Fulham v Neverton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by IndyCottager, Aug 31, 2009.

1. LOBO

LOBO New Member

Bring me up? Just to let me down...

*Sigh*
    The prospect of having either Stockdale or Zuber in goal on Sunday is cause for concern.... :|

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Stockdale in goal didn't hurt Leicester City's promotion run last season. Of the two, I'd go for him in a heart beat.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I wanna see the Welshman this weekend!!! With AJ and Zamora on improved health, and Murphy back, FFC may score a goal...or two!

COYW!!

4. psand22

psand22 Member

The home team wins (almost every time) this game and that will be the case on Funday. I'm a bit concerned about Schwarzer being a doubt, but I bet he finds his way to the pitch. If not, Stockdale is ready...not Zuber.

With the rest of the usual starters ready to play, I thnk we've got enough to handle the "rested" Cahill and Everton at the Cottage. It might take a Murphy PK, but we'll take another (1-0) win.

5. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Sometimes I cant believ what I read on here...

"As far as the Everton match goes, I'd happily take a 4-2 loss. Why? Because that means we actually scored a couple of goals"

Wow so we lose 4-2 and someones HAPPY cos we score two goals, wake up you idiot, support the team and not happy cos we score two goals, you would get on great making that statement in front of real fans at the Cottage.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Martin, I had to go back and check the source of the above statement. Shock that it was our harbinger of doom and gloom FFC24 :shock: . Keep in mind that most of what he says is tongue in cheek and over the top. The kid is young and impulsive, but trust me he wouldn't be happy w/a 2-4 result.

7. Martin-in-Nashville

I heard and read two statements today that I had to laugh and cringe at?

1. someone on here is HAPPY with a LOSS (That hasnt actually happened yet)

and 2. the commentator (A Brit of all things, John someone?) in the Spurs match actually said after Spurs had taken a 1-0 lead after 40 seconds "This match is not over"

Is it me or is everyone CRAZY???

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Martin, everybody IS crazy. But, what the hell, go with the flow...

Lawro's pre-dick-shuns again pick a Fulham loss...of course, granted he believed AJ wasn't available:

"After a couple of early losses, and with the Joleon Lescott saga finally over, Everton seem to have come back a bit.

David Moyes signed a few players just before the deadline but has probably hardly seen them because of international duty.

I don't think Fulham's home form will be as good as last year, and the injury to Andy Johnson will be a big loss.

Verdict: 1-2"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8224328.stm

9. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

1-1, or 2-1.

Expect a scrappy match which should be quite entertaining, even if not high scoring.

10. Martin-in-Nashville

Half-time and losing 0-1 absolutley terrible first half, Ive said it before and I'll say it again, ETUHU Is a waste of space, cant tackle cant pass and cant play football.

11. Martin-in-Nashville

Great result, poor first half, got lucky with the first but a Great goal from DD. Thankfully Everton didnt show up for the second half and made Fulham look good.

MOM for me was Dempsey ran he's heart out and carried Etuhu as always.

can only get better from here....I hope

COYW's

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Can you believe the nerve of FUlham to do what they did in the 2nd half? The balls to do that!I couldn't believe what I was watching! WELL WHAT DID THEY DO!? They attacked the opposing goal!

Duff looked like shit for about 60 minutes and then picked it up. What Hodgson was doing putting him on the right and Dempsey on the left, I'll never know. He did come inside and score the goal, but it wasn't worth 60 minutes of crap and was risky. Ok it was worth it, but still risky.

Dempsey was almost back to his normal self. His final touch was off, but he showed that he could actually try and pick up the team.

I didn't see Etuhu do fuck all so I'll echo Martin's analysis. Greening needs to start.

Davies played the best ball of the match. If he can regain his form, we'll be fine.

Defense was shaky, but did the job. Stockdale was alright, but I think he could've done better on that goal line save.

Really not a bad 2nd half. More improvement is needed and I think we will improve.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What dashingly handsome elderly gentleman predicted 2-1 FFC?

jus' sayin'

14. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I'm not elderly, but dashingly handsome has been used a few times to decsribe moi.

Thank you.

15. sullytex

sullytex Member

Just got back from the game. Met up with a fellow FulhamUSAer and sat at the very top of the Hammersmith end (about 5 yards from the guy with the base drum, I will be singing Fulham songs for days now).

MUCH better than the Villa game. I guess I was asleep but I did not think the first half was all that horrible for Fulham. The overall effort of the team was noticeably higher. Murphy seemed a little rusty with some poor challenges. AJ did not get many ops same with Zamora. I thought Demps had a good game and looked like he should have scored (however I was 120+ yards away).

I thought Duff was a non event for 50-60 minutes, but looked sharper as the game closed and off course popped in a Golaso past Mr. Howard. We had a great view of that and PK's goal.

I was starting to inch towards the panic button and if we would have lost, my finger would have been twitching. Feeling much better now. Great 3 points.

16. Martin-in-Nashville

Give us a clue then?????

17. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Just returned home.

Had to work today and, once again, sat in the press box (which is located in Johnny Haynes stand.

I won't go into a match analysis (as you've all done that already) but why I mentioned the press box is because I love looking at the Hamersmith stand celebrate from there.

Our two goals caused the whole of the Hammy end to go absolutely nuts. Fantastic to watch. How was it o_sullyvan?!

18. sullytex

sullytex Member

It was mental. I think everyone was goal starved and to get two put into the Hammy net was just what the doctor ordered. When Duff drilled his in, thought the stands might come down!

I love walking out of the Cottage after a great victory, you can just feel the happiness and the buzz in the air. Instead of going home on the District line, I walked the opposite way down the river to the H&C line for the first time. It was pretty cool and no line for the tube to boot.

19. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

20. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Some of my all-time favorite ffc pubs are in Hammersmith...we should meet for a pint down that way and I'll show you a couple now that the Cottage has closed.