Fulham v Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Sep 7, 2008.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

(edited for posting after a long day of too much beer)

2. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

mo and john, same here, i was so pissed. Like you, planned the whole day around the 2:45time here out west. My home shirt had just arrived too, so I was representin'. lets keep winning and MAKE them show our games!!

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Missed the match but glad to see the Whites performed well again today. Just saw the highlights and the Zamora goal was sweet. Looks like Gera was active today too.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Sorry for those who went out and got hosed (for a replay??).

Bobby Z's goal was quality, and so glad to see the Cottage becoming a fortress again (3 matches/3 wins).

5. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Someone needs to tell Gera not to become an acrobat after he scores a goal. I always am like "Waaait for iiiiiit..." and anticipate and injury. It rarely happens, but it happened a few weeks ago with this guy.

6. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Great to see that AJ and Zamora linked up so well in their first match together. From all reports and the highlights that I saw from Match of the Day, Bobby was a cut above everyone else.

Three matches, 6 points and 6th in the table. Is this really Fulham?

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Where oh where did you see MOTD highlights??

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

What a great performance. Definitely should've been 3 or 4 nil up but atleast we kept the chances coming.

Had a bunch of our fellow yanks there yesterday and they absolutely loved it, although didn't get to meet obsolet3 and his missus but Katy did so I'm sure they had a fab day out as well.

Gera is coming into his own and feeling more comfortable but the best part (although not MOM) was Johnson and how he can spread defenses...still think it is surreal he now players for Fulham.

Do Do Dodo Andy Johnson Do Do Dodo Andy Johnson Do Do Dodo Andy Johnson Do Do Dodo Andy Johnson

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

As a gymnast, Gera is a pretty decent midfielder. Woy should tell him that Nani's flips are better than his, and he should cut it out -- he looked in that sense like he was not as young as he once was.

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Wow how bout them Whites! I saw all the coverage I could from Fox Soccer Report and Sky Sports News. Really looking forward to watching the whole game (taping it tomorrow at 08:00 EST). Stinks they couldn't get the feed right, but couldn't have been more happy with the goals, but more importantly keeping up the pace and chances through the 2nd half.

I am one happy fan!

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who is dying to read a Witch Report?????

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I am so with you, SCJ. Oh, and Mike left out one match report -- MINE. Check it out on the front page.

14. psand22

psand22 Member

15. bocanegraMan

bocanegraMan New Member

Re: Bolton

If it's any consolation, I went to the pub at 9 c.t. for it here in Chicago just to find West Ham on. Once again tho, I seemed to be about the only Fulham supporter, unless any others had left already. But hell, at least they got the win.

16. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Bolton

Finally watched the highlights. It is amazing the difference in level of play from this year compared to the last two years.

17. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

From a guy who really hasnt been paying all that much attention to footy at all {so what you gonna do, kick me out?}.....

.. I would like to draw your attention to the difference a good manager can make in a team's performance.
    If I weren't so lazy, I'd write something drawing a parallel between Roy at Fulham and Sigi at the Crew. Difference being Roy made up a coherent team much faster than Sigi did.

But both playing attractive offense and looking more like a unit.

- - - -- - - - - - --
    And a hat tip to Mike... cause now plain URL links can wrap.

18. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Despite being screwed by a Setanta programming change, I caught the highlights on Fox Soccer Report and then recorded the game yesterday morning and watched it.
    I'm thrilled we're getting chances and scoring goals, but what I like seeing most is the amount of effort the boys are putting out every minute they're on the field. Roy's got everyone giving 100% and it's paying huge dividends.
    AJ did very well at stretching the defense and Zamora, in turn, looked much more comfortable.

19. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Fulham fans need to start singing some variation on "Andy Johnson's Magic" . . that one is my favorite.

Like...

Andy Johnson's magic,
    He wears a magic hat,
    And when he sees the matchball,
    He says I'm having that

He scores with his left foot,
    He scores with his right,
    And when he's playing Chelsea
    He scores all fuckin' night

(to the tune of Rule, Britannia!, of course)

Brilliant. :)

20. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i was only able to listen to the first half but what a spectacle GJ laid out for me. He's fantastic!