Fulham v. ManU [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Feb 27, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

In reality, this game is 'damage control' at the very least. Who knows, Fulham could rollover or they could do us proud. A 'right off' no matter how you look at it but I'll be in Hammersmith H5 and doing what I can for the boys...

...by getting behind the boys, I atleast can say I did my part. COYWs

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

A success for me is an attacking display. A failure for me is trying to keep the score down. I want to see a Fulham striker score some time before I collect medicare!

It'll take some inspired play from us and an off day for one or two Man U players, but we can get something out of this. It's not like we've not beaten a big-4 club in our own patch recently -- Arsenal and Liverpool last season, Chelsea the season before.

Go yell your lungs out, Mikey!

3. jmh

jmh New Member

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I can't wait to tell my kids and grandkids how I got to see the storied match-up of Cristiano Ronaldo vs. Chris Baird.

COYW!

5. psand22

psand22 Member

It's going to be an uphill battle, but with all things being Fulhamish....it wouldn't surprise me a bit us to steal a point at home. Let's hope Manure looks ahead and comes out flat.

I'm sure we'll come out in a 4-5-1 and with Andreasen out and Smertin just a memory...I like Boca/Kallio in the defensive mid. I'm sure that Roy will have Murphy in the MF with Davies, Bully, and Dempsey and McBride to battle alone up front. Here's what I'd like to see:

-------------Niemi-----------------------
    Stal - Hughes - Hange - Konch
    -----------Boca---------------------------
    Davies----Bully-----Dempsey
    -----McBride-----Nevland--------------

6. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Half time

What are we doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We play one man up front and then we dont put the ball in the box, our midfielders are more intent on going backwards than forward, our defence is being torn apart, and who the heck is marking Paul scholes, its not like he is new to the team, his been playing for a few years, but his like the invisible man to Fulham players.

Put Volz on him and put Johnson up front and take a damn chance, because this one man attack is not working especially with our anemic midfield, and do it early becuase when ferguson puts Ronaldo and rooney on for their run out we are certainly doomed, buts lets go down at least fighting going forward and not back.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Half time

Sorry, AJ, but I guess Roy doesn't listen to either of us. Depressing day.

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Where was Dempsey? Our leading scorer is not even on the bench!?

9. krhimself

krhimself New Member

At this stage, the only thing I can pin my hopes on is the fact that Wet Spam last year and Pompey the year before had both been stuck in the doldrums before they made their amazing climbs up and out of the relegation zone:

05/06 Portsmouth -- Four wins, 18 points total after 28 matches. Won six out of their last ten (with two draws), finished with 38 points; survived the relegation battle.
    06/07 West Ham -- Five wins, 20 points total after 29 matches. Won seven out of their last nine matches, finished with 41 points; survived the relegation battle.

Of course, there's no guarantee that we'll do the same, but hope springs eternal in the breast...

COYW!

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

No one on the Offal seems to know where Dempsey was either. His parents were in town for the game, too.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mo, a guy on another site said that he had a slight injury in practice this week. I didn't see any other comments on that.

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

3 straight games without a goal. one win, one draw, six losses since january 1st. 4 goals scored, 13 conceded.

HODGSON OUT!

13. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Fulham is no place for the weak...I'm afraid timmyg may be right.

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ouch. There were some positives in the game, which is like saying the Hindenburg used to be a pretty color.

I'm sad to say today selaed the deal. Look out Norwich and Leicester, here we come

15. psand22

psand22 Member

It's a shame we didn't push forward and attack, since we don't have much or anything to lose....but either way it's a monsterous task for us to beat ManU. One victory, since 1965 I think I read.

I think it's crazy to even think of throwing Roy out. He comes in and takes over a sinking ship....where everyone needs a name tag, so they can learn each other's name. He's stuck with some bad signings and some big injuries and worst of all-----Every referee hates us. Every close call, I hear the band, Big Country, playing "Look Away, Look Away"....because they don't see a damn thing.

We haven't had any luck or divine intervention and I'm disappointed in our situation, but I'm not going to throw Roy under the bus. You can't correct the lack of support from the Chairman in the past by throwing money at it now. Sure we've brought in a bunch of players this season, but we've let the majority of our quality players get away in the past and our squad has suffered. I don't know how CC kept us rolling along with pennies on the dollar.

The results with Roy in charge haven't been pretty, but I think we're coming together....unfortunately, it might be too late. COYW

16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

And lest we forget, FFC may get to face Leeds and N. Forest as well!

It's gonna take a 4-5 match win streak to save this SS Andrea Doria.

COYW...

17. EricD

EricD New Member

What was the starting lineup?

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

19. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Ugh! It just gets worse all the time.

McBride was really ineffective, didn't see why we kept him out there so long. EJ was alright.

20. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

EJ did not do himself any favors today, he looked like he made half an effort and there wasn't one Fulham supporter who wasn't keeping a close eye on him and didn't agree. I kept saying to myself that he was just nervous but I'm not sure.

The unfortunate thing about today is not that we lost, it's that the teams above us gained points. We are down...sadly.

Crazy thing though, after their third (very bizarre) goal went in, the back of H5 and H4 started to sing 'Roy Hodgson' Blahwhiarmy', then the whole of both blocks, then the whole of the Johnny Haynes and then Block S in Riverside, etc. It was a surreal experience and I left the ground strangely proud.

With that said, special shout to jmh and the other NY boys who sent me a text. Made my day that did. Thanks Josh.