Fulham v Man U (again)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by TheOldBugger, Mar 17, 2009.

1. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

Well here we go again, Man U at the cottage,anybody fancy us to get anything? :wink: :banana:

2. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

No

I doubt losing Vidic will make that much of a difference. However, I don't see a thumping like we've received twice already. The full week off doesn't hurt either.

I really wish Barnes would get match fit at some point soon, I would really like to see what he has to offer coming off the bench.

Same line up we had this past weekend, not sure Kamara is fit enough to go 90 & replace Zamora (yes, if fully fit, I prefer Kamara to Zamora). Not sure that will even happen this season.

United-1

FFC-0

As always when I'm realistic and pick against our boys, I hope I'm wrong and we can somehow earn a draw.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

United's defense has been mortal of late and I could see us scoring one, but I can't see us getting a result with them needing the points for their title push AND after their debacle against Liverpool last weekend.

FFC 1, United 3. Sorry. :(

4. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

1-0 good guys, extra time goal by GJ's mancrush.

5. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I don't expect a win, but I would like the game to be close. I can't walk out of the bar again in shame.

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

ManU is hurting defensively. Their first 3 choice Right Backs are out injured and Vidic is suspended. I think we'll score at least one and possibly two goals against them. They key is whether the full week gives our lads the energy to slow down their attack. If the Aussie has a good day, we could pull out a 1-0 victory here.

My hope is that ManU is overanxious and plays tight instead of loose.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The BEST reasonable outcome is 1-1.
    The team will need to be tremendously up for it. Guess who's gonna score for FFC...

Dempsey

8. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

2nd what Fog and Brad said. Let's not get blown out again! Keep the positive GD lads!

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'd like to see Kallio at LB for PK for my only change.

Don't know what to do about prognostication. We did so well with no help from me against Bolton [although I was wearing my original black FUSA shirt under a turtleneck at the gig], but I will be in the chatroom for this one.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

To get anything at all from this match would seem very Fulhamish after our recent bend over and cough games with the Red Devils.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

...and this may feel a little cold...d'oh!

A point would be gravy, just gravy, baby.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'll go 2-0 ManU. A full week off should help, but based on the last two against them I think we'll go defensive in this one. Wouldn't mind seeing PK and Zamora on the bench.

Any word on tv times for this one?

13. jmh

jmh New Member

Live on Setanta.

Anyone know a soccer bar in Albany? :?

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Uh... yeah. See left sidebar. It's live on Setanta

Sorry for the snark.. heh.
    I'd been sitting dum and dummer, not paying attention to Mikey needing help. I will try to keep things accurate, from this point on.

15. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Last week prior to the Bolton match, I washed my Fulham scarf, which I wear every week whether I'm in front of the computer or TV. First time I've washed the thing in awhile.

We won away...

So...I tossed it back into the laundry pile. Its getting washed again prior to Saturday. We'll see how long that tradition works out.

16. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm not understanding all the love for Kallio - when he came in for Hughes he was shambolic; he seemed off the pace and not physical enough for the league.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Kallio is a better LB than a CB. He put in a very good shift v. Arsenal, and I don't think PK can handle anyone wearing a red shirt.

18. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I think it's more a reflection on Konchesky than any of the subs. One run out won't prove a whole lot, as we've seen with a number of guys. So who's to say Kallio wouldn't shake off the rust? It seems pretty well established that PK can't go 90 w/o at least one more major lapse. Of late, his lapses are finding the back of the net.

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Timing is everything when playing a side far superior. After 2 whoopins' in a month you'd expect ManUre to come out flat, but...a 4-1 thrashing by the Scousers will have them ready to go. Do think the lads will keep it more respectable.

20. LOBO

LOBO New Member

A slightly weakened, but highly motivated Red Devils squad for this one.

I expect no changes to Fulham's starting lineup.

I do believe a 1-1 draw is within the realm of possibilities, but I could live with an unexpected 2-1 win at home via a Dempsey brace also... :wink: