Fulham v Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Sep 7, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

The second home match of the season and we hope to continue to see the 3 pts flowing our way!

There will be quite a few yanks making it over for this trip, 9 that I know of via this site.

No predictions from me as per usual but a solid performance from us should see the boys through to a win.

Schwarzer

Pantsil -- Hangeman -- Hughes -- Konch

Gera -- Bullard -- Murphy -- Davies

Johnson (debut) -- Zamora

2. DMiller

DMiller New Member

Heres to hoping all the internationals get back for this without any knocks.

Im one of the yanks that will be there and I am already almost giddy with excitement :banana:

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey, I was gong to say that I like your lineup; then I realized that it might mean that AJ is STILL not ready to perform. Please don't let him be this season's Cook!

No Setanta here, so I'll be in the chatroom and hoping for my first audible morning with Gentleman Jim.

We win 2-1, by the way!

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Bolton w/out Jaaskelainen is in trouble, and my guess is they'll play ugly in order to survive. 1-0 for the good guys (Bobby Z), here's hoping AJ gets in and more importantly out unscathed.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

For those of you new to Fulham, this is the kind of match that brings to light the meaning of "Fulhamish". We've come off of an outstanding win over one of the Big 4 (seems like it was eons ago) and we have a team coming in to our crib who most major pundits and most all Fulham fans would agree will be in the mix to avoid relegation. This is the type of match that as fans we all say "this will be a walkover". I only bring this to light because it so happens that this type of match has shown it's ugly head before and the plight known as "Fulhamish" seems to always be lurking behind the door. That said, I expect the Cottage will be rockin our Whites will take home a 1-0 hard fought victory.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Ah good, I was beginning to wonder if we still played football at Fulham. I agree, this is the type of match that makes me nervous. COYW!

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Bolton plays rugby, and ugly rugby at that. Getting through this match without suffering any injuries would be an accomplishment.

8. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Looking forward to this match, i screamed like a little girl after the last win. Feels good to have a win. Thank GOD for Setanta, they keep showing the matches. Anyone gettign together in So Cal anytime soon? Let me know.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

Is it possible... dare I hope it's possible that they're getting good viewership on Fulham matches in the USA and that they might, as a result, keep showing them? :shock: :D

10. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I alway use Bolton as a barometer to our season, we were promoted with them and we have been fairly evenly matched over the years. So if we can stuff them out of sight it will make for a very happy season.

I think we will win 2-0 with one of our goals coming very late and our defence continuing to improve.

The hangman is the ideal player to keep Kevin Davies quite and if we remove him then a big threat is gone. He not only scores but plays as a good target man.

Bolton play counter attacking football so we need to keep posession and not give the ball away in silly places as they will break quick.

If we can control the play in the midfield area we should be able to dominate as we can frustrate Bolton, we will also produce chances down either flank as the back 4 are not the most mobile in the PL.

However, if Jaaskelainen produces another performance against us we could strugle! Damn that Fin. COYW.

11. BarryP

BarryP New Member

*Removed old link*. It is also being reported that Elmander will not be fit for this match.

I am hoping that AJ is fit and we will get to see his debut. Mike's lineup looks good to me. COYW's!

12. Fern72

Fern72 Member

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Fernando, I know we can get a pretty good crowd, but because we're so spread out (Santa Barbara to Banning) it's going to take coordinating. Keep a look out for a LA thread and a pm.

14. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

No such luck, that article is from last March. He's expected to play for Finland tomorrow. Good for us if Elmander is still unavailable, though.

15. americanmike

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Good news indeed. If we can sell out that many sections for Bolton ... .

"John Paintsil's posse; we all are John Paintsil's posse ... ."

Whaddaya think, Mikey? Good chant for Saturday?

17. americanmike

Not a bad shout Donny boy

18. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

There's some technical issues, but Don joins the latest pod. Enjoy!

Also, make sure you subscribe via iTunes.

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

The DirecTV schedule shows WBA v. Spam on Setanta Xtra at 10am EST, so I think the live showing of the FFC match is off.

20. DCDave

DCDave Member

The Setanta web site shows us vs. Bolton on the Setanta Xtra channel for tomorrow, not to mention Fulham vs Blackburn next Saturday and Fulham vs West Ham the Saturday after.

http://www.setantaus.com/en/NA/Our-Schedules/

and click on "Setanta Xtra DIRECTV Only Schedule"