Fulham v ManU

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Oct 30, 2013.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

There was a time not too long ago where Fulham went through a 3 year stretch against ManUre with the final scores at The Cottage being 2-0, 3-0, 2-2. The David Moyes era has started shaky, but winning the league last year (and the tendency to have a 'hangover') didn't help matters for him. Can the lads get a result? I hope the chairman is over there to watch in person and if things don't go well witnesses in person the toxic nature of our support, because the knives are out. Don't get me wrong, I will never root against the team, and anything can happen in 90 minutes, but can't see anything else but a multi-goal loss.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Maybe I should use my wildcard and buy three Manure players for this weekend. Then they'll be a bright side no matter what? :confusion-helpsos:

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We could win on Saturday if we could swap managers today.

Jol's preferred way to play United is to curl up into a ball and scream "don't hurt me." We're going to get killed.

Good news? We're the prime match on NBCSN, so you won't need to use the matchfinder on Saturday.

4. SoCalJoe

Dang HD,tell us how you're really feeling about this match. After I finished laughing I had to find an emoticon fitting. Moyes is holding the net, who is playing the role of the chicken??? :animals-chickencatch:

5. tim

tim Active Member

OK, so it's the wrong type of football, but I suppose HD is expecting something like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0zgO-bMeqc?start=62&end=65[/youtube]

6. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

awesome reference Tim. would have never remembered that one.

7. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

We're going to lose, as expected. The only variable is by how many goals. And Herr Jol will survive another week because no one expects him to beat manure, anywhere. It would have to be a beat down of epic proportions, and that will most likely not happen. But if it does...maybe we'll get the change we need and salvage our season and position in the top tier. Every match that concludes without a change in the interim puts the club's future in great peril. And this one is a no win scenario.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No View tomorrow; I'll be leaving right after the match to help some HS kids with a production of Frankenstein. I hope to be in and out of the chatroom, though, to comment on the carnage.

9. Clevelandmo

remember the proper pronunciation.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLLQuPfk2eM[/youtube]

10. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I'm going out of town for a wedding this w/e, so I'll miss this one. Never thought I'd say I'd be happy to go to a wedding over watching a Fulham match, but that's the case.

I don't think it'll be the unmitigated disaster some are calling for, but a 1-3 loss sounds about right. And since a loss is expected, it'll have no bearing on Jol's immediate future. Yippee.

11. Clevelandmo

I wont get to see the match yet again for weekend youth soccer. Similarly, I dont mind as much as I used to.

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

thankfully this is not the Manchester United we've all known for 20+ years.

unfortunately I dont think Jol has beaten Moyes while manager of Fulham

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Dejagah is back. It's a very strong lineup. We'll see how it develops.

Stil thinking about 0-3

No view today

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, at least the second half wasn't that bad.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

United took its collective foot off the gas and down shifted as welll.

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

details, schmetails.

17. SoCalJoe

Barely had a cup of java and finished taking the mutt on a walk when it was 0-3. Didn't bother watching, but was surprised to see on the computer that it was 3-1 and decided to view until ManUre scored again. Obviously they were just trying to see the match out, but it sure would have been interesting if Bent's clever looping header had gone in or if Richardson had found the target on what should have been a goal.

18. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

They were doing the rest of the league a favor by ensuring Jol hangs around for a few extra matches so we can continue our current, eminently beatable form.

19. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Kept up with the match on my phone periodically since I wasn't able to watch it. Losing to ManU 3-1 isn't terrible nor unexpected. Losing the match in the first 20 minutes...at home...is terrible. And sadly, also not unexpected. I really hope there's some long term plan in place beyond simply surviving and doing the bare minimum in hopes it is enough.