Fulham to play MLS All-Stars at Crew Stadium

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Fulham Game V MLS

Can anyone make a suggestion as to where else would be best to stay. $124 is a bit over the top and I don't mind being a few miles away and drive in and away from Downtown Columbus.

Names of areas or hotels would be appreciated..Thanks

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Fulham Game V MLS

so everyone knows, there are a lot of rooms left at the Marriott Downtown. There were some messages yesterday about our block being all somd-out, but that is not correct. I just wanted to let you know that.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: Fulham Game V MLS

Red Roof inn for one... I checked the convention Center, for drill. They're full but try Hilliard or Dublin

Also a lot of holiday inns in the area. What you're looking for is inside, or proximity to, I-270, I-71 or I-70

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Order form

Also....I cant bring up the order form. I emailed Carrie and what she sent me also wouldn't open?????

Can anyone send me a order form in some other format?....Thanks everyone for all the information recieved.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: Order form

I can't send it in another format. On Tuesday, why don't you just call Carrie Rundio at 614-447-4172. If you have a fax machine, I can fax it to you on Tuesday when I get back to work. Let me know if this helps you out or if you need further assistance.

6. pettyfog

Off-topic:
    Martin, I assume the problem is you dont have MS Word? Or is it you have a Mac?

I had to reload computer and had left my MS Office CDROm at son's house.. so I downloaded the 602 suite.

http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/

Both the Word and Excel clones work great.. a LITTLE biut of difference but not enough to notice

7. martin

martin New Member

I can convert it to pdf if that would help. Let me know if you want me to do that and where to send it.

8. Martin-in-Nashville

Order Form

Thank you but Carrie at the ticket office already converted it for me and I now have a order form.

But Thank you Martin and Pettyfog for your help and assitance.

I WILL NOT Be going to the scrimmage game on the 27th so if anybody would like my tickets (2) when they arrive please email me and I'll post them to you.

See you all at the game.

Come on you Whites!...

9. RDG

RDG Member

Spouses/Partners/Better Halves

My wife seems to want to go to Columbus, but is not a football (or FFC fan), so has no real desire to see the match. She is wondering if there are other wives/partners/significant others who will be at Columbus, but not at the match.

10. gdl1958

gdl1958 New Member

I have secured my flight and of course ticket for the big match in Columbus....woohoo.

Can any good soul please advise of a place to stay at a moderate/budget price in a reasonable part of town or the best place to look up on the net.

What is the public transport connections like to the Crew stadium? :D

11. pettyfog

On bus transport.. spotty at best, this is midwest, of course.. everyone drives.

http://www.cota.com/cota/cotaweb/maps.x ... d=2&pid=,1
    As usual, all connection is in center city (Broad and High Streets) you would take the 04 out to Hudson and Indianola, about a ten minute walk to stadium (east toward I-71)
    Also look at crosstown schedule

Look at a mapquest or yahoo map (type in airport code CMH)...The stadium is at Hudson and I-71, (Silver Drive, being the access road)

Inexpensive hotels can be had for $50 - $75 night.. problem is getting TO them from airport. The bigger hotels have shuttles.
    http://hotel-guides.us/ohio/columbus-oh-hotels.html
    There is a Cross Country Inn (motel) at Sinclair & Morse that might suit..
    http://reservations.hotel-guides.us/hot ... 7919M.html
    a couple miles north of The stadium, near Indianola (one-way in stretches, mind)

All things equal, you might save by joining Tom's program

Considerations:

the accessible 'night-life' is just west and south of the center city- Short North and German Village, (and in the OSU Campus area -but it's July and only summer students)

12. gdl1958

gdl1958 New Member

Many thanks for the leads. I am coming in from Cleveland and will travel straight from there by bus or train to Columbus having a day free before and after the match to site see.

It is all going to be a great adventure for me. Even better as the dearly beloved wife will still be in England !!!

13. pettyfog

I keep editing.. so stay tuned to that post

Other consideration: I would try that Cross Country Inn, above for a feel of it...

Do you drive and handle motorways well? If you're a natural driver ( thus handle the shift from right to left hand) OR if you've driven around and in Paris without incident.. then a rental car from Cleveland Airport might be a good deal. Should be able to get weekend rates from several.. Budget, hertz, avis, alamo

Also, this needs brought up. Columbus, though you never heard of it before and is only 175 years old IS a large Urban area. (Metro pop. 1.5 million)
    As such, you should use good judgement.. while EVERYONE in Columbus is generally hospitable and dont lie in wait to way-lay tourists as they do in Miami... you DONT want to be cruising around east of I-71 from Morse down to I-70..or SouthEast of I-71/I-70 in the night hours
    - - - - - -- - - - - - - -
    Just Google "Columbus Ohio Attractions"

Note: The USAF museum is 80 minutes west of Columbus, in Orville and Wilbur's hometown... VERY large and complete.

14. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Does anyone know if Fulham are planning to bring along merchandise (clothing etc) to sell at the game? I would love to stock up without having to pay the high shipping charges from the FFC website.

15. pettyfog

The Crew shop people told me that there would be some Fulham gear for sale around the date. But they said this was up to MLS, though I dont know what they have to do with it... Fulham should send the stuff direct.

I just emailed shop.Fulham and asked them about this.. good promotion if it started right now, even.

16. pilch

pilch New Member

West Molesey, near Hampton Court, Surrey, England
    Room sharing in Columbus

mnlandshark, I'm coming over from England and am interested in sharing a room/costs during a stay in Columbus. I will be aiming to see the game on Wednesday 27th too - but will find alternative accomodation for (hopefully) only the earlier part of the week if people cannot make it to Columbus until Friday/Saturday. Let me know any details and I'll get back to you.
    Cheers,
    Pilch

17. Jux

Jux New Member

RE: Room sharing in Columbus

Wow! I initially thought that Pettyfog would be the only other member of FulhamUSA at the scrimmage game on Wednesday! It's good to see that we'll have company. I might have to take that Thursday and Friday off to help welcome everyone to town :D

18. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Room sharing in Columbus

45 days and counting!!!!

19. Martin-in-Nashville

Columbus game

Today I have recieved my tickets to both the Columbus Game and the MLS All-star game.

As I will not be travelling to Columbus until Saturday morning does anyone want my 2 Tickets to the Columbus game on wednesday 27th July at 7pm.

If you do please email me at Martin5023@bellsouth.net

20. Stapes

Stapes New Member

RE: Columbus game

what is everyone doing before the game? Tailgating? Pub?