FULHAM @t Newcastle [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Sep 1, 2006.

1. bill

bill New Member

6 to 8 weeks -- Alan C, Saturday, September 09, 09:44:10pm
    Steve Keane just on Sky Sports News. The latest on Jimmy Bullard is a lot better than it could have been, he has travelled back with the rest of the team and they expect him to be back in 6 - 8 weeks.

Good News

COYSW

2. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

This is what I was going by.

From TFI:

Coleman interview on Sky -- PP, Saturday, September 09, 05:23:26pm
    Injury was complete accident, Jimmy is going to be OK. Very pleased that they kept working.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

What a win!! Just watched it and admittedly I was gutted when Jimmy went down with what was a very ugly injury. If you have a hard time watching gruesome injuries, stay away from the review of this match.

As for the match, it was fantastic in the last ten minutes. The team showed a lot of heart and determination to come back from a goal down, on the road without their best player to get the win.

I am proud of the boys and it was a much needed win. Let's hope the lads can build on things with another next weekend at Spurs.

COYW!!

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Wow!

What a match! Tears of sadness, tears of joy.

Good to see the Americans standing up and making 'em count. Great placement by McBadAss on the first. Great header by McB on the second, with great hustle and awareness and luck by Boca on the second.

Bullard's injury left us all gutted, no doubt. But now we know we can overcome obstacles and still defeat a very respectable team, and in their own house.

I move that we sell shares for Boca now also. Anyone else support that idea?

Let's keep the train chugging along through Tottenham.

Come On You Super Whites!!!

(Oh, and I will be supremely dissapointed if Collins John starts the next match. He absolutely sucked today.)

5. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I head a tear in my eye when Jimmy was stretchered off. For the first half of the game I had been playing him up to my friends and one of the most hard working players on the team. You see him up front attacking at one moment then the next he is in the 6 yard box clearing a shot. I hope he is doing alright tonight.

I am so happy for an away win. I hope we keep on going from here. Where does this leave us in the table?

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I can't tell you the wave of emotions that came over us (the travelling Fulham fans) when Jimmy Bullard went off, then we went down 1-0 and then finally when Diop went off. Ugh.

When Jimmy went off, we all got texts from our friends saying how bad it looked on TV and the wind was taken out of our sails. We stopped singing, we were more concerned with Jimmy.

After the first goal, the Newcastle fans were giving us some major stick. Taunting, chanting etc. We sang some very very funny songs that probably could only be understood by the English because I had to ask the guys around me what we were singing.

For example, one song was called "If you can't talk proper, shut your mouth" which was a play on their Geordie accents. I'll list more later.

Anywho, we went nuts after that first goal, and when we scored the second, I did, I must admit, have tears in my eyes and Fulham fans were hugging each other and we sang every Fulham song in the book. Hope you heard.

After losing out two best players and down 1-nil and thinking it was all over, and winning, it really helped to appreciate a hard earned three points.

Today it is very good to be Fulham and even better to be Fulhamerican.

COYW's

7. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Curses to the injury problems, but hooray Fulham won on the road four games into the season (only the 2nd game on the road)!!! I hope Bullard gets better soon...

I don't really mind the blue shirts, but I'm not a fan of those socks.

8. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

They are saying 8 weeks for Jimmy to come back. :( I waited till the replay to watch the game and was standing up for most of the match. As Mike pointed out, that had to be one of the highest of the highs and lowest of the lows emotional matches that I have seen. I know Jimmy's recovery is in the hearts and minds of all of us here.

9. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I caught the last 80 minutes of the game after coming home from Rutgers trouncing Illinois 33-0.

It's sad to see Jimmy Bullard hurt and that it's going to take a long time for him to heal. He's clearly a hardworking and talented player; I recognize his skill even with what little soccer knowledge I have. I hope he recovers quickly, and more importantly, properly.

Fulham in blue is...well, ugly.

Fulham coming back to win the game 2-1 despite the loss of Bullard and Diop was fantastic! McBride with a header! Bocanegra coming off the bench to tap in a McBride header that hit the crossbar for the win! Amazing stuff.

10. BC

BC New Member

I was out of town and did not have computer access so I missed the match. I'm sure GJ was out of control at the end! When I saw the score, I was elated. Great, great win for us. Then I saw the news of Bullard's injury and that dampened my euphoria a bit. However, it sounds like a dislocated patella and provided there is no ligament damage, it should heal well.

How great is it that both Yanks scored in the comeback win of the season (so far)?? Awesome!!

11. americanmike

Did anyone listen to Gentleman Jim, I would like to know how he sounded.

12. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks, pard!

14. thesportingrogue

thesportingrogue New Member

I am glad for the early, gritty road win, but without Jimmy B. we'll be much less competitive.

Bummer, too, for all the fantasy managers who (like me) have been reaping bountiful points from Mr. Bullard's skillful play.

Bah!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Saw the highlights on EPL Review last night. Really ugly injury with Bullard. I sympathize with Parker. I've been there and it's sick when someone you've just collided with can't get up. Scary.

Brian's goal was a thing of beauty though. I like the way we're playing; I'm just wondering what our lineup is going to look like with all these injuries. 7 points in 4 games is great, but Act I has just started. COYW!

16. martin

martin New Member

I listened to the match. Gentleman Jim sounded a little subdued to me. He was clearly concerned about Bullard's injury, but I thought he was less enthusiastic than usual even before then. His reaction to the goals was very atypical. He usually gets so excited that he blows out the audio with his yelling. But I wasn't sure if we had scored or not, because he stayed so calm.

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I'm thrilled! Its great to get off to such a good start, far better than I could have ever anticipated. Bullard thing does really hurt. He's the last guy I wanted injured but I guess will just have to make do.

18. americanmike

Thats for that Martin, much appreciated. Sometimes, especially on long trips, he gets very subdued. None-the-less, I do miss listening to him when Fulham scores especially when he blows out the system!!

19. americanmike

20. americanmike