Fulham @ Tottenham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Dec 24, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well my friends, things are getting interesting at our club and no one can deny that every game is important.

We are now away to Tottenham, a team with loads and loads of talent and just finding their form. Our saving grace? The fact that Spurs are very deflated from the match vs. Arse.

COYWs

2. jlough

jlough New Member

I would like to see a line up much like the one at the end of the Wigan match. With one exception, Bouazza instead of Kuqi. Niemi, Omozusi (Baird if O is injured), Hughes, Boca, Konchesky, Murphy, Davies, Bouazza, Dempsey with Healy and Kamara up front.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's what I'd like to see:

--------- Niemi [get well soon, Kasey] --------

Volz --- Hughes -- Boca -- PK

------------ Smertin ------------
    Davies ---------------- Boazza
    ---------- Dempsey -----------

---- Healy ---- Kamara ------

If Smertin and Volz are still injured, use Baird and Davis.

It would be nice if the bench could include Jimmy the Bull.

Spurs are weak devensively on their right side, and Robinson is a nightmare. Lot's of stuff through the left to Boazza and PK, and a bit of pressure on their D.

Get some Spurs!

4. Fern72

Fern72 Member

like the line up HatterDon, i believe that is probably our best line up. Boazza has some set of wheels, but her needs to turn it up field, and up the middle of the pitch. Im not sold on Kuqi, but i do like his effort.

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Don, as always you throw out the best XI that Fulham has to offer, but if Omozusi is healthy he warrants a start with Volzy coming on later.

Fulham needs to approach this match with an attack mentality. Robinson is the obvious weak point in this side and Fulham need to pepper him with as many shots as possible, because he will definitely make an error.

Loved the intent I saw in the Wigan match and if Fulham had a little more luck the match would of ended with Fulham earning 3 points. Winnable match for Fulham, but I would be happy with a point.

COYW's

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I really have no idea about this match.

Ramos has his squad playing well, and we're terrible on the road. But then they're still Spurs, and Fulham played great attacking football against Wigan. I normally would complain about the incessant Davis/Murphy pairing, but did anyone see Davis shoot last match? I almost crapped myself!

I'll settle for a point, but who knows what'll happen.

7. EricD

EricD New Member

Davis did shoot and I think he got a corner out of it. I was completely surprised.
    I like Don's lineup. I wish they would Deuce the shot at the center of the midfield.
    Kamara better figure it out soon.

8. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Kamara does better with the short passing game, so there is hope there. I think Healy is a bit more of a question mark now that we're not playing long-ball.

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Doin my best to keep the faith in these trying times but I haven't decided if I'll be able to wake up and drag myself to the pub for tomorrow's match. A draw would be nice and a win would feel like a revolution. Hoping for the best!

10. jmh

jmh New Member

If Omozusi is healthy, it'll be very interesting to see how he does, because if I recall correctly Spurs had a lot of success attacking down their left flank in the first match this season.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be in the chat room listening to Gentleman Jim. 0700 is little extreme for Boxing Day, so I suppose there won't be a lot of West Coasters, but I hope to "see" some of you there.

COYW!

12. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I'm waiting to watch the game on Setanta so I won't be in the chatroom. Apologies.

13. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I'm in the same boat as Lyle. Enjoy the match and much respect to all that get up for the match at the crack of dawn.

COYW's

14. psand22

psand22 Member

The Spurs can score, but they also give up a lot of goals. Let's hope we come out an attack. I like the way Lewington was pulling the strings and trying to encourage the team from the bench. We should of beaten Wigan, but we showed some heart in coming back with the equalizer. Let's build on the new found "freedom". I'm looking for it to be 2-2.

15. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Injuries and suspensions for Spurs will make a large impact...

But Keane and Berba will save their bacon.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

17. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

WHY IS CHRIS BAIRD STILL PLAYING?!?!?

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Ugly as a militant feminist

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Everyone needs to look Fulham's match stats...they're mind boggling.

8 shots
    5 corner kicks
    zero offsides
    17 fouls, 4 yellow cards, 1 red

SO HOW THE HELL DID SPURS GET 5 GOALS????

In relation to the past two months this result makes one not only embarrassed, but raises the question of why one even bothers being a fan.

Unless things turn around quickly, Fulham is now officially the Charlton of last season.

20. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

It's getting ugly. I was all about taking our time in selecting the new manager and getting the right person, but we need to get someone in there that can fix this mess during the January window. We also need to quit getting all of these championship players and get guys who can cut it at this level. I'm sick of the thought of relegation.