Fulham Transfer Rumours Summer 2005

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, May 18, 2005.

1. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: GK????

excellent, that lets us keep Dead Snake then

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: GK????

well, it doesn't seem he's rated very highly by Cardiff supporters. but if it allows us to our more talented players, then I guess it's okay with me.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GK????

I think cookie should call DCHeather before all transfers are made...this would allow her to give her permission on all the ins and outs of FFC!!! :D :D :D

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GK????

I had a feeling this comment was going to be made :lol:

5. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GK????

All in good fun my friend...welcome to FUSA. :wink:

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Alot of Cardiff fans are just laughing about this. They say hes absolutley horrible and stuff like that. Some of the Cardiff fans though say hes a good shot stopper.Maybe this move is just to have someone as the #2 at Fulham until Crossley and Drobny can play. Beause really why get a #2 keeper from a team that almost got relegated from the Championship to start for a team in the Premiership?

7. rumstove

rumstove New Member

8. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

yes, a little worrying when warner's own fans have nicknamed him 'calamity warner'...hmmmmm...

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Diop has not played in one preseason game because of this thigh strain. I am wondering if the injury is more serious than the club is leading on. They say he will likely miss the first two matches, but I am going to guess we will not see him until September at the earliest. In addition to that, he will be out of match fitness and need some time to recover and get into playing shape. That does not bode well. Remember Steed last season? He never fully found his fitness after a preseason injury. I am hoping for the best with Papa.

I think Warner will start in goal tomorrow. I think that is one of the main reasons Coleman went out and signed him. I do not think he wants to put all the pressure on Batista, who is only 18-years-old. While I am not convinced Warner is our answer, he is a stop gap until Crossley and Drobny can make it back. Once again, I am hoping for the best tomorrow from Warner.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Toon raise bid for Boa
    Only good business.. while would an unwilling seller accept installments?!!!!

11. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Toon raise bid for Boa[/url]
    Only good business.. while would an unwilling seller accept installments?!!!![/quote]

Because it's FULHAM...

12. rumstove

rumstove New Member

courtesy of bbc website gossip column:

Fulham have been alerted by Luton boss Mike Newell's admission that he will struggle to keep defender Curtis Davies at Kenilworth Road. (The Sun)

Fulham are to give winger Luis Boa Morte a ?5,000-per-week pay rise to keep him at Craven Cottage. (The Sun)

13. americanmike

I have just read about this kid Curtis Davies. I guess his step up from Division 1 to the championship was a remarkably easy one. I wouldn't mind bringing in another defender...albeit a young one.

14. americanmike

Fulham make bid

I can't believe this hasn't been discussed yet, but Fulham have put in a 5 million pound bid for Petrov of Celtic. It has been rejected but it is heard that Fulham will put in an increased bid.

I guess Chris has been saving for some time, I didn't think we had that buying power.

DISCUSS

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: Fulham make bid

This news baffles me. If we have 5 million to spend, why didn't we use it earlier this summer on some bigger, better players.

Another thing is that if we are going to spend 5 million, which is way, way, way over what we would ever spend on a player, why the hell are we going to blow it all with one suspect signing?

What has Stilian Petrov ever done that makes him so great? I have seen Celtic play a number of times and he never has stood out to be as a workhorse or worth 5 million.

If we have this money, we need to go buy two players at between 2-3 million a piece and bolster the defense and the midfield.

Petrov is not the 5 million pound answer in my opinion, but an injection of 5 million pounds into the club for some other players would help a lot and go along way in showing the club's amibition and desire to not just survive in the Premiership, but compete.

16. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: Fulham make bid

They can pay Jim with that 5 million and let us listen to him for free

17. Jux

Jux New Member

A few sites are speculating that this would only happen if Fulham were able to sell Steed to Lyon. I did have a link from the BBC, but this is the "best" on I could find a few minutes ago.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football_spl. ... 1822642005

From here, it would sound like the money raised from Steed's sale would offset the purchase (please correct me if I am wrong on this).

I agree with you Tom, I'm not really sure it would be worth it.

18. sfm

sfm Member

Spot on. Our attacking options could be better but not so bad really and our Midfield is quality in my opinion. But ZatnZesh must end and soon! There has to be a credible CB somewhere to fill in for Goma, even if on a loan deal and particularly if MAF has suddenly given a ?5 mm budget.

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Fulham is still being linked with center-half Boldo Balde of Celtic and Stilian Petrov. Rumours were swirling on T-F-I.com that these two were at Motspur Park working out contracts. I am not sure if I believe that, but it would be nice to get these two in the mix for us.

I was talking with a big Celtic supporter this weekend and he had nothing but praise for Petrov. He said he is the heart and soul of their team and he is going to be devastated if they lose him.

Let's hope something happens positive for us in the next 24 hours.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I like Petrov quite a bit. But I can't see Celtic letting him go, they're trying to build the team around him. Maybe they are desperate for cash? But isn't that the predicament we're in?