Fulham v. Arsenal

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Team_of_McBrides, Aug 18, 2008.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Re: RE: Fulham v. Arsenal

Fulham will play much better, but ultimately lose to the Arsenal. Arsenal is too good and I would be rather happy with a good performance even if we lose.

2. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

F5 is what you hit to refresh your screen on your computer, many of us wore out the F5 button during the AJ 3-4 week 'signing escapade' trying to see if the news would finally be a confirmed signing....thus AJ=F5

3. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

God I miss this place...

...2-0 to the Fulham

UP FULHAM!!!!!!!!!

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The place hasn't been the same w/out the Belle avatar...

I don't think the lads will come away empty handed, but 1 point seems far more likely than 3.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

welcome back, Belle; we've all missed you!

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

What Don said... PLUS: What result would truly be Fulhamish?!!

2-1 FFC

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Sources from Motspur Park are saying that F5 has completed a full training session and could possibly be picked by Roy.

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I hope he is fully healed if he is in the squad. As anxious as I am to see him take the pitch for Fulham I would rather wait another week than press him into service to soon.

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

If F5 is in the starting XI, I believe our chances of getting something out of the match is vastly improved. Pace, which is something Fulham has been needing for quite some time, will allow Fulham to keep Arsenal's defense honest and not get involved too much in the attack.

Can't wait for this weekend. I've got a Gooner fan who is going to watch the match with me and his ears will be ringnig with "When the Whites go marching in and We are Fulham" by the end of the match.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

AJ is a major pain in the ass to defenses. He's quick, fast, and a strong little bugger for his size. He also has Dempsey's laudable tendency to not back down from a larger defender. What's the best thing about a pain-in-the-ass? Having him on your side!

If he's fully mobile and match-day fit, we might enjoy this match on Saturday.

11. LOBO

LOBO New Member

I'm liking this lineup and strategy Don.
    In my view, Fulham's biggest problem against Hull was the inability to control the midfield. Bullard alongside Murphy didn't seem to work to well.
    Inserting Andreassen and Dempsey where you've indicated gives the team some bite in the middle of the park. Setting the tone early will be key.
    Your substitute strategy is also very sound, but whatever is decided upon I just hope it is done before the 80th minute this time.

12. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

This may have been commented on already however I watched the Arsenal/West Brom match last night and I walked away feeling that with a good effort we could take a point. Arsenal still Arsenal, however they did not seem to be as potent on their attack as I remember last year. Their flowing pass control attack was still evident however they didn't seem to create as many opportunities with it although they spend alot time on the West Brom half. I couldn't tell if it was just good 'deep' defending by West Brom, or Arsenal lacked just a tad of play making around the box that they seemed to have last year.

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

14. jmh

jmh New Member

If I'm not mistaken, isn't part of the reason for this that Arsenal have a bunch of guys injured or just recovering from injury at the moment? If so, this is probably as good a time as any to be playing them.

15. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

16. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

From Sky Sports... "Cesc Fabregas (hamstring), Abou Diaby (thigh), Philippe Senderos (hamstring), Amaury Bischoff (groin), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) and striker Eduardo (leg) all still sidelined."

Needless to say they are hurting, but their depth will provide relief for most of their injury problems.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yes, but as you know, Kev, there's no replacement for Fabregas or Rosicky. We need to get in their faces tomorrow!

18. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Agreed ... if ever there was an opportunity to steal one from a big four club it's this coming Saturday.
    I honestly believe that if Fulham come out and really want the win then they can get it.
    First home game of the season for the Whites ... this would be a great opportunity to step up and make everyone think that last week might have been the fluke.
    At the very least I think they'll give a good account of themselves ... at the overly-optimistic most I'll tip them to win 2-1 with goals coming from Zamora and Gera.
    Hope they prove me right! COYW!

19. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I am reverting back to last years form. Therefore, no predictions on lineups or scores just a great big COYW's!

20. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

I'm just worried that if we get tonked 3-0, that we'll lose all the good press and "sleeper" status we earned with our good offseason, and we'll quickly get back to "against Fulham? thats a win?" status.

Maybe we play better from an underdog role (ahem, last year), but I was enjoying everyone not quickly slagging off our Whites for once.

I'm hoping we show well and we see the beginnings of good link-up play in the midfield, as our new guys continue to gel, but i predict we ultimately lose 1-2.