Fulham v. Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, May 2, 2007.

1. Deucefan

Deucefan New Member

RE: MOTM vs. L

Personally I thought Diop is getting better and better, and gets my vote!
    You have to give Dempsey a mention as well!!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I give it to Niemi. The Superhero almost got us a point against Arsenal last week and has been fantastic since he came back from injury.

He's also my player of the year.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, that's different.. coming from a guy who's using the handle, 'Deucefan'.

But I agree with Don and Mike. If it werent for Niemi, what Dempsey did would have mattered little. In fact, relegation would probably have been sealed weeks ago.

I hope Niemi gets the fan vote Player of the Year

5. jmh

jmh New Member

As much as I respect McHead, Superhero Niemi has to be the player of the year.

------------------------------------------

There are a few plays from various sports that I can watch over and over again and never get tired of them... the Bill Buckner play, Clint Mathis' goal of the year against Dallas a few years back, one or two memorable goals by my Cornell hockey team, Jason Sehorn's diving rolling interception return for a touchdown against the Eagles in the playoffs, Stephane Matteau's 2OT wraparound to beat the Devils in '94, Mike Richter stopping Pavel Bure's penalty shot in the playoffs the same year... this goal is going to be part of that pantheon. Perfectly executed and in a HUGE situation. And the best part of watching the replay is, the ball goes in the net EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Sorry, you all probably don't care, but I thought I'd share. :)

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Dempsey was the hero we needed on the day and for a player who was looking to make an impact, he couldn't of asked to score a more important goal. That is now forever in Fulham folklore.

The thing with this club is to get some respect or more specifically to get your own song, you have to do something meaningful...when I got back to the Golden Lion after the match, they were already singing it.

Anywho, off topic but I'll still go with Niemi and Dempsey as a close second.

7. americanmike

Clint Quote

Thatta boy!

8. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

RE: Clint Quote

Great quote from Dempsey. I think he will start to become a real playmaker in the squad.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Clint Quote

I really am looking forward to a midfield which features Dempsey tucked in behind the forwards and Bullard in the middle running things. It would be nice to have Papa in there as well, but he may be on the way out I hear.

Where would we have been this season with Bullard playing as many minutes as Liam?

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Liverpool, MOTM, and Soccernet

Now that was a Cinco de Mayo!! Haven't had a pint that early in the morning since fishing in Mexico, thank all that is holy that I didn't have to cry in it.

Agree w/everyone on Niemi as both MOTM and season long MVP, if he hadn't missed those games the team wouldn't probably have been in this precarious position in the first place.

As far as the Soccernet article nevzter so kindly linked up earlier, if you want to get riled up that would be a good article to read and reply to (all Fulham fans should e-mail their thoughts). The fact that it was an unsigned editorial was very gutsy of the author. However, a grain of salt is required because it is quite transparent that this fool is most certainly a West Spam fan not happy w/the fact that MAF is calling attention to that ridiculous ruling from the FA.

Here's hoping for a draw for Charlton tonight, wouldn't it be ironic if Steed has a part in the goal(s) to secure our place for next year???

11. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I agree, MVP of the year has to be Niemi. For me, it is a tie between him and Dempsey for the Liverpool game. I think this guy found his super hero. Did anyone in attendance see him?

This is from the arsenal game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was he at the Liverpool game? He is apart of one of my facebook groups. haha

12. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: MOTM vs. L

How does the song go?

13. WHITEwitch1

WHITEwitch1 New Member

Head butt should be okay as it was 50/50 when they showed the replays.

Agree start the freakin texan against Boro - I think LS kept him back until the second half as Benitez is a master tactician and he didn't want to give him half time to adjust to Clint.

Usually takes Southgate a long while to figure anything out so he could start against Boro and still have the surprise element.

Laughed at you all with your superstitions - LB even turned his FFC teddy the other way round and I changed my scarf from the one I wore to Emirates.

14. WHITEwitch1

WHITEwitch1 New Member

Buggrit that isn't supposed to be on this thread.

I think Niemi has to get it but Browny is a great personal favourite and the dancing texan is growing on me.

Then again there is Pearce the hero.

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

WW
    resized avatar and sent it to you

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Great article, by the way [as always].

Obviously, this is an example of "divided by a common language." While an FFC teddy sounds wonderful, don't think I'd like to see LBno11 sporting it -- especially "the other way round." :shock:

17. martin

martin New Member

Wow. Great result and a great goal from Deuce. I hope he puts in a couple more at Boro next weekend. We were a bit lucky, though. Fowler easily could have had two. And Brownie is out of control. I am mystified why he is still the captain. He has no skill and his physical game is venturing close to a Robbie Savage/Joey Barton level of thuggery.

18. americanmike

A video review on the day done by Brad and Jamie who are moving to London this month and were house hunting the weekend of Liverpool. Many thanks to them for the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLrazQPuwg

I'm so stupid.

19. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

That wasn't to bad. 99% of people captured singing on a home video camera are going to look.... well stupid, and you only looked sort of stupid. And besides that was the most important match in probably years, I was a wreck that whole week much less that day an hour BEFORE the match. It was a vulnerable moment and could have been a lot worse 8)

20. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Interesting video Mike...a bit off the beaten path.

I know you have a link to many of the songs, but they don't seem to work on my PC. Any way you could send me a message with a link to another sight or just lyrics and what songs the lyrics are to? Thanks for all of the help.

"Clint Dempsey has a song?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edited:

Just found a site actually with some songs listed below. Let me know if these are actually sung at the CC.

Here is the link... http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/fulham.htm