Fulham v. Hull [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Mar 2, 2009.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

Don't worry, we were just trying to lull Manchester United into a false sense of security.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

2. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

just got back from the match-gutted!
    everything we tried did'nt come off
    Zamora had a nightmare AGAIN!
    very fulhamish-think we had our heads on the United match
    last pass went missing,Hull counter attacked very well-we seemed toothless
    one fed up fan here!

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Fulhamish

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Just got done watching the replay.

Wow.

We outplayed them for 92 minutes and we lose at home.

Ugh.

How did we not score in the first half where the ball was down in the offensive area for 75% of the half.

Ugh.

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Didn't see the match, but from the stats and the BBC live commentary, it sounded like we bossed the match but left too many chances unfinished. We've been fortunate this season that when we have done that, it hasn't come back to bite us in the rear in the form of a loss...today it did.

There was an interesting piece on CCN about lucky bounces/game of inches type stuff. Damn if today doesn't sound like it falls right into that category. Fulham did everything to win but finish. You can either look at the number of chances and say we just missed scoring, and that more often than not that performance will net a win. Or you can say we lack quality finishers. Either way, compared to my previous years following this club, I'll take that performance everyday and twice on Sunday.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Didn't see the match either.

I was hoping for 2 quick wins to put us at 40 points and out of the relegation issue but expected something like this. Some days the breaks don't go your way. I'll pass on hitting any panioc buttons -- we got a big game against the Evil Empire and I am still hoping for a W against Blackburn next week, if we play the way everyone says we did, I think it'll work out well.

Curse you Manucho!!!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, from what I'm reading elsewhere, we just got relegated! And here I thought we were in 9th place in a 20 position league.

But what do I know, eh?

8. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

9. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Ugh! I can think of much better ways to end my evening.

10. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow, that was really frustrating.

For what it's worth, I really wanted to be angry about not getting that penalty call, but it looked like Zamora went down awfully easily to me.

11. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I had to wait to post after a night's sleep, to recover and keep the vitriol out of my post.

Credit to their keeper, who made some tough key saves. Dempsey, my Fulham MOTM would've had a brace without them.

Sometimes the best team doesn't win - this was one of those times. I think we created more scoring opportunities than I have ever seen us do - 17 shots in total.

Frustration leads to Anger, Anger leads to knocking ManU out of the FA Cup on Saturday.

12. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

a day later and it still feels like i've been kicked in the nuts!!!!!
    what do you do with a problem like Bobby Z???
    I know that he's turning into a whipping boy and everybodies favourite cat to kick but I do feel like the clock is ticking for the boy-looked clueless lastnight,maybe it's time to go?????
    the Blackburn game is fast turning into a must win game.The quicker we get 40 points the easyer I'll feel !!!!!

13. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Saw the highlights this morning and surprised I haven't seen any criticism of PK. Looked like he had another one of his lapses leaving his man completely unmarked on the winner.

14. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Funny isnt it - how things can change in just a few short days. They play so well, and then follow it up with this performance - Granted - Fulham had chances that were well saved, but when things were not working... It appeared that nobody had the answer.

Hull did well to take Davis out of the match, and for me - that was the difference. Any time he drifted inside they marked him tight and pounced on him when he picked up the ball. Demps was able to relieve some of that pressure, but that pulled the outside backs forward to give us some width and the service was lacking or Z flubbed the control or the layoff touch which set up the counter.

Oh well - sometimes things just dont go according to plan.

15. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Watched the highlights on the official FFC site.
    I'm nearing the place where theoldbugger's at with Bobby Z ...
    I've always backed him, and as long as he jogs onto the pitch wearing a Fulham shirt I will continue to do so, but i'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever get out of his own head enough to be more then just the hard working ball distributor (not to minimize the importance of hard work or good ball distribution). If ever there was a chance to get back to full confidence it was with the sitter against Hull.

16. Flamingcokecans

Flamingcokecans New Member

Despite giving up the points at home to a lesser team. I am proud of the performance. I thought Dempsey's vision was spectacular and his shots really tested Hull's keep. I truly expected this to be a 1-1 decision with an early fulham goal and a late hull goal and to see that fulham deserved something more like a 3 or 4 to 1 victory was good, but football is a different game. On any day, the best can fall to the worst - which is why I am looking forward to Saturday's FA cup match.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

me too.

Welcome to the site, by the way. Cool handle. Go on over to "introduce yourself" and ... uh introduce yourself.

18. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

I agree about Clint. It looks like his confidence grows with each match. He's got the potential to be the best US-born field player ever.

Welcome to the site. We need more Carolinians, especially those with an insightful take on the game, like you.