Fulham to play preseason in Jax 2014

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by boa3532, Jul 19, 2013.

1. boa3532

boa3532 New Member

2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Lucky you. Hopefully they hit a city somewhere near me.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

It will happen, and here's hoping we can organize another tailgate like the site did back in 2004!!!

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Have car. Will travel.

5. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Hopefully that means a US Summer tour next year. Of course I am hoping they come to Boston/Foxboro, but if not hopefrully I can swing a road trip somewhere.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

As I said on Facebook, I would love an FFC v Liverdrool "friendly" at Fenway. An FFC v Portland friendly would be good too.

7. Masterhaynes

Masterhaynes Member

Russ just interviewed him on cottage talk and had it confirmed by Shahid, Fulham will definitely be playing in Jacksonville next summer, even offered to buy Russ a drink. Sounds like he is planning to put on a really special event but I don't think you will see Fulham playing outside of Jacksonville next summer. Unfortunately for me it's the one time of year I'm not able to get out to Florida, not that I would look forward to the daily afternoon thunderstorms and deluge of rain in July/August.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I will have to give the show a listen tomorrow. I would love to see Fulham play in the States, will be anticipating the details.

9. tim

tim Active Member

Too early to start planning a FUSA meetup?

10. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    I'm hoping that they'll do a Florida tour and make it down to my end of Florida, but if they don't- I'm sure Christian, myself and any other South Florida Fulham fans would be happy to make the drive to Jax, as it's a little cheaper and less time-consuming than flying to London.

~ Steve

11. LogicalmanUS

LogicalmanUS Member

Never too early for that. The last one was far too long ago (2005) in Ohio, I attended that one and will plan on attending this one if it comes to reality.

I recall last time we got a couple of hotels at good rates for the majority of supporters, and took over a bar downtown for the evening - great time.

So, Count me in.

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

While it will obviously depend on the date of the friendly, I am in. Have relatives to visit in FL so should be able to swing a trip there. If they have friendlies in other US locations will people want to consider one of them for a FUSA meeting or should we just consider Jacksonville, since it is kind of Fulham's USA headquarters.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

That's what I have been thinking Mo. If they have a US tour and not just a friendly in Jax, we might have a better venue for a big FUSA gathering. Fulham in Florida, the Florida Supporters group, will probably meet-up in Jax for that friendly for sure, would be nice to join forces with all the local groups. But who knows if there is a more central location for most of us to get to. I have been in loose contact with the Jax tourist office to see if our members can take advantage of any promotional deals, but it's difficult take full advantage of anything when the details of any visit is probably months away.

14. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Wow I'd love to make it down for that. Would be awesome to meet everyone!

Shocked it's been so long since they've been to the States.

15. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Already dropped a hint to the wife that a trip to Jax next summer might be in my plans. She didn't say no :) But I can't see them coming to the states for just one game, so I have a feeling we might see a couple more.

16. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'm gonna hold out for a tour and a closer venue, since we're already planning a trip to Stevenage Road in April. But even if that doesn't happen, I'm still gonna lobby hard for the road trip to Jax. Went there a couple of years ago for the NCAA's, so I' be still kinda, sorta got the lay of the land somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of my brain. Wanna meet some of ya'll supporters!

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Lol. I'll have to lobby really hard after the US Gold Cup disaster for my husband to be willing to travel 300+ miles to see another soccer game, so I better get on it. :cool:

18. Andersons11

Andersons11 Member

Sounds like everyone is dragging the significant other along, myself included. Lets hope for a tour.

19. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I will be in JAX in a heart beat but much closer for me in SC. :)

20. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Hey ArticBob,
    How does a 12 hour road trip from Raleigh to Jacksonville sound....As ja rule would say, let's take the yukon...
    Your Friend,
    CarolinaTim