Fulham to play preseason in Jax 2014

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by boa3532, Jul 19, 2013.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

My guess is that most Jags season ticket holders won't show up early for the Fulham match (especially since they won't feel like they're losing or wasting money by missing out on part of the festivities). Therefore if you go to the match, just head right down close and find some empty seats. You can go back up to your own seats for the concert.

2. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

There is a FoF member, Don (love4ffc) arranging buying a block of tickets tomorrow (Friday 6th June) when they go on general sale at 10am.

If you are interested in getting a ticket then you can email him on love4nc@gmail.com before he buys, and he will sort it out with you. We have been looking at 50-60 dollar tickets, and will be arranging a hotel over the weekend. Presently we have a dozen from FoF, but the more the merrier.

Considering the club have done sod all for us overseas fans, they are likely to get some strongly worded complaints after this - pathetic doesn't even cut it for the way they treat their fans - if this is the future for the way Khans Fulham will handle such things, then he can stick his money where the sun don't shine. First we get relegated and then this - on top of the Brede nonsense and the rest of the players being released.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Matt from the Fulham in Florida group has been talking to Jacksonville officials about a block for Fulham fans. He says the talks have been pretty good, but nothing official has been happened yet.

Edit: Sorry, just read the comments in their Facebook section. The Pre-sale tickets will be for seats scattered throughout the stadium, so it will be pick and choose from what's leftover. They're hoping next year they will be able to plan this better for Fulham only sections.

4. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

Who would be ;They're' and 'they' in this case DC?

5. Andersons11

Andersons11 Member

This whole thing reaks terribly, hopefully we are allowed to roam a bit more to get together to meet up. Im sure all of us will be easily identifiable by the crazed look in our eyes.............. But i do agree, these past few weeks havent been good for Fulham in all aspects.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

They're=Fulham in Florida group and they=would be Jaguar and Everbank event staff and officials. I think Jaguars officials might be clueless with the soccer (football) traditions of specific seating for supporter groups. It is something you don't come across too often for an American sporting venues to have specific seating areas for different supporters. The only place I've come across them is at soccer events.

7. FFCJag

FFCJag New Member

As a Fulham fan and Jaguars season ticket holder I'm excited the Jags gave us our seats as part of our season ticket price, but I understand the frustration for FFC fans. I suppose if the show were on the other foot (in some sort of circumstance that made sense) I would not expect FFC season ticket holders to move out of my way at the Cottage. I'd kind of expect Khan to favor his FFC season ticket holders at the Cottage and his Jags season ticket holders in Jacksonville.

Hopefully next year they take heed of your complaints and instead offer the tickets in advance to the Jags season ticket holders, who will turn them down and then they can open up more (and better) seats to the soccer fans. I agree that many of the American football fans won't show for the soccer game - their loss.

Based upon how they operate the stadium for Jag games they will likely allow you to move to the lowest open seats in the level you have a ticket for, but not all the way down.

REALLY looking forward to seeing the team in person and not on TV for the first time.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Welcome to the site FfcJag, hope you stick around and perhaps fill us in on how the match goes. Are there any local restaurants or hotels you can recommend?

It is disappointing that Fulham supporters appear to be an after thought for this event. Perhaps they figured not many would be willing to travel from so far out? Since this is a yearly planned event, let's hope it gets better for Fulham supporters to attend the match and sit with their comrades.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I have been told from Matt, from Fulham in Florida, that he's been in contact with Jag staff about the possibility of a Fulham supporter section. He says it sounds very likely and it would be in a decent section low down on the sidelines. Plus, there might be possibility of discounted tickets if you're a member of a supporter group.

As soon as I get any more information in regards to the above, I will let everyone know.

10. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

Re: 2013-14 Fulham Membership/ FUSA Supporters Club

Looks like its geared towards the local supporters only with the ticket deal items being the main cause.

Perhaps the club will understand that they have overseas supporters, or perhaps they believe we are like the Manure and Chelski plastic supporters and will jump ship now the club is relegated.

PR at it's best, yet again.

Oh, and in spite of the clubs best efforts to reduce our chances of getting tickets for the summer match, we got a dozen stubs from TicketMaster in a single block together today - thanks Fulham for doing the usual sweet FA to help.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

For those that are making the trip to Jacksonville, or perhaps just want to add another Fulham FC inspired t-shirt to your collection, check out these:

http://teespring.com/Fulham

12. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Those shirts may be a no go due to a trademark claim, or so says the web site

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That stinks. I wonder what the issue was. It had Fulham FC printed on it and the US Supporter logos printed below the name of the city of Jacksonville. We had "Official Fulham FC US Supporters Club" printed on our shirts and I asked someone at the club if that was an issue and they said no. :think:

14. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

15. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Looks like 5 sections for FFC 141 to 145, in the corner though.

being billed as "Jaguars Mega Event: DC United vs Fulham FC w/ Carrie Underwood concert" At least we get top billing :D

16. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

There are a dozen of us who got in on the general ticket release and secured section 107, FF & GG seats 6-11 both rows.

We are arranging rooms at the three following hotels that are about a mile from the ground: Homewood suites, Hilton garden and Hampton Inn, and are planning a meet up on Saturday lunch time before the game, and also Friday night for those there early, and then also a post game meal & drink.

Anyone attending, not already on the mailing list, send me your email addresses and we'll get it sorted out via mail (not all people are on each Forum so we decided by direct email). I can be reached on LogicalmanUS@gmail.com.

Just 4 weeks to go til we see the lads (well those that are still there and the new faces that is).

Thanks,

LM

17. dino1828

dino1828 New Member

I'm new here been on many Fulham boards over seas just found this one, I'm local in Jacksonville, Florida and I'm attending the game here, if you need any help or info for me so I could meet other fans would be great.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Welcome dino1828, appreciate the offer of assistance. We have more in the Facebook group that are making the trip than on the board I think.

19. psand22

psand22 Member

We'll I've got my tickets and heading down for the friendly. Has anyone heard of anything about the team's activities while in Jax...are there any open training sessions, meet and greet, etc????

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Haven't seen anything on any of the forums or official site. But if I see anything I will post it here and elsewhere. And if anybody else sees anything about open practices, etc., feel free to share it here.