Fulham v Leicester Replay Pre and Postgame [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Jan 9, 2007.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I have been watching the highlights.

Nice work for the first

Montella's first goal was a tap in from 2 yards, but the second was a top header under pressure.

Wayne was kicked and fouled, the ref played good advantage and his goal was brilliant. Make sure you watch it.

The BBC have shown it about 10 times (although mostly to anoy Gary Lineker) who is a Leicster fan.

ps. Steed had a good match for Spurs and scored a good goal.

3. duhduhdee

duhduhdee New Member

now my friends i must get back to work. either way we pulled off a great win for fulham today. we may not have players of ronaldinhos caliber but we sure have tougher and players with stronger will power.

4. martin

martin New Member

I think I'm gonna like this Montella dude :D

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

according to the wrap up on the offal, McBride was taken off for tactical reasons. Let's hope he's fine for Saturday.

What's the odds for VM lining up next to him?

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

It it was tactical, then it was to rest him for the PL, he played well in the first half.

Their first goal was sloppy defence. The second was a good ball in from a free kick and the man on the back post should have done better - may have been brown. The thrird was a thunderous shot - credit the goal scorer with a good strike.

7. GaryBarnettFanClub

Warner may not be the greatest keeper - but there was a huge smile and hug for Wayne from him at the end of the game. He was chuffed.

Coleman said we were "awful" first half and "disapointed". He went on to say "We don't know when we are beaten."

Rob Kelly said Leicster were "bitterly disappointed".

8. ob

ob New Member

Wow I have to watch the highlights. This team has got so much character. How many games have we come back from now? Well done the lads, and Montella -you've just become a Fulham legend mate. Not bad for your first home game...

9. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Would we have even gotten that far? I believe away goals is used, so we probably would have lost had been 3-3 after 90.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Excellent win today! The team showed a lot of character battling back from two goals down to win this game. Big time props to Montella for his brace which brought the Cottagers back into the match. He showed he is a worthy striker that can play.

Of concern is the defense. I do not think the partnership of Bocanegra and Christanval is working. In the last two games the defense has given up six goals with these two playing the center-half roles. That is not good especially since the match today was against a Coca-Cola Championship team. That needs to change in a hurry. Bring someone else in to play for one of the two. Maybe Pearce should play again.

Regardless, a win is a win and in cup competitions, it is all about surviving and advancing. This is sweet because Fulham will now host another non-Premiership team in Stoke City on January 27th. I am sure Stoke will be gunning to knock off the bigger, stronger Premiership team, but I like Fulham's chances to make it into the 5th round with a win.

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

would a win take us to the quarterfinals?

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A win over Stoke City in the 4th round would send Fulham through to the Final 16.

13. psand22

psand22 Member

I like the way we keep fighting until the very end....down 2 and come back to steal a win. Now that's good stuff, no matter who you're playing. But like you said CTom - we need some help in the defensive end. I've heard a lot of rumors with the transfer window. I just hope we can find someone to man the middle for us. Our luck is going to run out, if we keep giving up the easy goals and have to keep playing from behind.

14. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

HOLY $H1T! I GOT HOME AND WENT ON ESPN.COM AND FULHAM WAS DOWN 3-1. I JUST TURNED ON FOX SOCCER WORLD REPORT AND HOLY $H1T!!! 4-3???? OMG!!!

15. fcscooby

fcscooby New Member

Agree 100% with psand22 we cant expect to give up so many easy goals and continue to get points, let alone move up the table in league play . If we dont find an answer during the window where do you all think we will finish this season

16. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

After watching the highlights on Sky Sports all I have to say is Montella is amazing on the ground and in the air. Expect to see more goals from him.

17. krhimself

krhimself New Member

18. ob

ob New Member

I've seen the highlights a few times now and it just gets better and better. Montella was amazing!

19. ob

ob New Member

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Montella is a greedy git, but he's greedy in the best possible ways:

1. He wants to play all the time.
    2. He wants to be the guy putting the ball in the net.

Gordon Gecko had him in mind when he said "Greed is good; greed works." I'm loving the opportunity to see him up front with BMB; I think they could make all sorts of goals for each other, and I think that Liam and Routledge and 3Us and Jensen will think they've gone to heaven servicing those two.

FORZA CENZO!