Fulham v. Boro [R] 12/20 10AM EST

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Dec 15, 2008.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'm lousy at picking formations, etc., other than to say that I'd like to see Nevland in there is Bobby Z. can't play, as opposed to another midfielder.

The main reason I'm writing is to note that the game will be on LIVE on Setanta Xtra on DirecTV, and therefore probably in all of the usual soccer bars throughout our great land.

If anybody in the DC area is interested, I will be at Summers in Arlington. Summers is a block from the Clarendon Metro station on the Orange line. If you're interested in meeting me there, let me know. I will be, not surprisingly, wearing a Fulham shirt.

2. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

RE: Fulham v. Boro 12/20 10AM EST

I can never pick formations, scores, etc. and I don't want to.
    But I just have one Christmas wish...

SOMEONE SCORE A GOAL!!!! :?

Sorry, I am all better now.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Three points for the good guys. The Big Aussie will NOT allow his former mates to get anything past him.

And, until Time Warner Cable down here emulates Comcast in New England and includes Setanta in its sports package, it's me for GJ and the chatroom again.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I'm going to refer to what Football365 wrote in their weekly "winners/losers" column (which we're featured as a winner)

Can't really argue with that. A win would be oh, oh so nice. And in case anyone is wondering, we're still only 3 points from the drop (and so is almost half the league, but still...)

5. jmh

jmh New Member

I can argue with it. If we beat Boro we'll be unbeaten in seven, not five. Much as the media might want to forget it, those four draws (including two AT top-four sides) came on the heels of BEATING big bad Newcastle and Spurs.

6. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

If they beat Boro, which they will BTW, they will be unbeaten in 7....right?. We have had 4 draws in a row on the heels of two wins. Football365 needs to check their stats. :roll:

7. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I am looking for 2 goals and a win this weekend.

8. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

I see a win for the good guys this time. 2-1 ... goals coming from Demps and AJ.

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

True, the math is off. But the point about our last victory being a month ago is more what I was getting at.

Plus, if we draw are we undefeated in 7 or winless in 5? Glass half empty/half full sorta thing.

10. Jux

Jux New Member

And when they do that, be sure to tell Time Warner to do the same in Ohio:)

11. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

Well then ,here we go again.As they say there are no easy games these days and this will be hard fought,but I think a wins in order for us on this one.
    did anybody notice how much we missed Bobby Z in the last game? no movement off the ball,nobody pulling defenders all over the place to create space for F5,no real threat at corners ect ect.I just hope he's fit for this one because we are going to need him bigtime! 2-1 to the Fulham on this one I think.
    and apoligise to my chatroom brothers and sisters as I won't be part taking of the chatroom banter as I'll be at the game-but I'll sing and shout for all of us! :D 8) :banana:

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

OB, when you're shouting in that impenetrable northern accent of yours, :lol: don't forget that you're representin' for us yanks.

Enjoy, and bring us back three points! :banana:

13. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

:wink: :lol: :banana:

14. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

Looks like no live broadcast, but Setanta will show the match "same day delayed" at 4:00 p.m. central. I hope to pop in to the Amsterdam Tavern here in St. Louis for at least the first half before heading out to my work Christmas party.

15. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I might join you at the Amsterdam. I'm looking for something to do before the hockey game on Saturday night. This should work out nicely.

16. jmh

jmh New Member

The match will be carried live on Setanta Xtra. (The Boxing Day match at Spurs as well.) If the bar you're planning to go to has DirecTV, they should be able to pick it up for you live.

17. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

I went there for the first time last Saturday. Caught the second half of same-day-delay broadcast. I loved the place. A classic old "divey," South-Side tavern feel, but with a soccer theme and (best of all, IMO) withOUT the smoke. Smoking is not permitted. I'd spend a lot more time (and money) in my local taverns if they did not allow smoking, but bar owners that I know tell me that I'm in the minority.

A smoke-free bar with cheap pints of Guinness and soccer on TV that is almost within walking distance of my house...gotta love it.

Only downers about the place are that no food is available. The owner (name is Bert) hopes to start food service soon...he's got to make enough money to put in a kitchen. The other downer is that they're not open on Sunday. Can't open on Sunday unless you serve food, so hopefully that will change soon as well.

Hope I can get my chores done in time to meet you on Saturday. I'll look for you.

18. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

I'll have to call and ask if they get "Extra." They do not list it on their website.

19. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to check that place out. I met the owner oddly when I went to vote. I was wearing my Fulham jersey and he told me about his place.

20. jmh

jmh New Member

No Xtra would be a third downer about the place (though if they have DirecTV and get regular Setanta, they may also get Xtra and just not know it). The two I just mentioned make at least four Fulham games this season that have been live on Xtra, and probably some more back in September and October also.