera, Gray, Stoor, Kallio.
    Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Kaboul, Distin, Hreidarsson, Pennant, Davis, Mullins, Armand Traore, Kanu, Crouch. Subs: Begovic, Lauren, Nugent, Pamarot, Utaka, Mvuemba, Little.

No Sol Campbell, no Belhadj, Kanu and Crouch up front. As for us No change after our brilliant attacking display at Sunderland. Andranik makes the bench along with Gray.

See yez in the chatsroom!

15. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I would like to start the official F-USA Campaign for Starting Nevland NOW.

16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Where should I send my campaign contribution (and is it tax-deductable)?

17. sullytex

sullytex Member

Gents,

Just got back from the game not too long ago via foot, tube, train, and cab. Its basically an 8 our commitment if I want to spend any time in the pub before hand (especially if I want to partake in a stogie!)

I met Mike for the first time at the Cottage Pub. Fellas, Mike is a class A guy. I had done a bit of Due Dilligence and viewed a few photos from the site, so I kinda figured out who he was. Long story short, within 5 minutes of meeting him he invited me to the table with his regulars, had a great conversation about football, what brought us to England, and a few other interesting topics. Corky was there as well. I felt very welcomed and sincerely appreciate the gesture. I hope to meet up with him again in the future. Mike, if you are ever out Henley way, for the royal regatta or the Henley festival, let me know, mi casa es su casa.

Not sure when the game is televised in the states so I won't comment. I hope to upload some pics from the game. Can't beat the Cottage. Not sold out as I was able to move and have free seats to my left and right in the Haynes stands. I was about 10 rows up....damn Crouch is tall an AJ is a midget!

Post on the game later. Tired and have baby duty tonight. Again, Mike thanks for the hospitality.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Glad you had a great day out, pard. I'm looking forward to meeting Mikey meself one day.

Great day in the chatroom also, for those who made it.

19. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Great and much needed result.
    I love what a clinical finisher Nevland is. My money is on him every time in the situation of his first goal!
    COYW!!!

20. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Random thoughts after watching this afternoon.

-- Zamora looked bad, while Johnson played decent. He seemed to be all over the place early in the game.

-- Davies had some nice passes today. That whole strung of passes leading to the first goal were nice.

-- I have been on the Nevland bandwagon before, but nice performance by him today. I don’t think he could be a full 90-type of guy, but he is a nice spark plug off the bench. Always has lots of energy and his goals per 90 minutes has to be one of the better ones on the squad since he joined last January.

-- Much more creatively on offense today.

-- I was sort of half watching/half working today, but I don’t think I heard Etuhu’s name mentioned once until he had to come off to get the toilet paper in the nose.

-- Allowing the last goal sucked, but still nice to slowly bump that goal differential back up a couple.

-- We lucked out on that no call on Paintsil in the box.