Fulham v Tottenham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Jensers, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

This is shaping up to be a fine match. I was worried this was going to be a snooze fest, but both teams are in good form and it appears that these two clubs may be duking it out for the rest of the season.

Can Fulham stop Lennon? Can Hughes handle Defoe? Will The Spurs center mid be able to keep Murphy from controlling the flow of the match?

I have high hopes of this being a classic.

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

The earlier start time after the holiday is going to be the real grinch, but with coffee in hand I know this will be a great one!

2-0 Fulham Dempsey/Zamora

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's going to be LIVE on FSC, so we got that going for us which is good. Since the kickoff is at 0700 central, however, I WON'T be doing this one down at the pub with Matt. Both teams have a lot of confidence -- and rightly so -- and will play open, flowing football and there'll be a goal or two on display.
    If I were a Spurs' supporter, I'd be very very nervous about this one. There is nothing so devastating as a confident striker in the best form of his career. Bobby Z has something to prove against The Spuds. Our edge, however, is between the sticks. I think we win this by a 2-1 or 3-2 or even 4-3.

COYW

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

BIG, BIG, BIG MATCH!

If we weren't playing at The Cottage, I would not feel as good about that. But as HD said, look for some confident, attacking play, that will most likely open up the field to some exciting counter-attacks as well. I'd give Tottenham the advantage in attacking, and US the advantage in defending.

First team to blink, loses. And I beleive Roy does a much better job in a stare-down than Mr. Blinky himself, Harry the Red-knapkin.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

This match is probably even bigger than the Basel match. A win can push us into a race for top 5. A loss tells us we aren't there yet.

I think we are there. I think we should be feared by every team in the league. Tottenham will be leaving our house with nothing. I couldn't give a shit about their big name players. I couldn't give a shit that they have a more flashy manager that likes the attention more than the biggest Hollywood whore. Muthafuck Tottenham and we will send them back to north London with a 3-1 loss.

*ok that was over the top, but prediction stands.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

24, the day you don't go over the top, expect to be called out for it 8)

A bunch of chances for both sides, end to end action, and a whole lot fun for the fans.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Funny stat for you I unearthed:

Roy Hodgson has lost to Harry Redknapp only once in the league: wayy back in April 1998 when Woy was with Blackburn and 'Arry at Spam.

By my count his record is 6 played, 4 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw. 10 goals scored, 3 against.

Granted, that includes very different teams over the course of a decade.

But I like our chances.

8. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

timmy, i love seeing someone that likes the stats. for that reason alone, this is a 3-1 game for the good guys.

9. Jensers

Jensers New Member

That is all I am hoping for - an entertaining match. I see that happening, and personally... I see Lennon as being the #1 factor here.

Roy likes to allow his outside mids to drift into the middle and that is going to be interesting because that could spring Lennon. If he is 1v1 with Konchesky that is going to be a problem. Lennon has played a significant part in the majority of Spurs goals as of late.

That being said - Wolves were able to stop Spurs by stopping Lennon. He was only given a handful of chances late in the match where he was not double teamed or smothered instantly. By that time he was tired and his pace and touch had gone to a certain degree. Thru it all, Tottenham showed a lack of ability to quickly change the point of attack.

I am sure Roy is on it.

The other consideration is Palacios. He as been giving the ball up quite a bit recently - he wins the ball or plays very physical, but then follows that up with a stray pass. If Murphy can pick up on one of these balls it could spell doom for the back 4.

10. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Should be fun. Gonna get up and catch this one at the bar and then its off to Beloit, Kansas for Christmas with my girlfriends family. I'm going to need a Fulham win to be able to endure that.

11. RobG4

RobG4 New Member

As far as I'm concerned, Christmas this year has been pushed back a day to the morning of the 26th. I just hope we all get presents rather than lumps of coal!

And what about Birmingham v Chelsea at 7:45am on ESPN2HD? Who are we to pull for in that match? My heart says BEAT CHELSKI but I see Birmingham parked there ahead of us on the table and would almost rather see them drop points.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

The Brummies will drop plenty of points between now and season's end. They're just on a run right now. So stick that blue (chelscum, that is) flag up....

This one is tough. I don't recall us fairing to well with Spurs lately. Defoe will be a problem for us. At White Hart, I'd expect a letdown but at home, I'll go with a 2-1 win.

13. Aztattooedsean77

Aztattooedsean77 New Member

My heart says a victory but I somewhat see a 1-1 or 2-2 draw coming out of this one. I hope my heart's 2-1 prediction is right though. :banana:

As for the Chelski match, I NEVER root for them to win!

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

'I see Dead Chickens'

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Will be watching this one -- woo-hoo! No predictions, just a hope for the best, and a big COYW!!

16. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I see all that is before both teams before this match and I can't help but think a tie is in the cards here.

I hope Fulham gets the win, but I'll take any points over big teams and Tottenham.

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

The clean sheet against United gives me hope that the Whites' back four can also get it done against Spurs as well. I agree it's gonna be a cracker tomorrow. I'm leaning towards a Fulham victory because Spurs have Gomes in net, while we have MARK "FU&@#NG" SCHWARZER!!!!

I may need a bloody mary to accompany the bloodshot eye kickoff of 5 am though...

18. BarryP

BarryP New Member

COYW's and grab three points for Christmas!

19. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I managed to wake up for the 2nd half after turning off the alarm. Having missed the first half, i can't speak to the entire game, but from the 2nd, I thought the Whites deserved the 3 points. I thought Demps and Zamora had great opportunities on goal, though Duff might have had the best one. Satisfied with the point and hope there's something left in the tank for Monday against the Scum! COYW

20. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

We shouldve won the game. We really created some great chances that need to be buried if we are to continue our climb up the table. I'm disappointed with the result and hopefully we get 3 at the bridge.