Fulham Summer '06 Transfers

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Bullard to Fulham - The Real Deal

Without a doubt they are disappointed with him leaving. He and Chimbonda have been their best players all season long and finding central midfielders with his ability are tough to replace.

Here is the kicker though folks....Bullard has missed one game through injury in the last three seasons. If he gets hurt and misses more than three or four games, there is something in the Fulham water that gets players injured.

Thus, he is not only a good player, but he is a healthy player as well.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Fantastic News!!!

Bullard is a great fit as a tenacious midfielder. While I would argue that Chimbonda is Wigan's best player (maybe we need to go after him too), Bullard stands out as one of the better players for Wigan. He could be the missing piece in the midfield, a la Reyna-like.

Now to focus on D-fence!!!

3. rumstove

rumstove New Member

RE: Fantastic News!!!

Bullard is a great pickup for Fulham!! I'm happy.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Anyone need a midfielder?!

Bullard
    Malbranque
    Pembridge
    Christanval
    Brown
    Boa Morte
    Simon Elliot
    Legwinski
    Radzinski
    Jensen
    Diop
    Elrich

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

When I clicked on and saw the "great news" in the corner, I was hoping it was transfer news, but this is even better than I might have hoped. I've seen Wigan play several times this year on the telly, and I agree with everything everyone's said about Bullard and his play. I would add this, though. The boy has heart and a whole lot of "want to." Great acquisition.

Next: Onyewu! :banana:

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Fantastic News!!!

Argghhhh!

Dont queer it, Don... I was hoping for a big surprise whn it happens
    :wink:

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Re: RE: Bullard to Fulham - The Real Deal

Hate to be so mean spirited but I kinda hope they are gutted. I was certiantly gutted when Chimbonda scored in the final minutes off that bogus free-kick. That loss stung. I can stil hear GJim "ohhhhhhhhh NO" as the JJB goes crazy and they play some gay music.

Great signing, hope we get a good center-back, DeZeuw wouldn't be bad if we felt like robbing Wigan again:lol: and a quick speedy forward ala Ashamoa

8. debaillie

debaillie New Member

RE: Re: RE: Bullard to Fulham - The Real Deal

We have to get someone in there for Zat Knight. He is the cause of probably 50% of the goals that I have seen televised. His form is just horrible at times and shocking at best.

9. rumstove

rumstove New Member

From BBC's Tuesday gossip column:

Newcastle and Charlton will go head-to-head in a bid to land Fulham boss Chris Coleman to fill their managerial vacancies. (Daily Express)

Fulham defender Niclas Jensen could be heading back to Denmark in a ?750,000 deal with FC Copenhagen. (The Sun)

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Why would he go to Charlton?!!!!

If Newcastle, then more power to him... or them.. well, you know... 8)

11. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

How about we stop acquiring MIDFIELDERS!??

I cant believe Zat Knight is in that fantasy line up.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

There are a lot of rumours flying around that Steed Malbranque might be on his way to Liverpool in the next couple of days. I have read on T-F-I.com, The Official Board and on T-F-I.com, someone is reporting that there was an article on SkySports.com. However, I could not locate it.

It would be tough to lose Steed this offseason. However, in another thread, it has been discussed how players at smaller clubs like Fulham are usually looked over when trying to get into his respective countries national team. There is no reason Steed should not at least be getting a look from the French team. However, he is not. I would guess he is thinking a move to Merseyside with Liverpool could get him in the Champions League and other high profile matches to get him playing for France. If that is his reasoning, you cannot fault Steed for leaving.

It is not official he is leaving, I am just passing along information I read. However, things do not look good that he will stay. Contract talks have hit a snag between Fulham and Steed.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

So who could replace Steed? I like Niko from Croatia. From what I read he could leave for like 2M which would be an absolute steal.

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

15. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I saw that this morning as well. I hope that clears some space and money for a couple quality players. I also read we are still trying to get Bridge and I just ask myself... why?

16. americanmike

I will miss Alain. One of the nicest players I have ever met at Fulham and I always rated him as one of our best CB's in recent years. 'The Rock' always seemed to make our other CB's play better when he was on the field but alas, I think his sick record in the last couple of seasons has lead to his release...and he's French.

Goodbye Alain, you will be missed.

[​IMG]

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Does anyone know how much Andy Johnson would cost? Palace have missed out on promtion. I doubt he's really going to want to spend a second straight year in the CCC. He's way to good for that.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

About 7 million pounds. Unfortunately, that is out of our range. He would be a great signing for us, but I highly doubt he will be with Fulham next season. I would venture to guess he will be with Bolton or Everton next season.

19. americanmike

Relegated Players

There is always alot of talk about players from the relegated clubs looking to move away from their currrently club to stay in the Prem. I think there is only a handful I would consider Fulham moving for...

BIRMINGHAM:

DJ Campbell - Birmingham - A young forward that has a great eye for goal. The kid is quick and could be the verstaile Forward we are missing.

Matthew Upson - Birmingham - Did someone say DEFENSEMEN!

Jermain Pennant - Birmingham - I know, he's a midfielder and has had his problems in the past, but the guy is good. Quick, agressive and has a shot most envy.

Notables: Mario Melchiot - I always like this guy and I would've taken him a couple of years ago but I don't think an aging defensemen is our answer. Heskey - Same as Melchiot just substitute 'forward' for 'defensemen'. Forssell - His loan move to birmingham a few seasons ago was phenomenal but since them his injury problems have gotten the better of him.

West Brom:

I don't think any of West Brom's players fit the bill for us although maybe Neil Clement as a defensemen would be a good asset.

Sunderland

Just one player stands out here: Julio Arca: A midfielder with promise...but we definitely don't need anymore midfielders. Ok, maybe one, but thats if Steeeeeed leaves this season.

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Damn thats high. Better to spend 7 mil on him than Bridge. I thought I'd ask because you never know. Didn't Nemi have a high price tag right after S'hampton got relegated? But by the time we got him 6 months later he was pretty reasonable.

In my opinion we need a fast forward, mind you one who can finish every now and then unlike Radzzzzz.