Fulham v Everton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Oct 30, 2006.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham v Everton [R] {Prematch}

First time I've listened to GJ this season, and man was it worth it. What a GREAT win! And I mean a great win on so many levels. To bounce back like that against Everton after Wigan shows tremendous confidence.

Oddly enough, contrary to GBF, GJ was applauding Bocanegra all match. Jensen, Queudrue and Rosenior also seemed to get alot of positive mention. BUt I defer to those that actually SAW the match versus my listening and attempting to type at the same time. (DCHeather, come on back girl.)

2. Yo_Adrian

Yo_Adrian New Member

Fantastic win for the cottagers!! Bumped em back up to 8th on the table.

Was on the edge of my seat the entire first half, was nice to see them dominate the game in the 2nd.

Nice to see Jensen back in form, and although Boa had to be subbed near the end it was good to see him back on the pitch, he fought a hard game.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Also, nice to see FFC leading off Fox's Super Saturday +. And a little respect from the Fox crowd for a week or two is also nice.

Wonderful cross field run and well-timed tackle by Liam. His dip in form appears to be over.

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham v Everton [R] {Prematch}

If this is in refence to "Bocca does well but is out of position" it was not a comment on the way he played. I thought he was excelent during the game. It would just love to see him play centre for a decent run as he is not able to play his natural game, rather than having to play midfield or left back or right wing or where ever the hell CC needs some cover!

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Les, I couldn't agree with you more about giving Boca a good run at playing in his natural position. I think it unlikely that Pearce will remain uninjured all season, so I see the possibility of Boca getting a good 4-6 match run playing alongside a revitalized Zat.

The thing is -- and we got into this in the chat room this morning -- that Boca is doing himself a power of good by playing "wherever the hell CC needs some cover." He's getting international recognition and plaudits for going where the team needs him and giving it his all. It's going to help him with his next contract, and has probably increased his value should FFC decide to transfer him.

If there's a downside, it's the fact that his ability to play everywhere may mask his real ability as a central defender. People may think, well he's not as good a left back as Bridge, not as good a holding midfielder as the Wardrobe or Brown and, so keep him in the utility role. But for the near term, he's shown himself as a multi-talented young man with a great attitude, and that's going to translate into bucks for him very soon, and much credit with the new USMNT coach.

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Yes, GBFC, I thought you were referring to him being out of position during the match. Like I said, I had ears but no eyes to rely on, and all I kept hearing was what a great job BOcanegra was doing in midfield. Which is great, because it seems he has not had a great midfield match to date (even though he has scored a goal).

Agree with Don that Bocanegra's stock is rising, which is good for him and FFC, no matter the final result. Glad he is playing so well. If only we could have managed another sponsorship???

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Next year, let's have 4 sponsorships -- BMB, Boca, Gooch, and Dempsey.

Yeah; smiled just typing that!

9. BC

BC New Member

I like the way you're thinking, HatterDon!

I wasn't able to hear the match yesterday but when I checked the score, I was elated! For a brief moment there we were 7th on the table! I really hope we can stay in the top ten. I know I've said this before, but can you imagine if we had everyone healthy?

10. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Pretty good match - seems like no one is reallly saying much about the first half. I found it pretty embarassing, and I was hoping and praying that wasn't going to set the tone for the entire 90 minutes. They definitely turned the tables, though - I hope FSN or SKY News shows Jensen's goal as one of the great ones of the week.

Hey, does anyone know the ideal Fulham'ish pub to head to for matches in NYC? I was at Nevada Smiths for the first time for this one, and I felt like I was the only Fulham supporter there. Not that that was really a problem, (may have been if it was Man U or Chelsea playing us, hehe) but f there's a spot where Fulham supporters go, let me know.

Either way, Nevada Smiths was fun even if I was outnumbered. Staying for the Man U-Portsmouth game was great. This must be the safe haven for all the football-loving Brits and Irish in this town.

11. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Wow I'm very happy with this win. We took it to them in the second half and did what was nessecary to get a win. I feel much better about this preformance than the Charlton game. Great Win!

12. martin

martin New Member

I missed the match Saturday morning, but I did catch it on Setanta On Demand on ITVN. They recently rolled out this feature where you can watch anything from the last 24 hours whenever you want. It is a great feature for chronically overserved people who tend to miss early morning events :wink:

I'm happy with the win but the first half was pretty poor. Everton dominated possession an we were lucky to go into halftime at 0-0. The second half was much better. You gotta love Claus. Niemi certainly did his job, especially with that little flurry of shots at the end.

You could clearly see the coin hitting Claus on the replay. He is the last guy who needs to get hurt on something stupid like that. I hope they find the lout who threw it and deal with him properly.

I hope the FulhAmericans enjoyed the match. On to Portsmouth for another 3 points!

13. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

All of our fellow yanks had a great time indeed. I met some very nice people who seemed to have a lot of fun. I unfortunately couldn't go to the Golden Lion afterwards but they were well taken care of from what I'm told.

Back to the match itself, if you want to read my experience with Evertons fans, click here:
    http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?name ... 6388#16388

Hey Rumstove this story is for you!

Right as the final whistle blew, Niemi was right in front of the Hammy End and turned to us, clapping us for our support but also patted his heart with his glove and gave us a big PHEW! THAT WAS CLOSE! I thought it was a nice gesture by him, to show he was as tense as we were towards the end.

Lastly, Dave, I don't it was me who you saw as mine and Katy's ST are in the middle of hammy end,if facing the goal in front of Hammy, we are behind the left goal post about 30 rows up. I think I will take an American Flag with me next time to see if you guys can see me.

On to Portsmouth which will always be tough. FTID[/u]

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Any pictures yet from any of those went?

15. rumstove

rumstove New Member

That's great! Wow, Superhero really is human and gets nervous too. He had a great match. All I can say is: :rock:

16. RDG

RDG Member

Good result, though the lads were flat in the first half. Thankfully, Everton wasn't much better. Nice to see that a call went OUR way and the penalty wasn't given (I've seen a lot less done and the ref point to the spot.) Also nice to see that a deflection HELPED score the goal, as usually some minor touch pushes our shots ju-ust wide of the net. Oh, and what IDIOT throws coins at players? Jensen got hit with a coin before taking a corner. Actually, I think I answered the question.

Oh, and it was nice to see a match on TV where I didn't have to get up at 7am and find a bar with Setanta!

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Rudy,

Welcome home! Sorry you were ill. Hope the trip was worth it otherwise!

Don

18. RDG

RDG Member

Trip

Thanks!

Even got to see Luton lose to Ipswich on telly (oh, so THAT'S where Legwinski went!) Went to a few old stomping grounds in Bath; some pubs there actually have changed for the better. Met up with different sets of friends in such varied places as Middlesex, Peckham, and Soho. Got to see the Millenium Bridge (last time I was in Southwark, they were merely thinking of it). So, yes, indeed, the trip was worth it.

As I said in another post, it was worthwhile to watch the Everton match on telly, as I started feeling poorly. It's also now such a great feeling to watch FFC live and NOT be bleary-eyed or have to find a bar that's actually open in the morning.

COYW!!