Fulham v. CSKA Sofia 12/3

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Dec 1, 2009.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Are Fulham only good for one half of football this season? It sure seems so at times. The beginning of the match seemed as if Fulham would put 5 or six home but only Gera's header found the back of the net. The second half saw Fulham barely threaten to hold onto the the ball much less create a scoring chance. Three points and a chance to move on at Basel is the result of the day. COYW'S! :banana:

2. CanadianSwede

CanadianSwede New Member

I just saw the interview with Roy on the Fulham site and he said, as probably everyone knows that the Premier League takes precedence over the Europa League. I get the feeling that he won't field the 'best' squad in Basel which I find unfortunate because I am of the feeling that we can take FCB at home and progress. Its nice to be in Europe and I would like this current run to continue. I don't believe either that it is having a negative effect on our ability to compete in the Premier League. Sitting fairly nice right now. Can anyone tell me why David Elm isn't getting a run out even in this competition? Seems strange.
    COYW!

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

CanadienSwede, apparently Elm isn't eligible for this competition. I'm sure he'll will get a run out v Swindon Town in the FA Cup.

Now that the lads have put themselves in a position to advance, I think Roy will put out a side that can grab the 3 points. The key being which strikers will be available (fingers crossed Dio will be good to go).