Fulham Transfer Rumours Summer 2005

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, May 18, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Some new links...

I must admit that I am a bit worried about the stalling of the Rene Aufhauser signing. I read early last week he for surely coming our way, but since then, I have heard nothing. This worries me. I really hope we can get this guy.

2. martin

martin New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Some new links...

He has also been linked with Everton. I hope they don't box us out on this one.

Any truth to the rumor that Claus Jensen is contemplating a move? From Clubcall (had trouble pasting the link):

That would be a tough loss. I don't understand his point about not fitting into CC's plans. I seem to remember CC raving about his class, "velvet feet", etc. whenever he played.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Some new links...

I can't see this happening. I do not know how he can make a fair judgement of life at the Cottage when he only played 10 games.

Claus has nothing to be pissed about. He was always injured and because of that, we lacked quality in that position. Cookie is simply trying to make sure we will be covered in that position in case of injuries and such.

Jensen will have to work for his spot in the team. I hope he stays as I think we have yet to see even close to his best while with Fulham. I will be surprised if he leaves.

4. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Some new links...

Rumours that Gollum wants to sign him for Everton.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Some new links...

Fulham are now being freshly linked with Czech International striker Tomas Jun. He lead the Czech league in goals last season and he is only 22-years-old. From what SkySports is reporting, Sparta Prague is asking for about 2.7 million pounds which is over what Fulham would normally pay for someone.

Unfortunately, I have never seen him play and I do not know much about him. I will have to do some research if we indeed sign this guy. With us even being linked to another striker, is this the end for Andy Cole at the Cottage? We will soon find out.

6. Stapes

Stapes New Member

I think he will do well for the team. It is great to have a young goal scorer like Jun linked with Fulham. If all works well, the sky is the limit.

7. AGreen16

AGreen16 Member

If Coleman is interested in the this Czech player who is rated at 2.7 milpounds . I think he should offer the seven million and then the further seven hundred thousand in performance based bonuses and see if that would acomplish the desired effect.
    I thnk McBride would bea great captain. I think hte attitude that he has is a great example to the younger players and they would do well to addopt the same attitude. Maybe try and groom Liam as the the captain once McBride leaves..

8. martin

martin New Member

Fulham missed out on Paul Konchesky, who has signed with West Ham. Seems like the entire league is looking for left backs. Who is still out there?

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham need defenders not forwards. Fulham need a LB and Central defender. They conceded something like 58 goals last season and that was with VDS as the Keeper.Gabbidon would be a great signing but, he could be going to West Ham. Also If Fulham get Jun what happens to Hammond? Is he ever gonna get a chance to play? He had 6 goals to save RBC from Relegation. When he did play last season he had an assist against Chelsea.He played well for reserves and did ok at RBC he should get a chance to play in the Premiership.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

True... to build a "strikeForce" you need to have an attacking group that knows each other forwards and backwards. {sic}

This SHOULD include someone in mid that can see the play before it happens and send the ball to the proper spot while the striker gets there. This aint gonna happen by running a different setup every game.

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

According to SkySports.com, Steve Marlet looks likely to be staying with Fulham this season. There were moves on the table to Charlton, Lille, Auxerre and a lucrative deal in Qatar, but Marlet passed on all of them.

I am not sure how he will fit into Cookie's plans. If this guy did however get it together, he could be a big factor for Fulham this season. I would not be surprised to see him get shipped off in January or possibly even in late August.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham are linked with Stoke Keeper Steve Simonsen. Do Fulham know they need defenders?We have been linked with Keepers Forwards Midfielders but, have not signed a defender yet. Even when Fulham are linked with defenders they choose other clubs.Knight might of had a good 2nd half but, what about when he was basically playing for the other teams in the first half of the season. Boca hasnt played at Center Defender in what 2 years and Goma is gonna be 33. Leacock and Fontaine are supposed to be Class but, are they ready for the Premiership? Fulham have done really well keeping their best players but, to compete for UEFA they still need at least a Central Defender and maybe another LB.

13. pettyfog

Maybe CC will put Marlet at LB!!!???

14. martin

martin New Member

Blackburn announced today that they have signed Welsh headcase Craig Bellamy. Does this end their interest in Andy Cole?

15. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Rene Aufahuser is on trial with Everton. Also Fulham are interested in Juventus Midfielder Enzo Maresca. Fulham could get him on a Loan term Loan but, Juve might want 4 Mil(Euro).He played with Fiorentina this season and did well. Alot of people say he is a great player but, might not be in Capello's plans at Juve.

16. My_Left_Foot

My_Left_Foot New Member

The Bellamy transfer is slightly worrying in that it means Souness now has a bit more money to spend. But unless they offer Boa absolutely ridiculous money in wages, he won't want to go and have the vile, small-minded, whinging Souness as his manager. A quick chat with Andy Cole should be enough to clear that one up if necessary.

If Boa does want to go, however, he will go, but we should not let him go cheaply by any means - we should hold out for a significant chunk of the ?6m they got in transfer fees for Bellamy. I mean, who do think is more valuable to have in your side: Our Boa or that spoilt brat Bellamy?

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham are trying to get Liedson from Sporting Lisbon. He had 25 GOALS for Sporting last season with like 9 of those in the UEFA Cup.He still could go back to Sporting Lisbon though.

18. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Marlet should get the Bootboy job it's all he's good for.

LB as in Linebacker Pettyfog?

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham are interested in Traianos Dellas from Roma Portsmouth are also interested. He would be available on a free transfer and is an ok defender. Fulham are also interested in Rodolph Douala from Sporting Lisbon. He is a Right winger and is very fast. He had like 12 goals for Sporting last season.

20. pettyfog

No, Martin..Left Behind!
    :)