Fulham to sign Thatcher

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFC24, Jan 16, 2005.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham are supposed to sign Ben Thatcher from Man City.Thacher is an ok player and could help this defense. He could help because now Boca can move back to Central defense. Boca should do much better in the center of defense.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

He might help back there. He brings a little experience for sure. I am not sure if he is the answer but I am all for giving him a shot. If he is consistently solid, I will not complain. We need some stability back there. Even today, there were a few incidents in which we looled shaky back there. Perhaps Thatcher can tighten things up.
    I also heard Matt Fish was coming our way.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: Fulham to sign Thatcher

I'm find that many fans don't want to see him come...and that they want more of a bigger/better signing. Your thoughts?!

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: Fulham to sign Thatcher

While I do not think Ben Thatcher is the be all end all signing for Fulham, I do think he would be an improvement in the back. Somtimes I think people have unrealistic expectations in the January window. I mean, I think most teams overpay for players in January and the last thing we need to do is over pay for a player or two that do not produce. Ben Thatcher will add some experience and depth to the back that we sorely need. He is not expensive I think it is a good signing.

While there may be better players out there, they are not that easy to sign and bring in here. Sometimes I think people feel signing a player is like snapping your fingers and it just happens, but it is not like that. Thatcher will help and if we get another player or two in January hopefully they can help.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Thatcher is a good player to sign.I mean he probably isnt gonna be 8 mil and if Fulham sign this means that Boca can move to central defense.With Goma coming back and Boca going to central defense this defense just got much much better.Volz is a good player plus if he has a bad match Fulham can put Rosenior in the match.Still Fulham should go out and sign a couple more players maybe a central defender and a forward or Right midfielder.