Fulham v Spam

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Oct 2, 2009.

1. articbob

articbob Member

I'm glad we got a point, and it was a great effort from 10 men.

Now I won't rip on EJ, in fact I'm going to cut him some slack. And the fact that he was able turn nothing into a great attempt is commendable. I screamed, yelled and cussed for about 5 min after that miss. But after a few hours and a talk with an Arsenal fan, I'm trying to be optimistic about EJ as Arsenal is optimistic about Nicklas Bendtner. And I've watched more close shitty misses from Bendtner than any other player in the PL. It's hard to be happy about this. But EJ needs more experience and the only way he is going to get better it is by playing in games like this. I hope he doesn't the fan hate too serious.

At the end of the day, He plays for Fulham and I want him to SUCCEED!!!

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Don where did I call Dempsey a jerk? Yes, I've been disappointed that he doesnt give to the National team what he gives to Fulham but I believe that is his perogative considering how grueling his schedule has been. He has said he doesnt like making the trips home for qualifiers so I would rather he stay in London and rest, especially when he doesnt give 100%. At this point in the qualifiers I would rather see a lesser player giving everything he has than Dempsey just going through the motions I'm actually hoping he, Roy, and the announcers made up this shoulder injury so he doesnt have to go to Honduras. What is the point anyway since the ref will be too afraid to pull a red card for a choke hold or some other blatant offense anyway.

Based on your comments concerning Brede, I could assume you think he is a jerk, but I dont. Nudge nudge.

Also, I noticed not only the marking on Cole, but also the fact that he jumped about 1" off the ground(2.54cm in Norwegian)

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Brede; No question his play hasn't been as solid as last year. It's obvious the contract situation is affecting him.

Hope to see this kind of endeavor v Hull as we have in the last 3 games (Arse, Basel, Spam) and a vital 3 points will be in the bag.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

If I was coherent on Sunday evening, I wanted to point out that Brede committed the foul for the free kick that led to WHam's 1st goal, and then got beat in the air on the ensuing free kick when the guy with the bad hair (or whoever it was, too lazy to look it up) scored the goal.

Tough, tough game for Brede.