Fulham v. Aston Villa

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by bearzfan4lfe, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Beautiful insanity.

Lovin' every minute of it. (Watchin' replay right now!)

3. jmh

jmh New Member

YES JIMMY BULLARD! :D

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

It's an amazing thing, this winning business.

:banana:

5. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Finally saw the highlights. HUGE win.

Some of the best footy I have seen Fulham play all year.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

The happiest I've been in a long, long time and the most atmosphere I've had at a Fulham match ever!

I saw a quick clip of the Fulham fans sining, chanting and dancing and I was most definitely one of them. Someone get that on youtube!

At 0-1 I thought the season was coming to a close and relegation was a certainty. At 2-1 it ws ecstasy and I've never seen a place rock like that. Great on our boys and great on our fans.

7. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I Gotta add my two pennies worth, I thought this team showed great commitment throughout the whole game and Bullard for me was MOTM. Not sure if anyone else noticed but there was only FOUR Shots on goal the whole game Fulham scored Three goals with those shots IF You count the own goal as a shot?

One commantator mentioned that Bullard and Baird got in to it at practise on Thursday that tells me also that the PASSION is back.

I got to tell you I DID Cry at the end that's how emotionally it got to me.

COYW'S

8. americanmike

9. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

RE: Fulham-Villa Highlights

Everyone at work knows I'm a Fulham supporter and sometimes they even check the scores to see what kind of mood I will be in the next day.

Today is the first Monday in a loooooooong time when I have good news for them. Some are even coming up to me and asking me about the free kick Bullard took...and yes all before a word is said about the Super What???

Oh yeah football is dead to me without the Bears in it...Oh what a glorious week and happy message board it will be.

Jimmy Bullard Bullard!!!

COYW

10. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

If Baird hadn't made that clearance, Agbonhalor surely would have scored. It was unfortunate that it went right to a Villa player, but I don't think he had much time to pick out a target.

11. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

agreed...Baird didn't play well and he put himself into a lot of those difficult situations but he did well to save himself.

He would be the obvious choice to take out of defense long with Murphy out of the midfield once the full compliment of transfers arrives and gets acclimated. And possibly Hughes out of defense as well although that own goal was earned by Villa, they caught us and it would have been finished off by Villa if not by Hughes.

I can't wait to see how this team plays once Roy figures out exactly what lineup he wants...they've come a long way but I know he's not finished tinkering, just a few more adjustments and it's up the table we go!

COYW!!!

12. psand22

psand22 Member

It was great to see the team play a full match with heart and desire. Davies and Bully were all over the place. That kind of play is contagious and led to a fabulous win for the whole Fulham Family.

13. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Watching at the critical moment of the bullard's free kick I told my wife:

"Watch, Bullard is going to step up and turn everyone else away... He has been doing this since he came back into the squad - He wont let anyone else have a go and he has not had a strike even come close."

As I finished this sentence he pounded it around the wall and into the back of the net!

My wife said, "Shows what you know."

I was happy to be wrong, and really glad to see his relief of shaking the dust off and having a game that is starting to show that he will get back to top form.

Glad to hear about the fight at practice as well. Means that Bullard is hammering people in training - getting em fired up!

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

King Jimmy!

we never needed Marlon...we got our own King in Jimmy Bullard. For those of you who didn't get to see Jimmy before his injury you got a taste in this match. Just like the commentators said on more then one occasion the man is everywhere on the pitch, and at the center of almost all of our attacks. Check out these highlights Mike posted...the best part of it all is Jimmy hugging the ref at the end of the match. Check it out! Long live the King!!!

15. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

King Bullard

Wow what a great, game what a great win! Let off a lot of angst and frustration when Jimmy nailed that fk.

Hageland is awesome and Nemi played one of his best matches. Overall we looked like a very solid and competent team. Lets keep going forward. COYW'SSSSSSssss

16. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

RE: King Bullard

Even in a win, we can't stop piling on Baird. I thought he was GOOD yesterday. That's right, GOOD. He made some good tackles and some crucial clearances. He's not going to win every ball and he's not going to win too many sprints with wingers, but I thought he was solid.

I was really fired up by the end of that match. A terrific win and a shocker to me. I was positive we'd lose. COYW!! Keep it going at Boro!!

17. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Re: RE: King Bullard

I said that Baird did a fine job considering that Villa never put one in the back of the net...however he did play himself into most of the situations that made him look GOOD...

So I agree 100% that Baird was GOOD in a match when everyone else on the pitch for us was GREAT...with exception of Murphy who was TERRIBLE...

Great game and great time to be a Fulham supporter but we can't let off at 'Boro or we will all be singing a different tune next week on these boards...I know RH will be looking for the little bit of bad amongst the greater good of this game which has me confident we won't let down and will come out even better next week.

COYW!

18. americanmike

A couple of pictures from the match:

Who's the giant? HANGELAND!
    [​IMG]

Look at the faces behind the goal. QUALITY.

[​IMG]

19. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

outstanding pics Mike. Thanks

20. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Quality pictures is an accurate statement!

From the looks of the first picture Dempsey must have been our tallest player on the pitch pre-Hangeland. On TV Hangeland looks kind of skinny but in that picture he does not look like he will be easily pushed around.

I don't know who took the second picture but it is priceless!