Fulham v. Arsenal

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Team_of_McBrides, Aug 18, 2008.

1. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I am so in love with our boys...today was fabulosa!!!!

Hangeland, oh Hangeland
    That goal against the Gooners was grand!
    If I had it all to do over again,
    I'd do Hangeland, that goal-striking man!!!

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

This is so clever, that I plan on ripping it off. I wish I had thought of it.

3. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Here's 2 bananas for 2 weeks in a row of not being in the relegation zone

:banana: :banana:

4. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Beauitful performance. The midfield played sooooooo well. Although Bobby Zamora was a little dissappointing. I thought everyone else did great though. Backline was solid as a rock.

5. psand22

psand22 Member

It's been a fabulous day. I think Arsenal thought they could walk into the Cottage and grab an easy 3 points, but Roy had the Whites ready to play and Wow!!! A clean sheet in only the second week of the season. Hopefully, we can turn the Cottage back into a fortress and grab the majority of those home points.

6. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

nice win!

of course, it confirms that the less attention I pay to Fulham - the better they do. I go to the mountains for a day - they knock off the Arse. sweet.

(also a nice week to have Hangeland starting on my fantasy team...)

Look forward to hearing the gooners whine/moan this week. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch...

7. jmh

jmh New Member

I was pretty impressed with Seol (wait, what? did I just type that?) and if Andy Johnson were ready to play next week (which I don't believe is the case, but if) I might be tempted to put him in for Zamora and leave Seol in the lineup.

Like everyone else, my heart skipped a few beats when Baird came on, but he was fine. Kallio did a pretty good job at left back as well.

Bullard looked a little bit lost I thought. Davies too. Both tracked back well to defend but didn't look great attacking.

Hey, so we caught Arsenal on a bad day, no shame in that. :)

AND IT'S SUPER FULHAM
    SUPER FULHAM FC
    WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM
    THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN

8. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

I have waited to wake up to be sure that I hadn't dream.
    We actually beat Arsenal, with a perfect game, and Pantsill was actually the MOT.
    It's one of those days that football seems a beautiful game. :D

9. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Uhhhhh...VIDEOTAPE!! :D

10. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

MOTM? It is tough, but I will have to go with Pantsil. He was far and above improved from the Hull match, kept up with Clichy the entire match, got forward well and didn't get caught out that often.

Another questions... Does anyone feel that Dempsey has been unjustly demoted to the bench? With a performance like that, I believe it is completely justified. Jimmy, Murphy, Gera and Davies all did tremendously well. Can't argue with Woy's tactics.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No. I think that Dempsey has been used to spell Seol who is really on form at the moment. The only midfielder who is playing poorly so far is Gera. But we have no left sided player at the moment to spell him.

I think that Dempsey gets more playing time when Seol goes off the boil. What will be interesting is to see the lineup against Leicester City.

Speaking of which, where's the Carling Cup 2nd round v. The Foxes thread?

12. andyns

andyns New Member

13. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Terrific result, but I nearly had a stroke along the way.

14. jmh

jmh New Member

15. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Good choice, he has had two really good matches so far but in the match I lean towards Murphy. Murphy's tackling and work rate in the first half, I believe, set the tone for the team and kept them enthusiastically in the game, especially while they were under serious pressure in the second half of the second half. I had no idea Murphy could play that role, cause I have never seen him do it before. I can only guess it was a tactical decision to disrupt the young Arsenal midfielders. His contribution again, I thought, had the most impact.

16. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Okay, so I finally have a chance to discuss yesterdays match.

And holy crap what a match it was.

Murphy made Denilson his bitch.
    Bullard was all over the place -- I didn't know he could play defense so well.
    Kallio is a good defender, not a good through-ball passer.
    What the hell happened to Seol? No, seriously, when did he remember he could actually play.
    If Pantsil gets suspended, I'm going to be quite upset. He's been a revelation.
    Although Fulham played extremely well, Arsenal played absolute rubbish.
    Our passing is superb.

I'm happy. :)

17. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Before I head out, just wanted to make a quick note that half way through the first half the Brian McBride song was sung. A tribute to a Fulham hero.

18. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

"Horror tackle" is a little extreme. I don't think the intent was there at all, it looked like an accident to me. Also, I would like to know who made Eboue's shin guards, so I can avoid that brand like the plague.

19. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

MOTM: my vote is for Murphy..he found his inner defensive midfielder

Dempsey: like Woy waid, it was a tough match to come in as a sub. I think Dempsey starting is a match for Seol (Dempsey is a bit more creative, Seol is a bit harder tackling), but in a game of that intensity, it's tough to come off the bench and be able to match it.

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Just an all around good 90 minute performance coupled with a less than on Arsenal. Terrific result. And I think its kind of funny Hageland ended up scoring with his foot.

Also Schwarzer looked the part to day, much better.

MOTM; Hageland