FULHAM V. Middlesbrough [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Dec 11, 2006.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: FULHAM V. Middlesbrough [R]

And by "no" I mean "yes". Oops. :oops: Live on FSC Monday at 3pm EST with a replay the same day at 8pm EST and another Thursday at 4am EST.

2. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Funny, I make predictions and they are rarely right. That said, I hope Fulham puts 2 on Middling & Boring, who get NOTHING. I also hope Fulham outruns them, as I can't stand watching MB. They just reek of suck on the field, even when they win.

EDIT: Well, I learn in the Fulham transfer thread that Bocanegra's hurt, apparantly. No wonder he's not playing, I suppose. So...I like PCB's line up in total!

COYW!

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Yea! Two votes for my line-up. Oh, to be manager for just one match!

Small edit though. Forget about Boa, per Mike's post recently. He is out for at least 4 weeks, and perhaps a lifetime.

But that means Radz defo gets the start, and Pearce gets a warm cozy spot on the bench, just in case.

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I just read in BBC's preview that Superhero Niemi and Quuu are hoping to be back. Pearce, Diop, Boa are out, most likely for the whole Christmas-time schedule (which you all probably knew already)...

Fulham (from): Niemi, Rosenior, Knight, Christanval, Queudrue, Volz, Brown, Radzinski, C Jensen, McBride, John, Helguson, Routledge, Zakuani, Runstrom, Lastuvka, Batista.

My line-up:

Superhero Niemi
    Rosenior, Knight, Christanval, Quuu
    Routledge, Brown, C.Jensen, Radz
    McBride, HH

prediction: Fulham comes back to win 2-1 in the 2nd half...making up for the 1st half penalty Knight gives up, which Yakubu converts.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Good to have the Superhero back; best news in a long while.

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

We need these points as teams below us are winning. We could be in major trouble if results don't go our way in the West Ham game and this Fulham match. I think Charlton and Watford are close to completely falling out of the Premiership picture so it's a battle between us and a few other teams for that last relegation spot. With these games coming up there should be no reason why we aren't going to Bolton looking at European places rather than relegation.

Lineup

Niemi
    Rosenior-Knight-Christanval-Queudrue
    Routledge-Jensen-Brown-Radz
    Mcbride-John

I think Helguson is rubbish and adds nothing to this team. I really don't care about work rate all I care about is how you perform on the pitch and while John is having an average season his pace causes problems for any defense. We will probably miss Diop in the centre of the park and Brown needs to stop with these horrible tackles. Seriously he is like a red card waiting to happen every game. Really we should win pretty comfortably if we perform to the level we are capable of.

Fulham 3-0 Boro

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I really don't know what to think. Its quite possible we'll continue the same mediocrity we've shown the past two games. Hopefully it'll be different. Someone needs to step up to the plate put the team on his back and have a big time game. I'd like to see Runstrom get his chance as well.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

with diop, boa, and pierce gone where does that leave boca? or is he injured too?

i really hope he gets to see the pitch tomorrow. things seem to go fulham's way when he's playing.

2-1 fulham in a crapfest. but a glorious, victorious crapfest.

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am thinking this might be a very dull 0-0 game tomorrow. I am hoping for the best, but I have my doubts.

10. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'll go with 2-1 for us, with a half of good football and a half of shaky football (I don't know which half will be which).

11. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Im gonna say 2-0 Fulham

goal by Volz and BM lol

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Trying to reverse the mojo on the branding thing. I'm giving the FUSA shirt a game day off; I'm wearing the McBride jersey you see in my current avatar. Won't make the chat room, but I'll have the TV on in the other room.

I'd like to see a 2-0 or 3-0, but I'll settle for the 3 points. COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Match On, in little more than 30 minutes!!!

C'mon FulhamUSA, get your game face on!!!!

14. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Good thing I got done with work early so I'm able to watch this LIVE~!

COYW! Beat Middlingbore!

Also: SCORE A GOAL! The last goal you scored, Fulham, was back against Arsenal! That's over 4 hours of gametime sans a goal! Put one in!

THE STARTERS FOR FULHAM~!

Niemi
    Rosy-Christanval-Knight-Que
    Routledge-Brown-Volz-Radzinski
    McBride-Helguson

15. martin

martin New Member

Where is Claus? Not even on the bench.

16. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

The first half is over. Fulham struggled in the beginning, with MB having their way on offense. Some wonderful play by Niemi and some lucky breaks prevented a goal.

Volz was brought down in the box on Fulham's first real attack of the game, so a penalty was given! Helguson is up and lightly taps it in for the first goal!

A second goal came much later when someone on MB forgot Brian McBride was totally sweet and had Real Ultimate Power (tm) at the top of the box. He gets the ball, he takes the shot, and it goes in!

Late in the first half, Radzinski had a good shot, but curled well wide. MB got close with some other chances, but Fulham is playing better as time goes on. I hope they add to their lead in the second half.

KIUYW!

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

a weak penalty [although I'm happy to take it] but not nearly as weak as the one they gave against Liam at the Villa.

Nice strike by McBride. Professional's goal. [Must admit I leapt about my office pointing at his name on my back to absolutely nobody but the UPS guy who is probably reporting me at this moment.]

We ARE getting better, and boy is it nice to have the Superhero back.

COYW!!! Halfway to THREE POINTS!

EDIT after 2nd half.

Well, that was an amazingly weak goal to give up. Niemi had a major brain fart. We didn't look brilliant, but we worked hard and ATTACKED all game. Brian was great; Helguson matched well with him. Routledge might have been the MOM. Good to see Boca on the pitch [almost got #3].

Boro are dreadful, aren't they?

18. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

2-1 to the Whites! A surprisingly entertaining, lively match, also notable for an outcome which spared my daughters the everlasting shame at their father had I broken down following a loss -- well, it spared them that shame over this match, at any rate. :wink:

Woo-hoo! :banana:

19. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

BTW, as nice as the win is, it makes this season's roller-coaster ride all the more frustrating -- as poorly as Fulham have played, we are suddenly back in 11th position in the table, just 3 points off the top 8, and and a mere 7 points off the top 4. It's just maddening that Fulham is not currently in the top 5 or 6, given all the inexcusable points we've dropped.

Oh, well -- let's get on a roll! Most of the rest of the league doesn't seem to want a high finish, either, so a nice little winning streak could vault Fulham another 5 or 6 spots in short order.

COYW!

20. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Thank goodness for home games. We needed a win in a bad way tonight, and the boys delivered. It wasn't always pretty -- symptoms of most matches involving two teams near the relegation zone -- but the points are what matter the most, and we'll gladly take all three.

The main talking point from this match will be the penalty early in the match. Was it really a penalty? Tough to say. Even I thought it was a weak one, at best. All I know is that we deserved a bit of luck, with the way injuries have wrecked our squad (Boa and Diop were both ruled out before the match). Helguson sure did his part in putting the ball past the line.

We're up to 11th place with the win, and we have a good chance to jump into the top half again if we can beat West Ham. Right now though, I'm just happy that we responded from the beatings we took at Blackburn and Liverpool in a positive way.

One more thing: I would like to extend a special note to Matt Le Tissier, who once again refused to pick us to win this match (his prediction was a 1-1 draw). You know, Le Tiss is one of my all-time favorite players, but frankly, he's $*** as a pundit. There are only two sportswriters whose articles I refuse to read: Nick Webster of FoxSports, and Mike Bianchi of The Orlando Sentinel. Le Tissier is getting dangerously close to joining that list.