FULHAM V. Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Aug 21, 2006.

1. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

Thanks Heather!

2. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

I am excited about this match, Fulham plays with a lot of passion at the Cottage.

Here's hoping for 3 points today! COYW!

3. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

OK I got a 1 day subscription to work. COYWs!

4. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

The lineup is up on the Match Live Console and the only change is McBride for John

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

McB, sweet!

6. Jux

Jux New Member

The chat window won't launch on my computer here at work (thanks to our wiley IT guys), but I will be following it on Gamecast (the only "streaming" system that hasn't been disabled).

COYWS!!!

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Afraid the chat room isn't working for me either. I log in and it opens for a second then instantly changes to the "this page is not avalible screen" :?:

8. dirtyboy

dirtyboy New Member

Fulham seem to be controlling position and have had some good shots on goal. Lets hope that keeps up in the second half and they bury are couple in the back of the net.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

1-1....We'll take the point.

10. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

Yes definitely good to get the point. Refereeing seemed a bit off but that's just going by Gentleman Jim. Here's hoping for 3 more points on Saturday!

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That was exhausting.

12. Jacob

Jacob New Member

1-1 alrighy, at least chelsea lost lol.

13. DCDave

DCDave Member

GJ is never happy with the referring, so you really can't judge by him. He always think they blew more calls against us than for us. It's one of the quirks that makes him charming. See what the BBC or Sky Sports says.

14. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

just got back from the game, we were all over them, bolton had one shot at goal, and that was the pen!, but from where i was sitting our pen was just as soft, we moved the ball pretty well around the pitch, and had no! major scare's throughtout the night, we really should have taken the pts in this one, defo fancy 3pts agianst sheffield on saturday, 7/10

i also bumped into Mike in the lion and another new yorker (forgot his name allready, must be the beer!) and had a good chinwag, nice bloke for a ny yankee, and thats hard coming from a redsox! :wink:

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Sounds like we should have taken it VonBilly. Assessment of individual performances?

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You're telling me. I had to restrain myself from shouting, clapping, and doing cartwheels in the office. That took a lot of me.

Thankfully we got a point from that match. I think I would have cried if we didn't. Okay, not really cry but I would have been in a very bad mood.

17. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Ok result, hopefully we can get a win this weekend.

18. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I have to say that we played 10 times better than we did on Sunday! That game was controlled by us and we definitely could've taken three points but unfortunately that penalty nearly killed off all hope of 3 points.

Our supporters were great last night, I have to say, and we sang much of the match. Some people started leaving at around the 86th minute but I bet they hadn't now!!

Handball, Jimmy Bullard stepped up and solidified himself as a Fulham Cult Hero, his first goal for the Whites, in the 91st minute to secure a deserved tie and, not sure if you could hear it via the commentary but the whole of the Cottage was singing:

THERE'S ONLY ONE JIMMY BULLARD
    OONNNEEE JIIIIMMMYY BUUULLLARD
    THERE'S ONLY ONE JIMMY BUUULLARRRDD

and

SUPER, SUPER JIM
    SUPER, SUPER JIM
    SUPER, SUPER JIM
    SUPER JIMMY BULLARD

In all fairness, Bolton were crap but there seemed to be little cohesion in our side, they haven't gelled yet and that showed through. Diop was a bit dissapointing and Brown did little as well. Boa played much better, still not his best and not fit though, McBride/Helguson both had good games, winning headers everywhere. Defense also looked really good.

Lastly, if you want to see what the matchday looked like from a Fulham fans point of view, see the photo's below and hit the 'slide show'. Some real great shots.

http://flickr.com/photos/ormondroyd/tag ... s20060823/

19. MartinDavid

MartinDavid New Member

I had a great time at the season opener.... warm beers, the same old crap pies (the new ones aren't available yet), sleepy Riverside Stands, and Billy the Badger. If only FFC could have finished! Brian's great header was unfortunately right at the keeper and HH couldn't convert. The defense looked much better (-Der! without Roo and CRonaldo pushing it down your throat every 2 minutes the defense looked world cup class) and Franck Q seems to be fitting in better and better. Jimmy is THE MAN! We're 2 points behind Chelsea and a win this weekend will get us out of the basement. COYW!!!!

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That was fantastic stuff Mike, especially the PK by us at the end. If there is any way we can regularly incorporate John Hall's pictures into our postgame reviews, I am all for it.