Fulham v. Leicester City [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Aug 24, 2008.

1. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I listened to that too. Had no problems.

It really sounded like we got badly outplayed in the second half and were pretty fortunate to come away with a win. And actually I think that's a good thing: a bit of a reality check so that the players aren't too proud of themselves for beating Arsenal and stay focused.

2. Bradical

Bradical Member

Great goal for Bullard

"Jimmy Bullard is back!"

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Most of the comments I've been reading on other sites from guys who actually saw the match was that this was among Bullard's worst matches in terms of discipline. He was considered instrumental in the team losing cohesion. Several other comments indicated that there wasn't a lot of focus on many of the starters -- that they were just going through the motions. Makes you wonder why Roy only made one substitution.

Bet the squad is having fun at the training ground. I hope Roy doesn't give them the weekend off.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Consensus on CCN seems to be that despite scoring the goal, Bullard had a poor game, in particular passing inaccurately and giving the ball away a bunch, and that he may have earned himself a game on the bench. I can't really evaluate whether that's true from having listened online or from the highlights that Mike so kindly posted, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Also: How on earth did Gera's shot go in?

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I was wondering the same thing, re: Gera.

Damn, there are a lot of empty seats. I'd think after the summer, the fans would be more football starved and that we'd pack a better crowd than that. Are the ticket prices too high for the Carling Cup matches? Or are the fans just apathetic b/c they're used to the Prem sides fielding reserve teams for these games?

Just weird when you consider how many of us were in the chat room clamoring around sketchy radio feeds b/c we're so hungry for Fulham football.

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Lets look back, and look ahead!

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well said, timmy and really enjoyed your podcast yet again. Nice shout out to the NY-FUSA crew.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Tim, thanks for having me on -- maybe we'll do it again in the future.

10. hawkfan_08

hawkfan_08 New Member

so what is going on with Dempsey? Why has he not had a lot of playing time. I haven't been keeping up on what has been going on this summer but he had lots of PT last year...