Fulham v Norwich

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Apr 9, 2014.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Think the rub about the lack of quality from Felix stems from the fact the team, on a talent level, currently stinks. Say what you will about Ruiz and Berba and Taarabt's et al attitude vis-a-vis talent, but we're missing their abilities right about now.

I don't know if we'll ever see a solid 90 under Felix with the current squad, but to his credit he is very much trying to figure out how to make this sh*t sandwich of a squad into something edible. Players clearly have roles now, something that didn't exist beyond the prior "hey stand around and take low % pot shots". And the commentators mentioned that Felix evidently made 3-4 tactical changes/formations in the first half alone. I don't think Jol and Rene had 1 for their entire tenures.

It wasn't pretty, or even that coherent, but the numbers suggest it was an even affair. Despite it all, we had has many shots as Norwich did and only outpossed 55-45. Seriously, when's the last time we played as poor as Saturday and *weren't* subsequently outshot like 25-2?

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I didn't think we were crap against Villa HD, nor the two previous matches (Newcastle & Everton). We did however look real nervy most of Saturday, but Norwich did clear a Hugo header off the line themselves so it wasn't a Canary domination. Had to laugh about your Diarra comment because YankeeJIm said at the pub 'Diarra is moving like me and I'm 67. Then the ball comes in his area and he makes the play'. He reminded me of the Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow Sr. of the San Diego Chargers in that crazy playoff game w/the Dolphins years ago where he could barely walk, then boom the play goes and he made another catch and huge gain. Norwich targeted Diarra plenty and he answered the bell every time.

Make us a promise HD...if the club pulls off the escape that there will be a View commemorating the event.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

there'll be a post-mortem to the season regardless of how it ends. Promise