FULHAM V. Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Aug 21, 2006.

1. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

-----------Niemi-------------

Voltz Knight Boca Queudrue

------------Diop--------------
    Radzinski---Bullard-----Boa

-----McBride Helguson-------

2. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I saw some neat bits of info on the BBC preview for the wednesday match.

I was there last season for the 2-1 win, which cemented me as a Fulham fan. I hope they pull it off again tomorrow.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

may the streak continue.

COYWs.

I feel better about tomorrow's game. What time does it start in EST?

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

3:00PM EST Heather.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'm not as worried as most fans believe it or not. I honestly think we got hit so hard so fast that we kind of got stuck in a rut, and by the time we got out the match was out of reach. We can't hit the panic button already, it was one match. two straight wins and everyone will have forgotten about it, and we have our next two at home in our fortress. that said, I don't think Cookie can sit on the same line-up. Look for one or two changes. Here's my lineup:
    GK: Niemi
    D: Volzy Knight Christanval Que
    M: Radz Papa Bullard Boa
    F: McBride HH

Bench:
    Crossley
    Rosie
    Brown
    John
    Boca

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am confident of a win tomorrow over Bolton. I think the team will rebound for the home opener and be ready to play from the first minute. Here is my lineup:

Niemi
    Volz, Knight, Boca, Franck
    Radz Papa Bullard Boa
    John McBride

Prediction: 1-0 Fulham

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I just listened to the Coleman interview on FulhamTV. He said if there are any changes they will be for tactical reasons rather than punishing players for the ManU performance. He was very candid and made no excuses. Said he expected an ugly game tomorrow but that he didn't care if it was ugly. I too don't care if it’s ugly as long as we get a result.

I do feel trying to grind out a victory may not be the way to go as that is what Bolton is good at. We can play quicker more skilled game than they can and I tend to think that’s the way to go, though that doesn’t sound like Coleman will approach it that way. How ever it happens just make it happen, get a win!
    COYW's

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I'm not concerned yet. Fulham was crap away from the Cottage last year, so whatevs. I hope CC doesn't make loads of changes to the defensive line as changing more than one variable at one time makes things difficult to locate the true problem (a scientific way of looking at things I guess). my lineup:

Superhero Niemi
    Rosenior, Knight, Christenval, Queudrue
    Radz, Papa, Bullard, Boa
    John, HH

Prediction: 2-1 Fulham

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Niemi

Rosey, Boca, Christenval, 3 U's

Brown, Papa, Bullard, Boa

McBride, HH

10. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Well the match is a good 7 or so hours away, but I am in good spirits. We will get the result this time. Even if I have to see it via gamecast as I will still be in the office! :x

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Come into the FulhamUSA chat room while following on the Internet. There will surely be quite a few of us in there talking about the match.

12. Jux

Jux New Member

I cleared out my Outlook schedule and hope to be there as well. If only my cube had a door...

13. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

I'm looking at my options for viewing this game...

Does anyone here do Matchlive instead of FulhamTV? I'm thinking I might do the 24 hour access for today's match since I'm at work and can listen to it, and that's got to be $4 better than watching on Gamecast. Anything I should be aware of?

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

They are the same thing. The only difference is with the 24-hour access you don't get to see the video-highlights. But I think the Theoldguy was having trouble signing up for this option. I'm begining to think it's an outdated service that's no longer available, and the matchlive geniuses never got rid of the option. You can try but it might not work--just a heads up.

15. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

Did it still charge him the 4 bucks?

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I don't think so, I think it took him to a page not found or said it was an outdated link or service? Something like that.

17. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

OK it won't let me register for FulhamTV because it says I need to have a UK telephone number... I know there are Americans here who have Fulham TV, what am I doing wrong?

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

When you get to the phone number dialog box, enter your phone number with 1+area code+number with no spaces or dashes. I hope that does the trick.

(ex. 15555555555)

19. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Fulham is back at home where they are dominant and, more importantly, they have the perfect motivation to get the win today. To save face, to show the rest of the EPL that they are no doormats. If they don't get 3 today, they are only going to make it harder on themselves to do well this season. Everything to gain with a win here for Fulham, so I'm confident they'll do better. No clue who will be in the lineup, I just hope the defense will step it up - or at least stop Campo from beating Niemi from 40 yards out like James last Saturday.

Don't just come on, you Cottagers; WIN.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be up to my earlobes in work this afternoon, so I'll miss the match [insert favorite expletive here], but I'll take momentary breaks to check Soccernet for scorelines.

COYW!!! Get some!