FULHAM V. Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Aug 21, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

So where do we go from the Man U. match.

I say we start the same team and, depending how things go, we start making changes alot earlier. If John doesn't perform, put in Brian ASAP.

No prediction from me just yet!

COYW'S

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Boca starts over Pearce. Thank goodness for the "next" game.

1st horrofic result was to weed out the weak fans.

3. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

Week 2 and we are already fighting relegation. I know this is being overly pessimistic but I have a bad feeling about this season. I watched the bolton game and even though their goals were from cheating and luck they still handled the game quite well. I am going to start for chris coleman's ouster already. but no matter what I am rooting for tthem, COYW

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I watched the Bolton game and I was not impressed. Fulham is going to head in to Wednesday's game with a least a good talking to with what needs to be fix. I think that Sunday was the eye opener that we needed to get on the right track. Take away the gold diff and we are tied for 3rd! Black and White!

5. SCFulhamFan

and when I say fix I mean fixed and when I say gold I mean goal. Note to self... get coffee before posting. :lol:

6. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

i think if it isn't fixed then that is a good indication of colemans coaching prowess.

7. MartinDavid

MartinDavid New Member

I was at Old Trafford Sunday and the thing that scared me more than even the result was the team's lack of cohesion. Obviously being embarrassed by that furious onslaught is going to wreak havoc on the team in every way, but Fulham seemed to be leaderless, Boa certainly didn’t seem like a captain. Hopefully this is all remedied with a couple of quality games.

And so my hope for Wednesday night is to see the team together, excited and hard working. Boa leading the team and Jimmy dishing and setting plays. (I love Boa Morte so don’t think this something I say lightly about him.)

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, only looking forward. We're only three points out of first place!!!

Okay, that didn't even convince me.

Bolton: I think that Volz and Boca have to come in for Pearce and Liam. I think that you start Brian with CJ and be ready with HH or TR to spell who isn't moving it. I think that you take the initiative. While it's too early to talk about replacing Boa [I'm a huge fan], I think that you let Bullard take control of the game.

With all those things in mind, and having watched Bolton on Saturday, I'll say FFC 2 Bolton 0, and we're mid-table for Sheff Utd.

Teams?
    Forcasts?
    Stock tips?

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

My team:

----------------Niemi----
    ---Volz--Knight/Christenval?---Boca---Q---
    ---Liam/Radz?---Bullard---Diop---Boa--
    ---------------HH---BM

Err...I'm not thilled about this team. Give Brown some time to cool off.

Teams? Fulham, of course
    Forcasts? Sunny, high 80s
    Stock tips? All out, sorry.

10. Yo_Adrian

Yo_Adrian New Member

Yesterday was brutal, without a doubt. But I'm not feeling pessimistic yet, & I'm definitely not thinking thoughts of relegation.

We were certainly hoping for a better performance, but at the same time I was not holding my breath for a win, or even a draw. Man U dominated the game, and we all know teams tend to panic and lose their game when that happens.. the lack of defense displayed yesterday doesn't necessarily reflect the potential of the whites when playing clubs outside of the top 5 in the league.

I bet we'll see a far better match on Wednesday, I agree with fulhamvt, the goals Bolton scored were because of cheating and luck.. that jersey pull should have been seen, and I doubt we'll see anymore crazy goals like the long distance Campo shot.

Does anyone know if CC plans to start Brian in any matches this season?

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Brian will definitely be starting some games this season but due to the tough World Cup, he is slowly getting him involved.

12. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

14. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

15. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Right to Left:

GK: Niemi

D: Rosenior - Christenval - Knight (Boca) - Queudrue

DM: Diop
    MM: Brown - Bullard - Boa
    FM: Radzinski

F: McBride (John/Helguson)

16. SCFulhamFan

That brings up a good point, has Coleman made any mention to keeping the straight lined 4-4-2 or have we practiced a diamond (like FFCinPCB suggests) or other shaped 4-4-2?

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's my experience that managers HATE discussing formations.

18. Yo_Adrian

Yo_Adrian New Member

Well that's good news, hopefully he's start getting him involved more.. he's a great player than can definitely produce results despite our national team performance in Germany.

That pic is insane.. one of the most memorable moments of the cup

19. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Say what you like about the Bolton performance, fact is they won. They have never been a team to win pretty, why should they their talent is minimal, but the bottom line is they win and they do it more often then Fulham. They beat a very good team in Tottenham and there is no way I'm taking them lightly.

Jensen available? I read a few days ago that he might be. This is my starting eleven.

----Iceman-McBride----
    ------------Boa--------
    --Jensen--Diop--Bullard---
    Q-Christanval-Boca-Volzy
    -----------Nemi----------

Bench:
    Pembo
    Crossley
    Rosienor
    Runstrom
    Radz

If Claus is unavailable or not 100% then I'd put Pembo in his place. I really like Pembridge and think he's very under rated :D

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am quite certain Pembridge is out. He has a calf injury and will be out at least another two matches if memory serves me correctly.