Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Stadium

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Mar 8, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at

Cheng, I would try to call the Courtyard we are staying in. I bet you can still get a room there. Here is the info:

As for a hotel, FulhamUSA has you covered here as
    well. About a half mile from the Frog Bear Bar is
    the Courtyard by Marriott - Columbus Downtown. We
    have reserved 20 rooms for both Friday and
    Saturday nights for FulhamUSA members and their
    families to stay. The rate of the room is $124.00
    a night and these rooms have two queen size beds
    in them. While the price might be a bit steep, it
    is within walking distance of a lot of pubs/bars
    and the nightlife of Columbus.

If you would like to reserve a room in this hotel,
    this can be done over the phone by calling
    1-800-321-2211. When calling, tell the operator
    that you would like to make a reservation for the
    "Courtyard by Marriott - Downtown Columbus."
    Then, tell them you are with FulhamUSA. The group
    code is "FUS." You can reserve a room(s) by
    leaving a credit card number. The card will not
    be charged until checkout day on July 31st.

Good luck on the bar exam!

2. Wilkee

Wilkee New Member

Columbus

So how many Fulham USA members are expected for the match?. What sections are all the Fulham supporters sitting in?

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Re: Columbus

Why don't you read the last 11 pages?.....

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: Columbus

Hello Wilkee!

I think about its been confirmed about 85 of us will be attending (that includes significant others as well)...so it should be a right good time in Ohio.

5. Wilkee

Wilkee New Member

RE: Re: Columbus

Thank Mike, I appreciate the straight answer............................look forward to meeting you.

6. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: Columbus

Ah yes, my pleasure...where are you expats staying while in the wonderful state of Ohio...??

7. Cottager

Cottager New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Sta

I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new faces at Columbus. Are many, or any, able to make the Wednesday night game. I am flying in early Wednesday and staying through until Sunday. :)

8. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew

Yes, as far as I know, Chicago Tom and his Brother Mike will be going, Mr. Jux and Mrs. Jux, Pettyfog and as well as others that I am unable to recall at the moment...

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew

As Mike mentioned, I will definitely be there with my brother. I am arriving on Wednesday at about 5PM or so. Just in time for a few drinks before the match. Not sure where I am staying on Wed and Thurs yet. I will figure that out this weekend. Friday and Saturday I am staying in the Courtyard Downtown.

10. americanmike

What row/seat is everyone in???? Me and Smokin are in Row 9 Seat 14 and 15.

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Row 4, Seats 14 and 15 for my brother (McBride's Header) and I.

12. nowayjeff

nowayjeff New Member

Row 6, Seats 7 & 8 for me and my girl. I can't wait till I get there.

13. DCDave

DCDave Member

Row 4, Seats 10 and 11 for me and my wife.

14. Spozzie

Spozzie New Member

The Exiles are in row 8 seats 8 thru 13

15. mrsjux

mrsjux New Member

Here's an extracurricular activity I wanted to alert everyone to, if they so desire.
    Easton Town Center, a big outdoor mall/lifestyle center on the east side of town, is having a Soccer Celebration from 10 am-6 pm Friday. No Fulham players will be on hand, but I did get the list of MLS boys that will be on the autograph roster.
    Robin Fraser
    Landon Donavan
    Clint Dempsey
    Carlos Ruiz
    Arnado Guevara
    Scott Garlic
    Taylor Twellman
    Pat Noonan

Just another option for those of you coming in early. Here's the link for the event, and Easton Town Center in general. It's pretty nice--oh, and about 5 minutes from the Jux house, so I'd imagine we'll be around...

http://www.eastontowncenter.com/eventsc ... entid=2256

16. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Hotel Booking

For anyone who hasn't booked a hotel yet I have just booked in at The Courtyard by Marriot Downtown and got a room rate of $99 per night.

I don't know how many rooms are left at this rate you may want to look in to it before thay all are gone. 8)

COYW'S

17. pshelton

pshelton New Member

See you in Columbus!

Just wanted to saw we are looking forward to the game in Columbus. My daughter, husband and I will have our Fulham T-shirts and hats on. We just got back from London a few weeks ago and I wasn't sure we could swing another trip this soon, but it worked out! Thanks to Tom and Mike for all of the information etc that they have been sending in the newsletter.

- Pam from SLC

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: See you in Columbus!

We have been having trouble with the email server. While I think everyone got the email, here are the details of the trip to Columbus:

It is hard to believe, but the week is finally here in which Fulham is crossing the Atlantic to play two preseason friendlies in Columbus, Ohio. The Cottagers will take on the Columbus Crew on Wednesday, July 27th and then the MLS All-Stars on Saturday, July 30th.

Mike and I have received a lot of emails with questions about directions, check-in times, and other things regarding the weekend in Columbus, so I thought it would be a good idea to send an email with all of the details for what will hopefully be a great weekend for everyone in Columbus.

The festivities will begin for some on Wednesday, July 27th at Crew Stadium when Fulham takes on the Columbus Crew. If you purchased tickets through FulhamUSA, you received tickets for this closed match. It begins at 7PM EDT. I am planning on getting to Crew Stadium around 4:30 that afternoon.

While we have nothing specific planned, there might be some who enjoy some drinks in the parking lot before hand. Feel free to give me a call Wednesday night if you are at the match and would like to join in. My cell phone number is 773-407-0900. The match is general admission so there are no designated seats for everyone. Therefore it will be tough to meet up unless we do so via cell phones.

On Friday is when most of the others will be getting into town. For those who are staying at the Courtyard By Marriott Downtown Columbus, check-in time is at 3PM EDT. If there is anything you want to know about the hotel, here is the link:

http://marriott.com/property/propertypa ... Code=CMHCY

If interested, on Friday evening, many of us will be meeting up at O?Shaugnessy?s Public House in the Arena District. For those who do not know, this is within walking distance of the hotel. We can get something to eat, have some drinks and have a good time. For the address, directions and other information about O?Shaugnessy?s, here is their link:

http://www.ospub.com/

On Saturday, the plan is to start the tailgate around 12 Noon. We will be providing food in the form of brats, burgers, hot dogs, etc. However, we do ask that if possible you bring some beers or the drink of your choice for the afternoon. We will provide some beers, but we will not have enough for the entire afternoon. If you have a small grill or some food you would like to bring to help out, that would be great! We have a few grills, but cooking for 80 or so people we might need a few more.

The tailgate itself will take place in the VIP Parking lot of Crew Stadium. For those driving, you will have to park somewhere outside the VIP lots. For directions to the stadium, how much it costs to park and a map to show you where to park, click on the link below:

http://www.crewstadium.com/?s=parking

For those staying downtown at the Courtyard, we do not have transportation set up from the hotel to the stadium on Saturday. We will all likely have to take cabs or perhaps a city bus (if available) to the stadium Saturday morning/afternoon. The hotel unfortunately does not provide a shuttle to and from Crew Stadium. I apologize to anyone if this is an inconvenience.

The match itself with the MLS All-Stars begins at 3:30PM EDT. For those not going, it will be shown LIVE on ABC! Look for us in section 124 with a some large FulhamUSA banners!!!

As mentioned, we are sitting in section 124. Here is a map of Crew Stadium:

http://columbus.crew.mlsnet.com/MLS/coc/stadium/

We sold in the area of 80-85 tickets so we should be able to do a good job cheering on the Black and White Army on Saturday. There is a chance that we will have some song books with some of the various Fulham chants and cheers. That is not certain, but it might happen. If so, Mike and I will be handing out the books to those who want to get in on the singing.

After the match, there will be a FulhamUSA party at the Frog Bear Bar in the Arena District. For those going to O?Shaugnessy?s on Friday night, the Frog Bear is located right next to it. The party starts around 5:30 or 6PM EDT or whenever we get there after the match.

Unfortunately once again, we do not have transportation to get from the stadium back to the Frog Bear. There might be some busses or cabs to get us back to the stadium. I can assure you we will find something and we will all get back to the Frog Bear safely.

At the Frog Bear, we will have a large room with our own bar. It is a cash bar. You will have the opportunity to order food from the menu if you want to eat. There will not be any snacks or food provided at the party by FulhamUSA. Thus, you are on your own in terms of food at the Frog Bear.

The party ends when we want it to. There is no time we have to be out of there so we can enjoy the Frog Bear as long as we want. For those looking for information on the Frog Bear, here is the link:

http://www.frogbearbar.com

Last, but not least, if you would like to contribute to the FulhamUSA?s effort to sponsor Brian McBride, you may do so this weekend. Simply see myself or Mike and give us your donation. I would like to thank those who have donated already and encourage those who have not to help out if you can. We are still well short of where we need to be and it would be great for FulhamUSA to sponsor Brian for the 2005-2006 season.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the weekend, feel free to email myself, tom@fulhamusa.com, or Mike, mike@fulhamusa.com.

In addition, while in Columbus, I can be contacted via cell phone at 773-407-0900. Mike can be contacted via cell phone at 516-991-6674. Feel free to call either of us if you have problems or are simply looking to meet up with the group when you get into town.

It should be a good time in Columbus and it will be great to meet everyone and enjoy the matches. Only a few more days until the fun begins.

Until Wednesday,

COYW!

ChicagoTom

19. nowayjeff

nowayjeff New Member

I just read the following email, and it has just occured to me that I have been sent tickets in a different section then the one apparently everyone else is sitting..Is anyone else sitting in section 123? I am hoping so.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I believe we are in section 123. I just keep mixing the sections up. I am quite certain we are all together.